Looking for doula and midwife in willistion nd - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-28-2012, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi I just moved up here and found out we are pregnant with number 2 I had a doula with my first and want one with this one to and would also like a midwife please help 

#2 of 5 Old 01-29-2012, 12:33 PM

Hi Britnee, I'd love to help you out with finding those things. I am a birth doula in Williston, and work with a couple of other ladies. I sent you a private message. Let's visit!

I am a NW Washington native living in Williston, ND, where I have been since 2005. My hubby and I have six children (his, hers, ours), are foster parents, and run two businesses from home, including www.cyberdoulas.com -- the birth doula business that is changing my life!

#3 of 5 Old 12-30-2012, 01:04 PM

Hi my husband and I plan on moving to the Williston area very soon but we have a decision to make. I am due with our first baby in march and we had planned on having him at a birthing center in TN where we live now but jobs are scarce here so my husband and I have been planning to go to Williston.... So our decision depends on if there is a safe and baby and mommy friendly midwife in the area. If so we will attempt to move up there within the month of jan. If not we will have to stay in TN until at least a couple of months after my baby boy is born and then move up there. My husbands concern is that come spring there will be a flood of people to the area again. We would like to get up there and try to get settled somewhat before that happens. Any and all advice would be wonderful!!! How are things up there? I know housing is slim pickins. Would it be better to go in the spring or to come up now? Will it make much of a difference to come up now and have our baby there versus staying in TN and having him here and waiting a couple months to move up there?
Thank you!
#4 of 5 Old 01-17-2013, 07:49 AM

Hi Sugarbear! It sounds like you have a lot of questions to work through. We do have a traveling homebirth midwife, but no birth center or hospital-based midwives in Williston.

I think your husband is probably right about a flood of people in the spring. Winter certainly scares some off. I'd be happy to chat if you have questions about the area.

Crysta

I am a NW Washington native living in Williston, ND, where I have been since 2005. My hubby and I have six children (his, hers, ours), are foster parents, and run two businesses from home, including www.cyberdoulas.com -- the birth doula business that is changing my life!

#5 of 5 Old 05-07-2013, 03:59 PM

Hi Crysta,

My husband and I moved here about six months ago, and we have recently found out we are expecting in December. I really want to see a midwife, but I've been having trouble finding any information about that in Williston. I came across an old thread on this site where you said you had information on midwives and natural childbirth options in Williston. I would really love to talk with you!

Thanks,

Brittany

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page