Looking for a Chicken Pox Party - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 04-29-2009, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a 14 month old daughter, and I am not vaccinating her for chicken pox. I am hoping I can find someone with chicken pox and expose her to it, so she will have immunity. We are in Helena, MT, but I am willing to drive for several hours rather than vaccinate. Thanks!

June Bug- 3 years and growing, Baby Emmett- 8 months and on the move!

#2 of 16 Old 05-17-2009, 07:56 PM

I think there are a lot of mama's in Montana who are willing to drive a distance for a party. I am hoping that anybody who ever gets it, will post and let us all hang out! Wanted to bump this, just in case!
#3 of 16 Old 06-04-2009, 01:51 AM

Please let me know if you guys find one I so want to expose my kids as well, I just hate that they are vaccinating for it, it's ridiculous!
#4 of 16 Old 06-06-2009, 11:56 AM

I need one too!! My lo is now 3 1/2 and STILL has not had them. I'm in Bozeman and would love to join you all if you find one....Thanks!
#5 of 16 Old 06-07-2009, 10:36 AM

I was wondering this as well because it seems they just don't happen as much (grrrr) too many vaccinated children I guess. I'm in Missoula, and have only heard of one family getting chickenpox in the last year (of the kids/families I know). So it has seemed infrequent here to me. My son is 4.5 and now I'm wondering how to make this happen.
#6 of 16 Old 06-12-2009, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

I have read that kids can catch chickenpox from adults that have shingles since it is the same virus. We have some older relatives that break out in shingles occasionally, so we are hoping our daughter can snuggle up to them next time. We will post if we have any luck!

#7 of 16 Old 06-23-2009, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

Chickenpox is in Spokane, Washington:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1096196

#8 of 16 Old 08-04-2011, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter

Still looking for chickenpox. Thought I would give the thread a bump.

#9 of 16 Old 05-13-2012, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

Still looking and hoping to catch some natural chicken pox. We are in Helena, Montana, but are willing to drive. Thanks!

#10 of 16 Old 06-09-2012, 03:03 PM

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

It will be me posting this same thing here in a year or so!  I have heard of mama's here on MDC giving their kid who has chicken pox a sucker then sending it to another mama in the mail for their kid to finish.  I'm totally with you on not vaccinating :)   And yes, chicken pox rates are currently down because of vaccines, but there will be adults in the future who do not get their booster shots which they need for the rest of their lives as I understand it in order to avoid getting chicken pox as an adult when it can be very dangerous.  So, check around here on MDC and see if you can get another mom to send  you an infected sucker or something I guess would be my advice.  I dont like the idea of not knowing exactly who they are but I'm guessing thats what I'll have to do in order to get my kids exposed as well.  Good luck!

#11 of 16 Old 06-10-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1love4ever View Post

It will be me posting this same thing here in a year or so!  I have heard of mama's here on MDC giving their kid who has chicken pox a sucker then sending it to another mama in the mail for their kid to finish.  I'm totally with you on not vaccinating :)   And yes, chicken pox rates are currently down because of vaccines, but there will be adults in the future who do not get their booster shots which they need for the rest of their lives as I understand it in order to avoid getting chicken pox as an adult when it can be very dangerous.  So, check around here on MDC and see if you can get another mom to send  you an infected sucker or something I guess would be my advice.  I dont like the idea of not knowing exactly who they are but I'm guessing thats what I'll have to do in order to get my kids exposed as well.  Good luck!

I tried this as well as an "infected" t-shirt and it did not work.  The suckers were overnighted to me even, she sent like 6 so I could just keep giving them to my kids (this was a close friend of mine).  I am still on the look out for a CP party!

#12 of 16 Old 06-16-2012, 11:17 PM

Oh no Cindy!  I cant believe all that- the suckers and a tshirt didnt work to infect your kids!   If anyone does finally catch the chicken pox will you PM me and let me know, I dont check back here that often.  I would drive to where you are, or at least try the sucker and tshirt thing if you would be willing to do that!

#13 of 16 Old 06-21-2012, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1love4ever View Post

Oh no Cindy!  I cant believe all that- the suckers and a tshirt didnt work to infect your kids!   If anyone does finally catch the chicken pox will you PM me and let me know, I dont check back here that often.  I would drive to where you are, or at least try the sucker and tshirt thing if you would be willing to do that!

I would drive to see you or meet up in between as well.  At that point your kids would be sick.  I am desperate and think that i would drive within a 4 hour radius to make this happen.  I really appreciate your thoughtfulness!  love.gif

#14 of 16 Old 06-21-2012, 11:10 AM

I think I've posted this before, but since we still haven't found one, and this thread has been revived...

We are looking for one in Billings, too, and willing to drive.  My oldest is 4 now and I would really like him to get it sooner than later.

#15 of 16 Old 06-21-2012, 10:05 PM

Ooh I'm close to Billings, I hope you find someone, and if you do please PM me!  We go to Billings a  few times a year, and I'm always looking for an excuse to go in order to hit the health food stores :)  I've also been asking around here in Miles City, no luck so far tho :(

So, since we are talking about chicken pox, does anyone have any ideas/info on how to naturally care for chicken pox so that your child is not terribly miserable, and doesnt get scars?  I'd love to learn more about herbal and natural remedies and homeopathy, I'm nearly clueless lol.  I've got some stuff for the common cold like black elderberry syrup and echinacea, and I know of foods that have anti-bacterial/viral/fungal properties such as ferments and kefir (I have kefir grains if anyone wants some!), coconut, raw honey and garlic, but none of that has seemed to cure us in the past.  I prefer not to treat a fever but I've used ibuprofin before so that my kids could get a break from feeling miserable

Anyway, chicken pox anyone???

#16 of 16 Old 06-22-2012, 09:06 AM

Oh we would travel too! My guy is 3.5. His brother had them when he was about 7 (very mild case) & little guy was about 1 but he didn't catch it. So yeah we're still looking.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page