Nanny Share / In-home Childcare for Infant in Denver - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 12-11-2013, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am expecting my first child in February 2014.  My husband and I are not really interested in large daycare centers and are leaning more towards in-home care or a nanny share.  I'm having a hard time finding resources to search for these things.  There's some stuff of Craigslist, but overall it seems lacking.  Do any of you have suggestions for linking up with people in similar situations?  I know for in-home care most providers don't know their availability this far in advance, but I'm still looking for any leads I can get for the time being.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

#2 of 10 Old 12-15-2013, 03:21 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

Welcome to Mothering! :w

It looks like your post might have been missed, so I'm bumping it up for attention. :bump: Anyone have recommendations to share?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 10 Old 12-29-2013, 10:41 AM

I would try either care.com or sittercity.com, both are paid sites so you sort of screen out the weirdos that way, and you can access background chrcks and references too.
#4 of 10 Old 01-01-2014, 04:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm interested in this, as well!  We are expecting our first child in March and would like to find a nanny share situation.  Unfortunately, we have no idea where to begin and our friends with babies aren't interested in nanny-sharing right now.  We live in Wheat Ridge, just west of downtown Denver.  Would love suggestions!  

#5 of 10 Old 01-03-2014, 06:49 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Andrea.  I posted on both Care.com and SitterCity.com.  Haven't upgraded to paid membership yet, but I have received several applications.

Amy - these are probably your best bet.  And you can also look on Craigslist - though you have to sift through a lot of crap on there.  We are in south Denver and I'm looking for care there or in the Stapleton / Aurora areas.  Good luck!

#6 of 10 Old 02-21-2014, 03:20 PM

We are interested in a nanny share in Denver as well. I have seen a few ads on Craigslist and in the Denver Post. I also found this site: www.nannyshare.us with a few ads.  We are looking for a part time share near the University Hills area beginning in October.

Good luck to you!

#7 of 10 Old 06-03-2014, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amykrob View Post
I'm interested in this, as well!  We are expecting our first child in March and would like to find a nanny share situation.  Unfortunately, we have no idea where to begin and our friends with babies aren't interested in nanny-sharing right now.  We live in Wheat Ridge, just west of downtown Denver.  Would love suggestions!  
Hi! I have been search for a nanny share in the wheat ridge area for 9 months now! I currently have a couple part time baby sitters I rotate but would love to get someone regular with a nanny share! If you are still looking or interested in adding to a group I would love to chat more!!!
#8 of 10 Old 06-03-2014, 07:24 AM

We are interested in a nanny share in the wheat ridge area as well! We have multiple baby sitters right now and would love a share so we could have the same person regularly but have no idea where to start!
#9 of 10 Old 07-02-2014, 10:27 AM
SLK

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Nanny Share

Hello,

We live just north of Sloan's Lake and have a great nanny currently who has been part time with us. We need her full time beginning September but need a family to join us. Our daughter will be one at the end of July. Let me know if you are interested and we can discuss further. Thanks!
#10 of 10 Old 07-22-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Hello,

We live just north of Sloan's Lake and have a great nanny currently who has been part time with us. We need her full time beginning September but need a family to join us. Our daughter will be one at the end of July. Let me know if you are interested and we can discuss further. Thanks!
Hi!! I am looking for part-time care for my 21 month old daughter and am interested in sharing a nanny. Have you found a family to share or are you still looking?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page