Moving to western ND, eastern MT - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 08-28-2012, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

we are currently living in WI, while hubby is working in Williston.  We are putting our house here up for sale and hoping to find something in MT.  Hubby says Richey/Sidney/Culbertson is where he  wants to be.  (I've not been there yet)

Anyway, just looking for info, or other natural mamas to connect with.  :)

Some things about us:  We are a homeschooling family, 3 girls ages 6, almost 3, and 7 months.  I enjoy sewing, hubby loves bluegrass music and classic rock, listening and playing. We would like to find a place in the country, raise our own food (we have chickens now) including a milk cow and our own beef.  Is there anywhere to shop for organic food?  a farm market?  bulk food store or coop?  we eat mostly organic, whole/real foods, and I'd like to continue to do so!  Also looking for a holistic chiropractor. 

Thanks!  Looking forward to meeting some new people!

#2 of 9 Old 08-29-2012, 02:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi! Lots of questions, where to start!

Are you on Facebook? There is a group there that I can add you to that will help you sort this all out. I'll pm you so we can friend and chat.

Welcome, in advance!

Crysta

I am a NW Washington native living in Williston, ND, where I have been since 2005. My hubby and I have six children (his, hers, ours), are foster parents, and run two businesses from home, including www.cyberdoulas.com -- the birth doula business that is changing my life!

#3 of 9 Old 09-09-2012, 02:44 PM

Hi there! Hubby has been working in Williston for a few months and just got me and the kids up here last week. Before then we lived in Texas where we had a small homestead. We had chickens and goats! We also homeschool and plan to have a homestead again someday but probably not here. We are focused on getting debt free right now.

I found a little health food store in Glendive, MT called Farm to Table.

I'd love to know if there is anything closer too.

BriasMommy - can you let me know the facebook group?

#4 of 9 Old 10-22-2012, 10:20 AM

Crysta can you tell me about the facebook group as well?  Also My source for good produce is http://www.bountifulbaskets.org/.  I know Sidney has a pickup for it and also Plentywood.  It is a good deal and I got my first basket last week.  Very pleased with it as a way of getting quality produce at reasonable prices.

Jennifer

#5 of 9 Old 01-17-2013, 07:58 AM

I think I got the info to the people wondering about the FB group, but for others, check out:

Crunchy Families of North Dakota : https://www.facebook.com/groups/252561641436624/

Williston Breastfeeding Support Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/274385982619091/

https://www.facebook.com/CyberDoulas

Good luck, and welcome to Williston!

I am a NW Washington native living in Williston, ND, where I have been since 2005. My hubby and I have six children (his, hers, ours), are foster parents, and run two businesses from home, including www.cyberdoulas.com -- the birth doula business that is changing my life!

#6 of 9 Old 02-16-2013, 08:26 PM

I need to rejoin the group smile.gif. I just went and tried again. We are working on getting a mortgage. My husband really likes his job there. So, just working on things. I need to find homeschoolers.

Dready Homeschooling Mom 

17 yob

14 yob

10 yob

4 yog

2 yob

#7 of 9 Old 02-16-2013, 10:04 PM

Hi Sandy! We can definitely help you connect with homeschoolers in the area. Good luck in your move!

#8 of 9 Old 07-29-2013, 05:59 PM

Could you please re post the fb link? This one is not working. 

#9 of 9 Old 08-08-2013, 12:04 AM

You might need to be added to the group?

We ended up in Miles City, MT.

Dready Homeschooling Mom 

17 yob

14 yob

10 yob

4 yog

2 yob

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page