Waldorf-Inspired Charter School Opening in Fort Collins - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-13-2012, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello all!

I wanted to let everyone know about a new charter school in Fort Collins that is currently gathering enrollment to open for the 2013-2014 school year. Mountain Sage Community School is a Waldorf-inspired charter school steeped in sustainable living that will be opening as a K-5 school, adding one grade a year to become a K-8 school. Here's the website: http://www.mountainsagecommunityschool.org/.

In the new year, the Mountain Sage team will be hosting several enrollment events at The Gardens on Spring Creek. You can get your questions answered and meet some of the amazing people involved. To view the dates, here's the link to the events calendar: http://www.mountainsagecommunityschool.org/get-involved/calendar/. You don't need to attend the event if you know this is right for you; you can access the intent to enrollment form right on the website, here: http://www.mountainsagecommunityschool.org/enrollment/intent-to-enroll-form/.

My family and I recently moved back to Fort Collins after living in Golden for 9 years. I'm just now joining the Mountain Sage community, although I've known about this wonderful school-in-the-making for years. I'll do my best to answer your questions in this thread, and hope to see you at one of the events. Thanks!

#2 of 6 Old 01-04-2013, 12:14 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)

Sounds like a great public school option - thanks for sharing! 

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
#3 of 6 Old 02-17-2013, 04:26 PM

I'm currently a 2nd grade teacher in Denver, but REALLY want to get into the Waldorf community, so I am in the process of gathering my resume, cover letter, and recommendations so I can apply to teach at this school!  Do you know how enrollment numbers are looking right now?  If I do end up getting hired (this may be my dream job!!), I would absolutely want to send my kids there.  The thought of this is making me giddy right now...I went to CSU and lived in Fort Collins in 2000 and 2001 and would LOVE to get back there and be involved in this community! :)

mamamiz likes this.

Single mama to DD 10/18/03 and DS 9/15/05 

#4 of 6 Old 02-17-2013, 05:35 PM

Always good to have more options in the community.  My kids are too old but it would have been an option for us.

#5 of 6 Old 02-18-2013, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter

@honeybee80, great! Enrollment looks wonderful. At this time, we have two 2nd and 3rd grade classes! We have a policy that the children of full time staff are guaranteed a spot in their class, so that is not an issue. I have let our hiring committee know of your intent. Good luck!!

#6 of 6 Old 02-18-2013, 11:17 AM

mamamiz, thank you!!!  This sounds like such an amazing opportunity!  I'm going to email over my resume and cover letter later today, as I'm still waiting on letters of recommendation, but want to get the ball rolling :)

Single mama to DD 10/18/03 and DS 9/15/05 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page