Status of Midwives in Wyoming? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-03-2010, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone heard how it's going with getting the licensing up and going? Just wondering if there's been an update?

Kristi

Wife to 1 since 2000

Mom to 6 hippie.gif('01), jammin.gif ('02), superhero.gif('07), bouncy.gif ('09), energy.gif ('09), diaper.gif ('10)

homeschool.gif

#2 of 6 Old 11-07-2010, 02:48 AM

I believe it is up and running - I don't know whether there are any new (or "out from underground") midwives though. I'm not sure how we find out whether the board has licensed anyone. I believe that there are some midwives who have been coming over the border from MT and SD though??

I'll check the FB page and see what progress is being made - it's been very quiet though so I don't know if I'll get a response.

Not all who wander are lost.
#3 of 6 Old 11-08-2010, 06:51 PM

lol I run the FB page. =) Yeah, it's been quite!

CPM became Legel on July 1st. As far as I know there isn't ONE CPm in Wyoming. Not one. =( There are some lay-MW but they aren't popping up at all. ( I've been looking for one in a tiny town for over 5 months now and she's not interested in being found.)

There has been one CPM birth in Powell but that was back in May & the MW was from Montana.
The board mmebers have been picked and they are working on the laws. A lot of them suck really bad. No HB if your first baby was a c-section, if you are overweight or are XXX miles for a hospital... These laws are the reasons I will not become a CPM, I don't follow laws very well and these are just insane.

So if you can FIND a CPM she can baby catch legally now.

Free Birthing, Non-Vaxxing, Non Circ'ing, Baby wearing, Bed-sharing, Breastfeeding Momma of 2 toddlers and pregnant with our 3rd UC baby. Student Doula and Future Midwife
#4 of 6 Old 11-12-2010, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

There's a FB page??  Could someone send the link?

I was afraid of stupid laws like that. :( 

Kristi

Wife to 1 since 2000

Mom to 6 hippie.gif('01), jammin.gif ('02), superhero.gif('07), bouncy.gif ('09), energy.gif ('09), diaper.gif ('10)

homeschool.gif

#5 of 6 Old 11-13-2010, 10:27 AM

kchara, just search for "Wyoming for Birth Options" on FB and you'll find the page.  :)

Not all who wander are lost.
#6 of 6 Old 12-04-2010, 07:46 PM

CPM's are not legal until next year.  They're accepting licenses then, however to become a midwife (if not already licensed in another state with 5 years experience) you MUST have a MEAC accredited degree, which puts us all about 2-4 years out.  Right now everything is in the public comment stage, you can find the new regulations here (I uploaded them from an email, I had to request it):

http://www.scribd.com/doc/43653508/Midwifery-Rules-Regulations

The facebook page is Wyoming for Birth Options.  It's pretty slow for the most part as there isn't much to post at this point in time.  :)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page