long shot? Anybody heading to Red Lodge this weekend? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-29-2010, 02:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Yeah, could be a really long shot here... but I figured this is kind of prime stomping grounds (um, MDC, that is) for crunchier types and those who have midwives...

Just wondering if there are any others seeing Pam from Mountain Midwives and heading to Red Lodge for the couples' retreat this weekend?

I'm stoked! Dh is a bit more... hm... nervous? apprehensive? (he's much crunchier than he'd ever admit, but likes to joke about hippie circles and weird things they do)... and of course that makes me all the more excited to go

And I'm so excited to finally get to wacth "The Business Of Being Born!"

That's all

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls, a boy, and someone new in May '15! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2010, 11:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No, we aren't going. But darn, wish I had known. Is it only for couples that are expecting? Nonetheless, have a winter wonderlandy fun time!
-Jenna (living in Sheridan, WY)
Old 01-29-2010, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

yeah, it's just for clients seeing Pam (and co.) of Mountain Midwives... I'm not so much looking forward to the drive tomorrow morning (dh doesn't get off of work tonight until 10:30 p.m.... registration is at 8:45 a.m. tomorrow morning and it's about a 2.5 hour drive up there from what I can figure). But hey, I'm still excited!

I'm not too far from you, Jenna... just over the mountain (and a bit) over in Worland

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls, a boy, and someone new in May '15! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) .
Old 01-30-2010, 02:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh, have fun! I have heard good things about her.

I'm sure that there will be Mothering moms there (whether they're on MDC or not). There are more of us than we realize, I think. Or maybe I'm just deluding myself.

Hope you have good roads and a wonderful weekend. I've been wondering how you were doing as your due estimate approaches.

Not all who wander are lost.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elanorh View Post
I'm sure that there will be Mothering moms there (whether they're on MDC or not). There are more of us than we realize, I think. Or maybe I'm just deluding myself.
haha... my sentiments EXACTLY!! I figure there HAVE to be more of us around.. or maybe I live in my happy little bubble and figure EVERYBODY should be one anyway

The forecast seems to be quite favorable for the weekend, so I'm really looking forward to it all! I've actually *gasp* never been to Red Lodge before, but have always wanted to check it out, so I think it will be amazing! Heck, I'm even just excited to see, "The Business of Being Born" since I haven't seen it yet.

I'm 36 weeks plus a few days now and this babe seems to be happily baking away. While I'd love to focus on the February 27th "guestimated due date" (as I call it), I tend to have a history of having the coziest uterus around and my babies like to hang out for a bit longer I'm okay with that and tell myself it will be a week or two into March before this one arrives on the outside! ... And I completely admit to being so curious about the gender of this little one! I tend to automatically think 'girl'.. but with three girls thus far, it's hard NOT to think that way... but the only gender-specific dream I've had was Very Much Boy. Ah, the joy of anticipation!

User Tag List