I'm looking for the Missoula, Mt homeschooling moms/groups - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 06-24-2011, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello everyone!help.gif

I will be homeschooling my teen for the first time next year. Long time coming but I'm having

trouble finding where all the homeschooling groups are, how many Missoula has, what

they're called and where/ when they meet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I'm considering the k12 model because of the extra teacher support does anyone have

experience with k12? What are your thoughts and if you think you know a better program

please feel free to advize... this is all very new to me. thanks weemom3joy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 07-23-2011, 11:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Welcome to MDC! 

I live in WY but we do k12.  My dd is only in second grade; the parents with older kids (middle school or high school) that I've met who are doing K12 seem happy with it.  I would suggest checking out some of the sample lesson plans online at their site and see what you think of them (and what your dd thinks of them). 

Finding homeschool groups takes some detective work.  Other than searching online, the best way to find a homeschooling group, I'd think, would be to talk with the children's librarian at the public library.  Where I live, the librarians know the homeschooling families pretty well - and can let you know who to contact to investigate groups. 

I'd imagine there are a few different homeschooling groups to choose from in Missoula.  Good luck!

Not all who wander are lost.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page