The (hopefully) giant colossal North Dakota thread! - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-26-2007, 10:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
We were at Sertoma Park yesterday and Corbin was looking for Morgan. I tried telling him we'd see her tomorrow, but he still kept wandering around calling out "Morgan? Morgan?" It'll be nice to get those two together again.
That is too funny, he must have a great memory!

Pm'ing you directions, if you have any questions let me know I am not the best at giving directions

Oh and as for food, I have no requests but so we don't double, I have a meat/cheese tray (with buns and crackers), Chips and salsa and truffle brownies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2007, 11:06 AM

I'm bringing sausage cheeseballs and a veggie tray.

Corbin made me laugh!

See you all tonight! Oh, I told DH 6:30, but will probably be 6 since that will mean getting home earlier.

Mama to 2 year old and :: June 14th!
Old 09-26-2007, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

N/a
Old 09-27-2007, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

I have an old friend from Psychology class who I saw today for the first time since May. She had a baby during the summer (a boy) and I mentioned our group to her she sounded interested. She is from Kenya, very interesting, kind, and intelligent girl. I'd love for all of you to meet her at our next group hopefully. She's working and going to school though so I guess we'll see but, I was just so excited to see her and hear that her and baby are well. Last time I saw her she had went in to premature labor and had to go to the hospital to have it stopped but, managed to hold it off and was still coming to class occasionally to get notes from me and take tests. She was working really hard during her pregnancy so I was happy to hear she was okay. Anyway, I just wanted to chime in and say I'll be bringing a friend next time hopefully!
Old 10-01-2007, 06:12 PM

Thunderkitty - we ate the eggs you gave us and they were sooo good! I honestly have not been able to tell a difference between free-range eggs and regular ones from the grocery store, but the ones we got from you were definitely better. When are you going to be selling them? I want more!

Maggirayne - I saw you with your family yesterday afternoon at the library! I was just pulling out of the parking lot when I spotted you guys walking in, and I didn't catch your attention, but I'm 99% sure it was you.

Everyone ... should we pick a time/place for Bismarck meetings? How would Sunday afternoon work for everyone?

Also, the Bismarck Public Library booksale is Thurs-Sat, this weekend, at the library. I've been helping sort books and they have TONS of stuff. Lots of good kids books. Don't forget to check it out!
Old 10-02-2007, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Pookel, we have a dozen maybe two we could "let off our hands" if you want them! My mom is nagging me about a full fridge and I'm nagging her about a backpack (homework) keeping me from doing business. I have class until this afternoon, but after about 3 I should be available. I will PM you my phone # and you can call when you are available if you would like to pick some up. Otherwise, tomorrow I have the whole day off so anytime then I could bring some to you or meet you at some spot. Just let me know what's convenient! P.s. Thanks for the library reminder! I love going to those things, I'll have to stop over for it. (I'm an admitted book worm):
Old 10-02-2007, 10:19 PM

Hate to break up the conversation but I have a question. We are no-vaxers and I would like to know the vax laws in ND to cover my butt in case we would have an emergency room visit (God forbid) or something come up. Do you all know what these are and can you refer me to ND info about my and my child's rights? Thanks girls.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:22 PM

In the state of North Dakota, you have the option to opt out of vaxing by signing the Department of Health form either for religious, moral, or philosophical beliefs. I would say in the event that your child would end up in the emergency room, I would just have a copy of the form signed by you with you. Carry it in your purse with your insurance card. I am pretty sure that they can't turn you away for not vaxing. I think legally they would have to treat the child, but someone with more info can correct me on that.

This is not part of what you were asking, but is our story:
I didn't know very much about vaxing when my DS was born and he was fully vaxed until age 1 1/2. I have since stopped so when he went to school I gave them the vax form that showed what he had gotten and then signed the philosophical beliefs line so he is now exempt from having further vaccinations.

I have heard that Minot pediatricians won't take patients who are not vaxed after the age of 2. I haven't taken my son to the doctor in a while so I am not sure if this is the case for all the doctors or not, but if it is, I guess we will be doctoring in Bismarck or someplace. His current ped has never asked me asked me about vaxing so the subject has never come up.

Hope, check out my life at http://thethriftyqueenspeaks.com

Old 10-03-2007, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhow32000 View Post
Hate to break up the conversation but I have a question. We are no-vaxers and I would like to know the vax laws in ND to cover my butt in case we would have an emergency room visit (God forbid) or something come up. Do you all know what these are and can you refer me to ND info about my and my child's rights? Thanks girls.
I can actually say we've been there at least 3 times as we always seem to get sick when the hospital is closed. They've only asked us once if she was vaxed when we went in for stitches for her. I just lied to be honest with you and said as far as I knew she was because I was sure they would suggest it if I said otherwise. They didn't check on it or anything though so I wouldn't be concerned. When you go in to the ER they are more concerned with the actual situation then your past records, unless they are somehow relevant like in the cases of medical history (seizures, allergies, etc.) then they will need records. I would say don't worry about it. If you ever need to take DC in just do it don't let the vax issue be a reason not to get treatment. They have no legal rights to force you to do anything. There is a site that covers vax laws for each state here (the link for the state vax sheet is dead but, you can find it here now since they moved it) I can also tell you that the "best card in the deck" is the religious one, in case you didn't already know this. Why? Because if you ever choose to move to a state that doesn't have philosophical exemptions they could look back at ones records and see the change. Just another thing to ponder. Best of luck, hopefully you won't need to go to the ER anytime soon, but whether you do or don't, don't let it be a major concern. Know your rights and take a deep breathe/relax.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:37 AM

Yep, that was us you saw, Pookel! I forgot about the library sale, was going to go anyway, but thanks for the reminder.

Thunderkitty, I'd take three dozen. Shall we meet tomorrow afternoon at the library? Elisabeth has her 5 mo checkup at 2, so probably 3-3:30? I'll go to Cashwise and other way down south shopping. give me a call in the morning, I'll PM you my #.

Sunday afternoons are pretty slow here at our house, altho' w/hunting season, we'll be gone most of Nov. They could work for us.

Thanks for the info and questions about no-vaxing. I've never thought about carrying an exemption form with us, might be wise.

I really enjoyed our get-together last week. I'm looking forward to next time. Would anyone want to try meeting up at Papa's Pumpkin Patch? We went last weekend, that time is superbusy. Last year we went during the week, and it was cool. Thoughts?

Old 10-04-2007, 02:16 AM - Thread Starter

Maggirayne, I got your PM, I have school tomorrow, my busiest day, but I should be able to get over to the library by 3, I won't be able to get back on here tomorrow most likely but, I will try calling you over lunch or as soon as I get out of class (after 2) It appears 3 dozen will not be a problem. If you bring your own cartons I'll give you a discount if you don't that is fine too, I'll bring some with in case. But just so all you ladies know I will give a discount if you reuse the ones you have or the ones I give you because they're a wasted cost in my opinion and they are such a good thing to recycle/reuse. Anyway, I'll see you tomorrow Alyse!
Old 10-07-2007, 04:33 AM

I fully support the homebirth movement, 100%, but I'm wondering if that discussion can be made into a new thread because it makes it difficult to read through the posts to find other mamas in other areas, KWIM?

I'm in Hettinger, ND which is south of Dickinson, actually just north of the south dakota border. We moved here in mid-August. :
Old 10-07-2007, 04:35 AM

Maybe there are enough North Dakotans here that we could have ... ... multiple threads!!
Old 10-08-2007, 02:00 AM - Thread Starter

As far as the thread is concerned I certainly wont be offended if you guys go and start another jumbo ND thread I was originally just going to have this as an introductions thread for people to meet up with other like minded moms in their area because it seemed like we all kept missing each other by starting new threads instead of responding to each other, but when it turned into a chatting thread I didn't so much mind that either. Though, I will admit it is getting harder to load this puppy up lately! I don't know what I would do if I had dial up :
Old 10-08-2007, 07:30 PM

Hi!

It's been a little while since we got together. Thunderkitty thought the PaPa's Pumpkin Patch would be fun. So I'm suggesting this coming Saturday, the 13th, when they are having an event called, "Everything's Up in the Air." They are having JT Inflatables, Kites, Model Planes (all events are weather dependent?).

We could meet at either the Deck or at the toddler play area, since most of us have toddlers, around noon. I think I can even talk my DH into going, model airplanes, anyone?

So PM me if you're planning on coming, just so I know who to look for/expect!

Old 10-08-2007, 07:56 PM

Hi everyone! Just posting that Minot API meets tonight at 6:30.
Take care!

Sara - - PreK Teacher, Birth Doula, Wife to Shaun (8/13/05), Mama to Caleb (8/17/06), Chance (6/22/08), and Brielle (10/31/09) - - - winner.jpg

Old 10-09-2007, 03:09 AM

Oh, man! I work all day Saturday. : Although my schedule is 1-midnight, and I could probably get away with 2-midnight, so maybe I'll come with my husband and two cars and I'll go to work after we're done. Corbin went to the Pumpkin Patch with his grandma already, but I haven't gone yet this year. It sounds like fun.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggirayne View Post
Hi!

It's been a little while since we got together. Thunderkitty thought the PaPa's Pumpkin Patch would be fun. So I'm suggesting this coming Saturday, the 13th, when they are having an event called, "Everything's Up in the Air." They are having JT Inflatables, Kites, Model Planes (all events are weather dependent?).

We could meet at either the Deck or at the toddler play area, since most of us have toddlers, around noon. I think I can even talk my DH into going, model airplanes, anyone?

So PM me if you're planning on coming, just so I know who to look for/expect!
I haven't checked in here in awhile, but this is something that we would have loved to do. Unfortunately, I have a girl scout training that afternoon, so I won't be able to go. Hopefully we'll be able to attend the next get together.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:14 PM

I should be able to make it. DH is on call, but its 2nd call so he's less likely to get called in. Plus, its easy to just zip on down River Road to the ambulance station if he does get called in. I'll let you guys know once DH makes up his mind.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter

I'll plan on coming on Saturday. Noon should be fine for me. We haven't been there in a long time so it should interesting to see what they've added.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

I just wanted to post quick and say I found the site that has info about Story time @ Barnes and Noble here, I'm off to class now!
Old 10-16-2007, 01:08 PM

Hi all,

Well, when we got together Saturday at the Pumpkin Patch, we all liked the idea of getting together Sunday afternoon at the play area at Gateway Mall. I can't be there this time, we'll be out of town, so I'll leave up to you all who have naptimes to work with to figure a time. But if we try to make it a regular thing, 2 or 3 pm would be good for us.

Oh, and on a random thought/topic, I'm having a Pampered Chef party Oct. 25th at 7 pm, and don't have anyone's address, so if you're interested in coming, PM me please!

Old 10-16-2007, 06:51 PM

Hey, sorry I missed the get-together Saturday. My husband and I both had to work, and we just had time to hand the kids off to each other in between! Sunday at Gateway sounds cool, but alas, I'm working again. :/ Normally I'd say Sunday at 2 or 3 would be great, though. And I may be able to send my husband there without me this week.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:11 AM

Hey Bismarck mamas,

Just wondering if we are gonna have another get together at someone's house again? I can offer my house this time now that DH is almost done painting the dining room!!! I figure he'll actually have it done on Sunday, so then it will be onto the next project, which is basically just cleaning house. We entertain so rarely that I have a blast when we do.

I do have a dog and 3 cats, but as I recall, no one had allergy issues. Correct me if I am wrong about that...

Do we want to do a potluck thing again?? Cause I have no problem doing something like a spaghetti dinner with garlic bread...if you guys wanna bring salad, dessert, beverages...

We probably should plan it for early November instead of late due to the whole Thanksgiving holiday. Tuesday nights are out because of bowling...and November 9th is DS #2 birthday. Otherwise, it just depends on DH's work schedule, and he doesn't have his call schedule for November yet.

Let me know your thoughts....

Plus that way I can show you all my slings and what not, Alyse!!!
Old 10-20-2007, 12:53 PM

That sounds great, Wendy! Wednesdays are out for me. I don't know about the first Friday on the month, might work. Or Monday or, well, Thursday nights Kara has class, so not Thursday.

Old 10-21-2007, 01:04 AM

Alyse - I can't do the pampered party but I do want a baking stone. If you have a catalog I would love to make an order, lmk if that would work.

Just back from vacation, lots of unpacking and back to work monday, blah. I am sorry I missed the pumpkin patch. We are hioping to squeeze it in this week and hopefully they are not to picked out.

Have a great night all.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:26 AM

Sorry to say the Pumpkin Patch is closed for the year, today was the last day. I just heard this on the news. They said they got cleaned out early because of all the nice weather, so they don't even have enough pumpkins left to carve for the Pumpkin Parade that they usually have.

I got my husband's call schedule for November tonight...I think its a new record for him getting it this early. Usually we are lucky to get it even a week ahead of time. So I'll look it over and see what works....
Old 10-22-2007, 07:16 PM

Would anyone want to meet this coming Sunday afternoon at Gateway at 2 pm? We'll be in town.

Ndakkitten, sounds great to get together at your place next time. I'm excited already!

Morgansmum, I PMed you. And if anyone else would like a Pampered Chef catalog, just PM me!

Old 10-22-2007, 10:08 PM

Ok Bismarck gals...here are the days I am available for the next get together at my house!! I am putting down nights that DH is home and not on call, just cause its easier have an extra set of hands to cook and manage the kids!!

The days are: November 1, 3, 8, 12, 14, 17, 18, 20, 21, 27, 30.

Unless someone states otherwise, I will plan on doing the whole spaghetti thing. I will have meat-free spaghetti sauce and garlic bread with & w/o cheese. BTW, do any of you have folding chairs that you could bring? I have a table that I can put 2 leaves in & a card table, but I only have 6 chairs, an office chair and a highchair.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggirayne View Post
Would anyone want to meet this coming Sunday afternoon at Gateway at 2 pm? We'll be in town.
I can come on Sunday. DH and I have been wanting to go up to Gateway anyways. Vintner's Cellar just came out with some new wines and we've been anxious to sample them.

Wendy

User Tag List