Billings Mamas? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 09-20-2009, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I need some recommendations of naturally minded OBs in the Billings area -- preferably doctors that deliver at Billings Clinic. I had a very traumatic birth experience at St. Vincent's and would prefer to stay far away from it this time. I am also most comfortable with female doctors, though I'd love to hear any suggestions out there.

My husband and I are desperately wanting to have a homebirth, and are hoping to meet with a midwife in the area soon, but realistically, we're not sure we can swing the $3000 out of pocket. I'm just trying to get some ideas lined up ahead of time in case the homebirth doesn't work out.

Any ideas for me?

.:*~*:.Sarah.:*~*:.
Married to my best friend SAHM to ds1(1/04) and ds2 (5/10)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 19 Old 09-22-2009, 07:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Do you mind if I ask your due date? I'm a midwife moving to Montana at the end of next month and my current fee is about half that. I will tell you I'm not currently eligible for licensing (I don't have enough solo births yet; the area I currently work in doesn't have a huge number of births), but I do good work and am also willing to work as a monitrice. I will be coming back to my area for 2 births at the beginning of Dec and one birth in April otherwise my calendar is open. Sorry I can't help with OB info, however. I don't know docs in the area yet. Anyway, feel free to call me with any questions you might have.
#3 of 19 Old 09-23-2009, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Oh, wow -- what part of Montana are you moving to? It's looking like my due date is roughly May 22nd.

#4 of 19 Old 09-23-2009, 01:22 PM

I meant to say feel free to PM me with any questions I'm moving to Billings at the end of Oct. I do need to find out if it's possible for me to practice without being licensed yet. Otherwise, I'll be signing up with the birth center in town to get in the births I need to get my CPM and get licensed. Actually, I'll probably end up doing that no matter what just to reassure my hubby. I serve 2 states at the moment and in one I'm legal and the other I'm not. He would have a bit more piece of mind if I was licensed.
#5 of 19 Old 09-23-2009, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

That sounds great! Let me talk to my husband more about it tonight (hopefully) and I'll try to PM you here soon. Thank you!

#6 of 19 Old 09-27-2009, 11:03 PM

Sarah,
Congrats on your pregnancy ! I live in Billings too and I see your son is 5 . When his b-day and is he in kindergarten ?

I have a 5 yr old boy too and he's in kindergarten. Is your son in soccer ?
#7 of 19 Old 09-27-2009, 11:14 PM - Thread Starter

Hi! DS is a January baby. Yes, he's in Kindergarten too, and loving it. No soccer right now. We tried about a year ago and it didn't seem to excite him too much. What about your son?

#8 of 19 Old 09-28-2009, 02:56 PM

Brendan loves kindergarten and his birthday is August 4. He is in soccer and he enjoys it alot but is kind of cautious at it .

He was in soccer tots at age 3 1/2 but that was only learning how to stop the ball and dribble it .

Now he's with team on approach to soccer ball which many of those boys who are 5 proably turned 5 before March and got to have spring pratice in for 6 wks .

Also, there are some soccer camps for 5 yr olds and up in the summer time but when brendan turned 5 all that stuff was over .

So many kids seem to have had pratice while Brendan is a first timer .

What do you do while your boy is in kindergarten ? do you live in heights or westend area ?
#9 of 19 Old 09-29-2009, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

We're just a little ways out of downtown -- we live just off Broadwater. What I'm doing while ds is in school? Well....right now I'm just trying to survive my first trimester. I can barely leave the house right now I feel so sick. We shall see once it passes. I may be looking for some part-time work, but I'm not sure yet.

What area of Billings are you in?

#10 of 19 Old 09-30-2009, 11:54 AM

We live in the heights and right near by the heights Wendys.

You getting alot of morning sickness ?
#11 of 19 Old 09-30-2009, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

Ooh, Wendys. This baby likes Wendys. It's one of the only things that sounds good.

The m/s is nothing like it was with ds, but I am not a happy camper. Yuck.

#12 of 19 Old 09-30-2009, 06:16 PM

morning sickness is no fun that's for sure. Was it worse with your first or is this the worst ?

What do you think of the rainy weather and the possiblity that we may get snow tonight ?
#13 of 19 Old 09-30-2009, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter

With ds, I lost 20 pounds in the first trimester and was hospitalized for severe dehydration. Not fun. This pregnancy is just constant nausea, so definitely a big improvement.

I would like some more summer weather, please! I'm not ready for 42 and rainy! I refuse to believe there's a possibility of snow. I'm going to live happily in my land of denial!

#14 of 19 Old 10-01-2009, 07:47 PM

Glad it's less worst with your 2nd one and hopefully it doesn't get bad for you as it was for your first .

I rather have the weather be in the mid 70's No wind, No Rain and that would be fine for me.

Maybe we could get together at the Wendy's Downtown for lunch while our boys are in school ?
#15 of 19 Old 10-01-2009, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter

That kind of weather sounds perfect to me! I like snow on Christmas, and that's about it.

Lunch would be fun! I should probably give it a few more weeks until the worst of this has passed, though. My days are so up and down there's no telling if I'll be dying to eat or wanting to run from the smell of food!

#16 of 19 Old 10-02-2009, 01:03 PM

Sarah- I think I live pretty close to you, we live on Custer. I am trained to be a midwife but not licensed either so haven't done any births here yet so am working as a doula right now.
Have you tried ginger tea for your morning sickness?

Please feel free to PM me, I'll get you my phone number and whatnot. I have lots of resources you are welcome to as well.

Rachel, wife to Brian, mother of 5. Lover of birth.
Blog on profile.
#17 of 19 Old 10-02-2009, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Sounds like we are pretty close to each other! We're only a couple blocks up Broadwater, though we're only here until we finish remodeling a place a little farther up, near Washington Elementary. We were hoping to get in there before the snow started flying, but it's been slow going. I haven't tried ginger tea yet. I keep seeing it recommended, intend to go buy some, and then it completely slips my mind. I should write myself a note now while I'm thinking of it!

I'm PMing you now -- thank you!

#18 of 19 Old 10-02-2009, 04:23 PM

Ginger tea is a good recommendation. If you're not too fond of teas, you can always do ginger candy instead. I don't know if there is an Asian market there, but if there is you can easily find ginger candy. It's just ginger with a touch of rice syrup so, like the tea, there are no chemicals or anything else that might bother your stomach. And the ginger candy is portable so you can take it anywhere. It's about .75 for 6-8 pieces of candy, so definitely affordable. You can turn it into tea as well by dropping a piece or two into some hot water.
#19 of 19 Old 10-09-2009, 12:26 PM

Mary Health food has candy hard ones and gummies .

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page