Mama's in Montana?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-01-2011, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am wondering if any mama's from Montana have opted out of the chicken pox vaccine and are trying to give their children the chicken pox?  If so I am trying to get my son in contact with some other chicken pox friends :)  Has anyone heard of a chicken pox party?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2011, 09:12 AM

None of my four kids are vaccinated and I am dying to get them sick.  Unfortunately in 6 years I have not heard of one outbreak.  If you hear of something let me know please.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:04 PM

We keep hoping to come across some but also haven't heard of a single case out here.

Jules

Mama to one delicious little boy (6/09) kid.gif familybed1.gif  and babygirl.gifbabygirl.gifbabyboy.gif triplets (6/12)

Married for 6 yrs and counting partners.gif

selectivevax.gif hang.gif cd.gif delayedvax.gif

Old 02-06-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewayoranother View Post

We keep hoping to come across some but also haven't heard of a single case out here.

It's very stressful to me.  My son will be six soon and I don't want him to really be any older than this when he gets it.  I am afraid we will have to get him vaccinated soon if we don't find someone with it.  I have even tried packages from friends, one was a set of lollipops and the other was with a puss covered shirt (yummy, huh?) and neither worked for getting them infected.

Old 02-07-2011, 12:32 PM

Yeah, I have been looking for chicken pox for a couple of years now and haven't found a case.

My niece had shingles last year and I heard you could contract it that way, but I was pregnant and not willing to risk me getting infected.  (I only had a very mild case as a young infant.)

I promise to post here if we ever get it!

Old 02-14-2011, 06:55 PM

My kiddos are 14.5 and 11 and we've never managed to find anyone with it :(  I'm debating vaxing at least older ds for it. I had it at 13 and it was awful, I remember it vividly. But, I keep holding out thinking MAYBE we'll find someone.  A close friend's kiddos had it in WA state, but we were out of the country or I'd have driven there to catch it!

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

Old 02-15-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyClark View Post

My kiddos are 14.5 and 11 and we've never managed to find anyone with it :(  I'm debating vaxing at least older ds for it. I had it at 13 and it was awful, I remember it vividly. But, I keep holding out thinking MAYBE we'll find someone.  A close friend's kiddos had it in WA state, but we were out of the country or I'd have driven there to catch it!

Oh, this does not make me feel better about finding it.  :(  I would drive quite a ways as well to get my kids to get naturally.  I don't want them having it as teens or adults.  But it apparently is the world we are living in. . . chickenpoxless.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:00 PM

Yep Cindy. Sorry to rain on the pox party parade, but it does seem like NO ONE here gets it! And supposedly MT is one of the lowest states for immunization rates? Where is all the chicken pox! LOL

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

Old 02-24-2011, 01:48 PM

I'm sorry that we don't have it now but we did I think two years ago...it was vy mild, got it from a friend, went over for a playdate while her kids had it.  Anyway it does exist!  Good luck to you all in finding it.  My older child had it a little more (he was 9) strongly than the younger.  But her immune system is like a tank. 

Old 03-03-2011, 09:54 PM

We had it a few months ago, a home school family we know had it so we went for a visit. My oldest (14.5) had had the vaccine 10 years ago and got chicken pox. It wasn't too bad for him though. It's out there... but people were *freaked* out that we had it and everyone avoided it. The family we got it from said their home school group totally avoided them, so it doesn't seem that many people want to be exposed.

Rachel, wife to Brian, mother of 5. Lover of birth.
Blog on profile.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:46 AM

I got chicken pox at 10. It wasn't very fun, but I'd rather do that than have a vaccine. I'd keep trying for a while. I'm never going to vax my kids for it. Of course, I never intend to give them any vax of any kind. 

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

Old 04-21-2011, 10:35 AM

I don't intend to ever vaccinate my kiddos for it either, but have not heard of it being around for a while. I live in Northwest MT, so if anyone has the pox, let me know.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:02 PM

It was aroung Helena last summer, but I don't know if DD got it. She got one spot. The timing was right, but I couldn't be sure with one spot. I have an idea though- what if we all plan on not just posting, but sending messages (pming?) to other people on this post who want it. It is so easy to miss a post if you don't check everyday, and CP is over so quickly. So if my kids get it I will post here and send out messages to people. I think naturally getting CP is so much better. My husband's little sister got the vax and has been getting shingles a couple times a year since she was 9. I don't want to see other kids go through that.

June Bug- 3 years and growing, Baby Emmett- 8 months and on the move!

User Tag List