Minot Mamas--Starting New Natural Living Group--Need Ideas - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 02-08-2010, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Minot Area Mamas!

We are looking to start a new group of natural living mamas who would like to support each other, learn new ideas, and teach others about natural living. We are looking at meeting once a month and having a new topic each month. If you are interested in being involved, please let me know. I would love ideas of things you would be interested in learning about and if you have expertise in any area. We would like to make the group pretty broad so that people understand that you can live naturally in so many different areas of your life.

Post back with your thoughts!

Hope, check out my life at http://thethriftyqueenspeaks.com

#2 of 15 Old 02-14-2011, 10:42 AM

Love this idea! So funny that I actually have been considering trying to start the same type of group. :) Some ideas.. the benefits of babywearing, info on circumcision, healthy eating, TONS of info on breastfeeding, etc!

Sarah
Proud USAF Wife(4.30.05) Momma to my sweet Doodle(3.20.11)
#3 of 15 Old 04-04-2011, 12:57 PM

Sounds great to me!

Amber

Mom of 6

Green living family

mamaprek likes this.

Amber ~  Wife to Justin ~ Mama to Kaydra ~ Houston ~ Kaitlyn ~ Kaydence ~ Carter ~ Kourtney

#4 of 15 Old 04-06-2011, 07:48 PM

Ok thrifyqueen... I think it's about time we actually get this going! Since the breastfeeding group in no longer meeting, maybe we can work that into this somehow (breastfeeding support meets right after or something like that)... anyway, my schedule has slowed down a bit so let's get together!!

Sara - - PreK Teacher, Birth Doula, Wife to Shaun (8/13/05), Mama to Caleb (8/17/06), Chance (6/22/08), and Brielle (10/31/09) - - - winner.jpg

#5 of 15 Old 05-04-2011, 08:29 PM

Since the weather is nice(r) now, maybe we should start this as a playgroup that meets at a park or something and see what kind of feedback/response we can get. It also may be more popular if we make a fan page of some kind on Facebook.. y'all know how quickly word gets around there! ;)

Sarah
#6 of 15 Old 05-08-2011, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, let's get this going!  My schedule is slowing down a bit as well and with summer coming, I should be pretty open.  As far as getting together for a play group, what time of day works best for everyone?

I love the idea of a Facebook page.  Let's get a general idea of what we are thinking and then I will make a page.

#7 of 15 Old 05-10-2011, 11:42 AM

We are completely open to day/time, though I do think that it should be a weekday. Would every other week be too often? Once a month just seems really infrequent. It's just nice to know that there are other likeminded mommas in this city. I was thinking it can be sort of an informal thing, somewhere to come to have support and be comfortable asking questions if you need help. There is such a need for a breastfeeding support group, too though so Sara's idea of having that be something seperate possibly before or after the playgroup is a great way to include it and help the mommas that need it!

Sarah
#8 of 15 Old 05-10-2011, 02:39 PM

Daytime works for us too! 

Amber ~  Wife to Justin ~ Mama to Kaydra ~ Houston ~ Kaitlyn ~ Kaydence ~ Carter ~ Kourtney

#9 of 15 Old 05-12-2011, 08:26 AM

The breastfeeding group is up and running again, starting this Wednesday, May 18th. We will meet the 3rd Wednesday of the "odd" months (Jan, Mar, May, July, Sep, Nov) at 4:30 in the lower level of the Minot Public Library. We will discuss various topics related to nursing and parenting. Come with questions or concerns, advice to share or just for good conversation with other moms! Mothers, moms-to-be and children are welcome to attend!

I think an additional group for those interested in Natural Family Living would benefit our community! We are up for a weekday! During the summer we are pretty open! :)

Sara - - PreK Teacher, Birth Doula, Wife to Shaun (8/13/05), Mama to Caleb (8/17/06), Chance (6/22/08), and Brielle (10/31/09) - - - winner.jpg

#10 of 15 Old 05-12-2011, 11:48 AM

That is fantastic news!!! Adison and I will be there! :)

Sarah
#11 of 15 Old 05-28-2011, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, summer is here (sort of!).  What days/times work for everyone to meet up?  We should start with a daytime playgroup get together at one of the parks and go from there.

#12 of 15 Old 05-29-2011, 02:16 PM

Want to try and meet for a playdate on Thursday, June 9th and use that as an opportunity to figure out how to form a more formal group, exchange ideas and get suggestions for our group?

#13 of 15 Old 05-29-2011, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

June 9th works for me.  Luke has VBS until 12, but that's okay if he is not there too.  What time should we plan for?  Should we say Roosevelt Park across the bridge by the nice play structure or would Oak Park be better?  It is a little easier to keep an eye on kids at Roosevelt.

#14 of 15 Old 06-09-2011, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

With all the flooding/evacuations/etc. in Minot in the last week and a half, I think we will postpone getting together until it dries up a bit.  Maybe we can start in July.

#15 of 15 Old 06-10-2011, 12:07 PM

Yes, sorry I didn't post before today. Hope and I are both still overwhelmed with putting our homes back together. The last week and a half has been pretty stressful for our neighborhood.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page