Advice Moving to Telluride Colorado - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-17-2012, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello. Im looking to move to Telluride. It has been a special place for my husband and I and now that most kids are grown and gone we are thinking of moving there. We still have our youngest daughter with us but she is 17 and done with school. My husband is disabled so finding a job might be hard for him. He is an amutee of the right leg. I lived in Salida for a few years and love the mountains. Any advice on how to get started? Is there anything special we need to know? Im soo Excited about the thought.

#2 of 3 Old 06-22-2012, 09:38 PM

Well, it helps to have a lot of money if you plan on moving to Telluride.  It is home of the rich and famous.  I've had friends move there and it is a struggle to stay afloat.  Now if that is not a problem for you, what other kinds of things are you wanting to know?  They have a good school system, great library, wonderful events and in the summer, it seems every weekend there is something going on.  The blue collars work hard and the rich play hard. It's rather progressive so if that's not your cup of tea...........    

#3 of 3 Old 08-24-2012, 10:15 AM

Yes, a hefty nest egg is definately necissary, and also a car with good gas milage as the shopping there (mainly food-wise) is limited and very expensive. I live in Montrose, about an hour away, and at City Market we used to call Montrose the Hub because people from Colona to Telluride would come in monthly for the shopping they couldn't do there. You may want to check out Ridgeway. It's about 40 minutes away from Telluride, but 20 minutes away from Montrose, has a flexible health food store that should still be open, a broad selection of naturopath physicians, and the cost of living isn't quite as extreme while the views are just as gorgeous.

tavamom likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page