New to Boulder! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-18-2012, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all... My family and I are moving to Boulder in the next couple of weeks. I have a great tribe of crunchy mama friends in Florida that I'm sad to be leaving, and we don't know a single soul out in Colorado! Wondering if there are any AP/babywearing/crunchy mama groups in the Boulder area? I noticed on their website that the local LLL doesn't hold regular meetings. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 07-23-2012, 10:01 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)

Welcome to Mothering!

I hear Boulder is a great place to live! I'm sure we have plenty of Boulder area Mothering families. Hopefully someone will post a hello soon! 

#3 of 8 Old 08-25-2012, 09:25 PM

Hi!  I am moving to the Longmont/Boulder area next month.  I have 2 girls; 4 & 2, and due to have a baby boy in January.  I am looking for my tribe as well!  Id love to meet some crunchy mamas, I am coming from Madison, WI, crunch central...haha.  Anyway, blessings on your journey and feel free to be in touch!  

#4 of 8 Old 08-31-2012, 01:07 PM

hey all!

i live just outside of boulder in nederland (mountain folk!), but we are moving to town in october. we will be first-time parents and are due early february. we don't have any friends out here either who have children and it would be great to meet some other mamas and dads!

my fiance is from wisconsin and i am from kentucky.

stillheart.gif

kelly beth, hubby & beautiful baby girl (02-18-13) stillheart.gif

#5 of 8 Old 09-03-2012, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Kelly Beth,

For some reason I can't seem to reply to the PM you sent me....? Oh well.

Congrats on the new baby! You've got a big adventure coming your way! :) And good for you reaching out now to other parents... I didn't learn how important it was to have parent-friends until after Amia was born. We're finally getting settled here after the move and we'd love to start meeting some other mama and dads!

Do you two come to Boulder often? I am not familiar with Nederland other than what google.maps told me, lol. Also, are you on FB? That is usually a better way to get in touch with me; I'm not on this site too much. Let me know!

<3

#6 of 8 Old 09-03-2012, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Peace of Mind, let me know when you get to town and get settled :)

#7 of 8 Old 09-20-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khensberry View Post

Wondering if there are any AP/babywearing/crunchy mama groups in the Boulder area?

Seems like you should have been in Boulder for a few months now, but you can't avoid the crunchy types there.  I stayed in Denver for the summer and ran into crunchy moms EVERYWHERE.  As far as groups go, though, not so sure.  But do start asking around if you haven't found them yet.  I saw lots of cloth diapers, amber necklaces, etc. and those are usually good signs.

DD#1 arrived 2/7/10!
#8 of 8 Old 11-13-2012, 03:31 PM

hope i'm not too late! i lived in boulder for almost two years but am now a new momma in westminister (about 15 minutes outside of boulder) and am looking for some cool moms to connect with. haha- and no worries, you basically just moved to cruncy city!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page