Possibly moving to CO - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-13-2014, 10:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi All,

I'm researching the Waldorf Charter schools in CO for my almost six year old little boy. I'm considering moving us to CO.

Does anyone have any feedback about any of the following schools:

Juniper Ridge Community School, Grand Junction, CO

Mountain Phoenix Community School, Wheat Ridge, CO

Mountain Song Community School, Colorado Springs, CO

Mountain Sage Community School, Fort Collins, CO

I'm mainly looking for NO STAR Testing and Attachment Parenting International types of family / school communities if anyone has any insight or experience I'd love it.

Thanks!

Katie
#2 of 3 Old 05-30-2014, 05:34 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have friends who are parents, children, and teachers at Mountain Sage. It's a lovely school. I'm impressed with how wholesome and Waldorfy they've been able to make a public school. The parents seem kind and engaged. A dad built a beautiful loft for one classroom and another made the coolest May pole for their festival. I've gone to some of their crafts and festivals as a guest.

We also have a few part-time schools here in Fort Collins -- where the student attends 2 days per week and does his/her work at home with mom/dad as more of a resource and helper than a homeschooling parent. Just a mention.

peace,
teastaigh
#3 of 3 Old 06-12-2014, 10:05 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Katie,

I moved to Denver from Indiana 8 years ago and love it. I love Waldorf (though my 10 yo is currently at a Montessori school.)

I have a friend with a son at Mountain Phoenix. Let me know if you'd like me to connect you and I'm happy to talk about other Colorado questions!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page