moving to Bozeman - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-23-2013, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Howdy!

I'm a Montana native (Lewistown) and we have been living in Cali for a few years but I am looking forward to getting back closer to home this coming summer. We decided on Bozeman, and I am somewhat familiar with the area and have a couple of friends there. 

But I'd love to get to know other parents nearby with similar interests, or folks know something about the childbirth community there. We will probably begin trying for another baby when we get there and I'll be looking for a midwife and doula. I am currently about to start my own doula training, and hopefully a direct-entry midwifery program. So not only will I want a midwife for my own birth, but it would be great to contact someone who might want to be my preceptor. 

Do any of you have experience with the local midwives and doulas?

Cheers!

#2 of 3 Old 02-15-2013, 02:23 PM

I don't have any experience with Bozeman, but wanted to respond, so maybe someone will see your thread.  There is a great diaper store there for Gro-Via, and if I am remembering correctly they have a board there for local 'crunchy' goings-on. I'd bet you'll find some midwife or doula cards there!  

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

#3 of 3 Old 02-15-2013, 09:11 PM

Greetings and welcome home soon!  I live in Gardiner and have a 6 mo old little girl.  I did use a midwife in Bozeman and had a pretty bad experience.  Not into smearing, so feel free to email me for the story.  There's a strong mommy community there and the Natural Baby Store (where the Gro-vias are sold) is a great recource.  The co-op is as well.  https://www.bozo.coop/  There are two birth centers and a baby wearing group.  The library has lots going on, too.  I don't make it to town other than hellacious errand days so I miss lots of the fun stuff, but it'll be pretty easy to hook up with folks.  I can be reached at millsonthemountain@yahoo.com.  Easy moving days for you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page