Sidney, Montana - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-21-2009, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, so I just got the news that we may be moving there. I have no idea what to expect. I'm from Nebraska. Do any mama's live nearby?

Tabitha, married to my best friend Steven - Mama to 6 little ones and another on the way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2009, 06:58 PM

I'm not too far- by Montana standards. I live in Terry. As for what to expect- think rural. People look at me like I have 3 heads when I babywear, nurse in public, or don't buy sposies. I am a treehugging hippie by local standards, though by MDC standards I'm pretty mainstream...

Welcome to Eastern Montana!
Old 11-09-2009, 09:37 PM

We were in Circle but now we're in *******. We have family in Circle and Wolf Point. Never been to Sidney but it's got more to offer than Circle and it's a bit bigger than ******* so that's good! Eastern MT is pretty but too rural for me.

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
Old 11-10-2009, 12:40 AM

We struggle with how rural and isolated it is from time to time, but the cost of living and the fact that my family is here makes it worthwhile for us. I also find it REALLY difficult to find a job that comes close to what I would earn in a larger area- in fact, I accept that for the time we are here I will be underemployed.

It would help a lot to have other like-minded families around, but there just aren't many.

So, I'll be the weird tree-hugging hippie for now.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:34 PM

Hey we should have a crunchy meetup in Miles City sometime! There are a fair amount of babywearing Mamas here in Colstrip but I will (sadly) say that I've gotten less confident about myself in public then when we lived in Las Vegas. Just more self conscious I suppose.

I've never been further East or North then MC though, but it seems awfully flat to me. Nothing new to OP from Nebraska though but you will thoroughly enjoy the drier climate!! Last summer we went back to KC in August and I thought I was going to die!!! Or drown in sweat
Old 11-28-2009, 02:35 AM

I *love* babywearing, it works so well for us, but the last time I ran across someone, he suggested that, "they make carriers and strollers, you don't have to use an old sheet..."

Serendipity Nook in Miles City sells Mobys, and Great Grains and Discovery Pond have ring slings... but I still get some funny looks.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

Well, it looks like South Dakota may be the more likely option! His boss thinks the store in SD would be a better career choice. I wish a decision could be made! It's making me nuts!

Tabitha, married to my best friend Steven - Mama to 6 little ones and another on the way!
Old 12-10-2009, 05:38 PM

I am a reporter for Montana East Regional News. I am interested if any of the moms here would be willing to be interviewed about babywearing...it wasn't poplar when I was a young mother and I think it would be interesting to my listeners and viewers. I can be reached at [email protected].

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannaW View Post
Hey we should have a crunchy meetup in Miles City sometime! There are a fair amount of babywearing Mamas here in Colstrip but I will (sadly) say that I've gotten less confident about myself in public then when we lived in Las Vegas. Just more self conscious I suppose.

I've never been further East or North then MC though, but it seems awfully flat to me. Nothing new to OP from Nebraska though but you will thoroughly enjoy the drier climate!! Last summer we went back to KC in August and I thought I was going to die!!! Or drown in sweat
Old 01-05-2011, 08:30 PM

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm in Miles City, I get funny looks too, and people think I am nuts for breastfeeding my 11 month old!

User Tag List