Sidney, MT: Seeking open-minded, open-hearted natural mamas, doulas, midwives, birth advocates - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 94 Old 01-22-2014, 04:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey, just came upon this thread while searching for doulas in my area (Sidney). Are any of you ladies still on here or in the area? If so, I'd love to visit about how you've made childbirth work here. I had my first baby at SHC in June of 2012 and while I loved Dr. Twigg and the nurses, I would like to have a more natural delivery for our second. We're not pregnant yet, but I really want to be able to explore my options and it would be wonderful to be able to visit with other like-minded moms! Like someone else said, I have met maybe one other mom who cloth diapers around here, I'm planning to homeschool, and by breastfeeding for 12.5 months most people I knew seemed to think it was a bit "excessive," haha. So it would be great to hear from someone!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 94 Old 01-23-2014, 11:30 AM

Hi Laura!
I had my first here in Sidney in jan 2012 with Twigg but had a doula and she was wonderful!
So nice to have a woman there to support you and be there to help you achieve the birth you're hoping for.
Crysta with cyber doulas (who is on this thread) was my doula. I'd definitely reach out to her! She was always there to discuss anything with, both before and after my daughter's birth, which was such a blessing.
I definitely understand your wishes for wanting a doula, especially in this small town wink1.gif
For me, it's rough having such different views that you actually feel like a freak. I mean, God forbid one not just follow babycenter's advice or take the advice of "what to expect when you're expecting"?!!
I also prefer a more natural approach, whenever possible.

Good luck with your second babe whenever he/she comes!
#93 of 94 Old 02-18-2014, 04:04 PM

Quote:
 For me, it's rough having such different views that you actually feel like a freak. I mean, God forbid one not just follow babycenter's advice or take the advice of "what to expect when you're expecting"?!!
I also prefer a more natural approach, whenever possible.

I agree. I would say I'm somewhat used to it, as I grew up in this area and was the only kid in my small ND class who didn't gargle with the fluoride, didn't drink milk, and went to the chiropractor. I was constantly called out and questioned on it by the other kids, who were more than likely just being curious.

I've found myself to be in the awkward place of being "too crunchy to be mainstream" in that my LO doesn't watch TV, I limit processed foods, cloth diaper, do the Sears vax schedule, and plan to homeschool. However I'm "too mainstream" to really fit in with the "crunchy crowd" because I don't forbid processed foods, don't do organic, occasionally use disposables, do some vaccinations, etc. Like you mentioned about not just following the advice of babycenter, etc., I think it's so important to take a proactive, intentional approach to life whether it be pregnancy, childrearing, schooling, etc., and so often what we find is best for our individual children, once we take the plunge to find out, is not always the easiest or most common thing.

It's frustrating to live in an area where one can feel so alone in her choices when they differ from that of the majority. I wish I could have come across this thread earlier when I was going through pregnancy/birth of my first LO! But I am always looking to connect with other moms, and would love to gain more knowledge!

#94 of 94 Old 04-02-2014, 10:05 AM

Hey I live in Williston and am also crunchy. We are also not extreme hippies smile.gif We eat healthy, do ap parenting (Dr. Sears), delay vacc, bf, baby wear and cloth diaper or natural dipes. We do go out to eat, they will attend school and they watch a little TV. But, we would rather be outside or at the ARC then on a sofa

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page