Midwife in Wichita, KS area? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-23-2008, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm newly pregnant and starting to wonder how I can avoid a repeat of the C-section I had with my first. Thing is, I don't think that's going to happen with my current OB. My gut says try for a home VBAC with a midwife, but I don't even know if that's possible around here. I just know that unless it's absolutely necessary, I need to avoid another C-section. I can't go through that again. Recovery was hell, and I had my DH home for months after the birth. This time, he'll be 3.5 hours away working, and won't be able to get more than a little bit of time off.

Are there any homebirth midwives in the Wichita, Ks area that do VBACs?

FYI...my first birth was an induction at 38 weeks for "big baby", epidural, cascade of interventions, failure to progress, etc. etc. etc. Basically, I got a section because after all day of upping the pit, and finally an hour of pushing, it was pretty apparent that Ds was malpositioned and wasn't going to be coming out the natural way. 'Course, how he got that way is pretty easy to guess...: Now that I know so much more about birth, I'd like to avoid going down the same road, kwim?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2008, 01:23 AM

Just thought I would drop you a quick note. I have not had a homebirth in this area but I know there are midwives. I will try to get more information for you than that but just thought I would encourage you. I would recommend that you hook up with a LLL or the Wichita AP group, they might be able to give you more info.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:31 PM

Good news there are homebirths midwives in Wichita that will do VBACs. I had one with my last pregnancy and will again this time. I do also know of some OB's who are supportive of VBAC's. If you send me a pm I can give you the details.
Michelle

Michelle : wife to wonderful hubby mama to Jude (10/03) Annika (4/06)
Zane (3/09): : : :
Old 10-05-2008, 10:42 AM

There is a birth center in Yoder. I don't know if they do vbacs or not, but you can check them out.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you, all!

I forgot to come check back after a while of not getting any responses. I was starting to feel invisible! Thanks so very much for the input!
Old 10-14-2008, 04:44 PM

Hey there. I'm a doula in your area and just wanted to say hi. I know of a few and can let you in on the words around town about certain ones. Let me know if you are interested in chatting. ~Laura
Old 10-22-2008, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Happyucmama -- That would be wonderful!!! I've been so busy the last few weeks, I haven't been able to contact anyone yet, and I'm starting to feel pressure to just go back to the OB.

Thanks!
Old 10-23-2008, 12:03 AM

Cool I'll pm you my number

User Tag List