Anyone from Fargo/Moorhead? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-07-2010, 08:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My family is considering moving to the Fargo/Moorhead area (my mom lives there, and I've visited several times).

But what can you tell me about the following things:

1) Is there a raw milk source?

2) Is there an active homeschooling group in the area? (And how about unschoolers?)

3) How would I go about meeting like-minded mamas?

4) Is there an active attachment parenting group?

Thanks! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
#2 of 5 Old 11-15-2010, 06:19 PM

I'm a little over an hour from Fargo, but am there once a month or so. I unschool my 5yo and 3yo.

#3 of 5 Old 11-15-2010, 08:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Hi alli, I'm Jennifer and live in Moorhead.  Minot is the closest point that I can say for sure you can get raw milk, but I'm pretty positive you can get it from the Lynn Brakke Organic Farm as well.  There is an organic buying club on yahoo groups called My Sister's Farm.  Lynn is a part of that group and would be able to tell you for sure if they or one of the other suppliers in our area sell it.  My use so little milk (allergies, etc) that I haven't bought raw since we moved to back to MN.  I know the ND side has a very active homeschooling group, but I can't say if ours does.  I'm pretty sure there is one, but I've never gotten around to contacting them.  My kids are pretty busy as it is and we're planning on moving, so I figured I would just wait.  There is a group called Mom's and Dad's Club of Fargo Moorhead that can be found on FB and yahoo groups and has a bunch of natural minded parents including those that are attachment parenting and those that pretty much are but don't bother to label themselves (like me).  There are lots of us hs'ers with Mom's and Dad's, so you should be able to get info about any groups there.  We also have a group call The Big ND Thread here on MDC.  Most border moms visit that one instead if the MN one because we live so far from the Cities that it just doesn't apply to us.  Side note, the local roller rink has a home school day once a mth during the school year when they open during school hours just for us and the YMCA has a discount for Hs'ers.  That's what I can think of off the bat.  Let me know if there is anything else you'd like to know.  

#4 of 5 Old 11-15-2010, 08:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Oops, I was wrong.  Here on MDC it's, The (Hopefully) Giant Colossal North Dakota Thread.  I also forgot to mention that my sis is a realtor here and my hubbies company runs the realtors listing system in town, so if you decide to move I can definitely hook you up.

#5 of 5 Old 12-04-2010, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the info!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page