IDSO: Temporary summer housing in Bozeman - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-18-2009, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi mamas,

DH is starting a Masters program at Montana State U. Most of his classes are online, but he has to spend some time on campus the first (2010) and last (2012) summer of his program. We will be in Bozeman probably 4-6 weeks and are looking for a furnished place to stay. MSU's grad student housing doesn't work because they don't allow pets and we have two dogs.

I would appreciate any ideas, leads, thoughts, possibilities ... you get the picture. Maybe someplace to find a sublet, or if you know someone with an in-law apt. at their house ... or ... anything else!

Please respond here or email me at [email protected].

TIA!
Em
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2009, 09:12 PM

Craigslist might work, also if you can get ahold of student housing, they sometimes have postings. Best of luck; a summer in Boze is not a terrible thing. ALso one of my friends lived in a hotel with a dog with monthly rates for a few months...
Old 08-24-2009, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberenergy View Post
Craigslist might work, also if you can get ahold of student housing, they sometimes have postings. Best of luck; a summer in Boze is not a terrible thing. ALso one of my friends lived in a hotel with a dog with monthly rates for a few months...
We are considering the hotel idea if we can't find something else.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:27 PM

The Blue sky Motel on Main st. is ok with dogs and long term occupants...It's about a quarter mile from the Boze library and Lindley Park/Peets Hill (another great place for the canine set).
Old 09-06-2009, 07:24 PM

Em, the Residence Inn also accepts dogs and the rooms have a full kitchen in them. It might be kind of spendy, but you can talk to the manager there and see if they will do some sort of discount for the entire month. There is also a non-refundable Pet Fee. But having the kitchen would be a better way to go, cheaper for food, even though the room is more expensive. Call now too, the closer it gets to when you want to stay, the more expensive it gets. (used to work there).
Old 09-09-2009, 03:02 AM

If you're into camping, you could also camp up Hyalite or somewhere like that. But that would mean more of a commute to campus....

Not all who wander are lost.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:21 AM - Thread Starter

We found a place!!! Furnished vacation rental on S. 8th Street. Can't wait to come to Bozeman for 6 weeks.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by em1079 View Post
We found a place!!! Furnished vacation rental on S. 8th Street. Can't wait to come to Bozeman for 6 weeks.
I just stumbled across this as I was going to post a question, and noticed your SN. Are you on TBW? I would love to meet up, if it works out. I went to college at MSU, and we go to Bozeman quite often. Anyway, let me know here or there.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:53 PM

Congrats! I think you are close to our piano teacher I hope you have a great time in Boze and make sure you get to ski, the snow is great this year, if you are into that sort of thing. Also two new restaurants I hear are great: Blackbird and the Thai place over by cafe sola, I think it's Lemon Grass? Best to you and yours for a warm cozy holiday in Montana.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Congrats! I think you are close to our piano teacher I hope you have a great time in Boze and make sure you get to ski, the snow is great this year, if you are into that sort of thing. Also two new restaurants I hear are great: Blackbird and the Thai place over by cafe sola, I think it's Lemon Grass? Best to you and yours for a warm cozy holiday in Montana.
I'll keep my eye out for these restaurants. I love Thai food. Probably no skiing though ... we arrive mid-June!
Old 01-06-2010, 01:35 PM

Ok, dur. Anyway,summer is even nicer here! Have a great journey and enjoy.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
I know your piano teacher! I bird-sat for her once. my in laws live right over there....near cooper park. Great part of town.

em1079 - I was going to suggest something for you but I am glad you found something! Let us know if you need anything else!

Jenna, Mama to my little sprocket, born at home 5/29/2010

User Tag List