The (hopefully) giant colossal North Dakota thread! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 903 Old 11-13-2007, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well I'm happier today after a good speech at school, maybe a little more clear headed about the Tora situation also. I think I'm going to give her old EI (early Intervention) teacher a call on her cell phone and ask her what my options are. She has her own classroom and Tora actually got a B-Day gift from her this year, she gets along awesome with Tora and knows how to get down to her level and bring her out of her shell. Hopefully it all works out for the better. (Like if she was willing to absorb her into her class!) I shot myself in a foot because I should have asked for her to be the teacher the first day when they chose.. I guess you live and you learn.
ndakkitten- I'm really happy for you! that sounds great, I'm also flattered that you would mention little ol' us in your clubs you belong to!: Who knows! Maybe you'll get asked about it now from them, if someone who reads it is interested. Free publicity!
Quote:
Oh and what should I bring tomorrow??????? I haven't any ideas
Are we supposed to bring something? Let me know if we are cuz' I'll make a 10 egg cake or something if so...I love cooking....and need to use up some eggs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#362 of 903 Old 11-13-2007, 03:38 PM

I am definitely not going to be able to make it tomorrow. There's no way I can get out of working. Have fun!
#363 of 903 Old 11-14-2007, 01:12 AM

Hi Ladies, I think we may have to bail for tomorrow. I picked Morgan up today and she has the nasty snotty, coughing cold that Maddie is trying to get over and I seemed to have picked up another bug, my head feels like it is going to explode and Dh is sick now too. I am thinking we may all take the day off tomorrow. I have been sick on and off since we returned from VK its awful. I don't want them to pass this on to everyone else. Sorry guys I am really bummed I going to miss another one - tiss the season for the sickies. I hope you have a great time.
#364 of 903 Old 11-14-2007, 02:40 AM

Bummed you aren't going to make it LeAnn...hope you feel better. I am really surprised Jason hasn't brought something home from preschool yet. Of course, he's also gotten lots better about washing his hands!!

As for what to bring Kara, a cake would be fine since I figured someone else could handle dessert!! Guess that leaves beverages for Alyse, unless you think of something else??

I can't remember if we set a certain time...should we plan on arriving anytime after 5 and eating around 6?? Like I said, I can be pretty flexible.

On a different note, has anyone heard of this new daycare - Perfect Start?? It sounds very interesting. I am going to be starting my daycare hunt soon...since I'll have to find someplace that has openings for 3 kids, provides transportation to Jason's preschool, and opens fairly early. I don't know if I will have clinicals right away the first semester, but if I do, some of them start at like 6:30. Blech, I hate mornings.
#365 of 903 Old 11-14-2007, 09:42 AM

Quote:
On a different note, has anyone heard of this new daycare - Perfect Start?? .
The gal that is opening the Perfect Start is very good friends with one of my co-workers. I hear she is wonderful and worked for childrens developemnt center prior to this endevor. I was looking into sending my kids there because she allowed the vax exception and was flexible with hours however she is further out of town than we are. She lives in Copper Ridge which is about mile further SE than I am. Morgan's bus won't go out that far, it was a real bummer.

Hey before you check out any daycare, ask me, I think I have interviewes half the avaliable daycares in the city -

I toured Super junior kids academy last week and it was a nice set up and they have hourly rates for Part-time which was nice and a multiple child discount. Expect Infants are a FT slot. I find this alot, there is such a demand for infant care people just sell FT slots and you take it or leave it, what a mess.

Anyhow, sorry again I can't be there. I was up all night between both kids and feel like a train reck. Hope you guys have a great time.
#366 of 903 Old 11-14-2007, 12:33 PM

Oh, man, too bad you two can't make it. Sure I can bring beverages. Tea and juice okay? Were you doing a salad? I had been thining of that, but hey, beverage are a lot less work, and I'm kinda busy today.

I'm making a European mount out of my deer skull myself, and I don't think I've done anything more gross, even fielddressing deer and butchering chickens.

Mama to 2 year old and :: June 14th!
#367 of 903 Old 11-14-2007, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

5 sounds fine to me, I'll make a cake...
#368 of 903 Old 11-14-2007, 01:35 PM

Quote:
I'm making a European mount out of my deer skull myself, and I don't think I've done anything more gross, even fielddressing deer and butchering chickens.
I have never seen anything like that before. Don't they just usually stuff and mount?

--------------------------------

Still bummed about not being able to make it. If you are short anything because of my absence I certainly can drop off a beverage or salad or something.
#369 of 903 Old 11-14-2007, 02:56 PM

Yeah, but asked if I wanted to and I'd rather do something with the money, for a headmount it costs around $300, and do it myself. So I'm not ordering the guy's kit, just boiling and scraping--yay for the Internet, you can find anything on here. I'm looking forward to someone saying, "Dh insisted on hanging his deer in the living room?" And saying, "No, that's mine." I really enjoy being different, but then it's usually subtle enough that is surprises people, which is really fun. I call myself a hippie-mama since I've found MDC.

My buck is comparable to the one in the photo in shape, no idea on size, but it was bigger than my FIL and BIL's bucks. Can't ask for more than that. But, it gives my SIL something to shoot for. Of course, she is the holder for the women's state elk, so. . .

We got 50 lbs processed, cut into steaks, roasts and cubed, I am so excited b/c all I have to do it pull it out of the freezer and thaw and it's ready to fix. I used my new Pampered Chef knife, so worth it! is worn out from processing, doesn't want to shoot his, but I am excited to have have meat with absolutely no growth hormones or antibiotics. He didn't even run much (40 yards), still had grass in his mouth, and he dropped pretty much instantly with one shot. (I'm not trying to brag, but that way is so much more humane than even the stock pens all over the state.)

ETA: I found Huggies Natural Care (no alcohol or scent) wipes at Big Lots, $8 for 400, in the two packs of 100 stacks. I didn't get them all, so I thought I let you all know. Holy cow! I'm almost convinced to go get the rest, even on Diapers.com they're $17! Okay, I'm not going to, three boxes should last a looonng time, but what a good price. I'm so pleased with myself!

#370 of 903 Old 11-14-2007, 03:58 PM

I grew up with my dad's prize buck mounted over the fireplace, so I wouldn't be surprised to see one in someone else's house. I think my parents still have it to this day, but my mother refuses to put it up anywhere in their new house! So its just collecting dust out in the garage.

I hadn't planned on a salad. DH is making a cheese ball, so I don't think we'll need it. Oh btw, don't forget, I have wine available to drink with dinner too!!!
#371 of 903 Old 11-14-2007, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndakkitten View Post
don't forget, I have wine available to drink with dinner too!!!
You just made my day! I haven't had a glass since....Saturday... it feels like forever! I usually only have about a glass a month though so obviously I don't drink frequently.
#372 of 903 Old 11-14-2007, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggirayne View Post
Whoa, you hunt? That's cool. I'm not into hunting myself, but I'm impressed!
#373 of 903 Old 11-15-2007, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

I thought some of you may be interested to know that based on what this page says Ruby Tuesday will be opening Dec. 5th...ignore the rest of the ad though, I was just searching for the Ruby Tuesday info....I don't have a comment on the Hooters half.....
#374 of 903 Old 11-15-2007, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
But, it gives my SIL something to shoot for. Of course, she is the holder for the women's state elk, so. . .
That's amazing!

Quote:
We got 50 lbs processed, cut into steaks, roasts and cubed, I am so excited b/c all I have to do it pull it out of the freezer and thaw and it's ready to fix. I am excited to have have meat with absolutely no growth hormones or antibiotics. He didn't even run much (40 yards), still had grass in his mouth, and he dropped pretty much instantly with one shot. (I'm not trying to brag, but that way is so much more humane than even the stock pens all over the state.)
I wanted to tell you I'm strongly in agreement about this, Hunting for food is much more humane than going to the store for steak or ground meat though a lot of people aren't aware of this. And the content (or lack there of hormones, etc.) is also a huge plus. I thinks it's just awesome how you get out there and do hunting yourself, I just never would have guessed in first meeting you that you did this kind of stuff, so cool. Maybe you'll be an inspiration for me to get licensed next year and start hunting.....
#375 of 903 Old 11-15-2007, 04:10 PM

Quote:
I just never would have guessed in first meeting you that you did this kind of stuff
Me either Kara! I could not picture little Alyse with a Riffle until I saw the pics with my own eyes

How was dinner everyone? Did you have a good turn out? Any idea next meeting. I am open Sunday if the girls feel better if anyone is looking to do the play area at gateway again. Is there anything going on at the library, I would really like to take the girls there and get Morgan a library card.

Have you guys checked out the 'holiday helper' thread in the trading post? It is a really great cause MDC mamas helping other MDC mama's this holiday. I watched the thread last year and decided to get involved this year. I am sending a couple of packages this weekend.

Today is Maddie's Birthday! I can't believe she is one year old today, crazy, where did the year go.

Have a great day!
#376 of 903 Old 11-15-2007, 04:45 PM

Kara - Are you still doing eggs? Do you have any? Everytime I go to buy the free range eggs at Cashwise they are always out. - I have cartons and can pick them up too LMK Thanks
#377 of 903 Old 11-15-2007, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgansmum View Post
Me either Kara! I could not picture little Alyse with a Riffle until I saw the pics with my own eyes
We missed you both for supper. I had a friend from MOPS who CDs and slings, no-vax, no circ. So that was exciting.

Heehee! It so fun telling people I hunt! I'll have to get some photos to show you all, they're all in FIL's digital and he's gone for a week, so I won't get them for a bit.

Go for it, esp. if your folks have some land; we'll have to visit more about it. I'll help with the processing, it can be hard work, but fun if you're not by yourself. It's something both and I enjoy--just being out, seeing one walk up to you, had two bucks within 50 yards, curious about us, and practically stumbled on a decent buck and four does, that is just amazing. And we had a flock of snow geese fly over, must have been at least a thousand, it was amazing! They were so loud we couldn't hear each other, talking softly so as not to spook my buck (we were walking up to a hill overlooking him, my SIL was on a hill further away and had seen him walk down to the corner of the field.

I'll be in town this weekend, so I'll plan on being there at Gateway. Seems like the library has a schedule on their website, I found this on their website; it could be fun: "Sing along with the "Ol Pals" at Family Night, November 19, 7:00 pm in public Meeting Room A, Open to everyone, there will be door prizes."

I finally have checked out the 'holiday helper' thread. I kept wondering what it meant in people's sigs! Silly me It is really neat. I now I've got sleepers to get rid of, I never even used sleepers, too much work IMO.

Happy Birthday to Maddie, I hope you all have fun. She's a cutie.

Kara, thanks for the article, Hooters' a family place? : Not IMO. Where do they get enough people to work, or what are they paying them??

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkitty View Post
I wanted to tell you I'm strongly in agreement about this,
Thank you, I didn't want to offend you, since you have been vegetarian.

#378 of 903 Old 11-15-2007, 10:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I didn't want to offend you, since you have been vegetarian.
Far from! When I went veg it was because I was offended by the factory farms, certainly not hunting. They have gotten way out of hand and they ruin the family farms who try to do things the "right" way (respectful to the animals).I try to buy the best quality I can (afford) now that I'm an omnivore again for this reason. I respect people who know where their food comes from.

Morgansmum- Eggs are available! Just let me know when it would work for you and I can deliver or meet you. Happy Birthday to Maddie too!:
#379 of 903 Old 11-16-2007, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Morgansmum- Eggs are available! Just let me know when it would work for you and I can deliver or meet you. Happy Birthday to Maddie too!
Thanks Kara, will you be there Sunday by chance, that may work!

Quote:
I finally have checked out the 'holiday helper' thread. I kept wondering what it meant in people's sigs! Silly me It is really neat. I now I've got sleepers to get rid of, I never even used sleepers, too much work IMO.
If you have some stuff to send and can't cover postage, i can certainly add some things to the people I am sending to if you like, LMK

Gateway at 2pm again? Can we possibly do closer to 1pm? Morgan is so crabby if she can't have a short nap this way she can nap from 4-5 or so. She won't nap early afternoon so I though I would see if that may work for some.

Thanks for the library site, off to see what they have. The Monday thing sounds fun but so close to Morgan's bedtime and she has school the next morning I fear it would be to late for her - I am going to see if they have any weekend stuff maybe.
#380 of 903 Old 11-16-2007, 12:31 AM

Sure, I can come earlier, we usually do early church, just have to have lunch early. I take my time some Sundays. I'm slow cooking stuff.

ETA: ILs will be in town so we'll be doing stuff w/them. They might insist on taking me out for my B-day, :

#381 of 903 Old 11-16-2007, 02:32 AM

What about storytime at the library? I *think* the toddler one is at 10:30 Tuesday mornings (or is it Thursday?). Corbin enjoyed the one we went to, although, let's just say he's not good at sitting quietly and listening. (Yes, my child was the one who jumped up and yelled "read a different book!" )
#382 of 903 Old 11-16-2007, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgansmum View Post
Thanks Kara, will you be there Sunday by chance, that may work!
I will write myself a big note to try to aid myself in remembering, otherwise I have no reason why I can't come so that should work.

Happy Birthday to you too Alyse!:
#383 of 903 Old 11-16-2007, 01:27 PM

I think 1 would be better for us too...Nathan doesn't often take a nap, but usually will get cranky closer to 2 if he needs one.

The discussion about hunting gave me a funny image...I grew up hunting with my dad on our land (and we have lots of it). He keeps it posted, so it usually has lots of deer. Can you picture all of us getting our licenses and having a "Mothering" hunting trip? That would really throw my dad for a loop!!!

I think dinner went quite well. I am still amazed how well Tora did. Jason does always try to make sure everyone is included. Plus, I think the kittens helped too!! I have your bowl, Alyse....and your cake & pan, Kara. If you want, I can bring those on Sunday.
#384 of 903 Old 11-16-2007, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndakkitten View Post
I think 1 would be better for us too...Nathan doesn't often take a nap, but usually will get cranky closer to 2 if he needs one.

The discussion about hunting gave me a funny image...I grew up hunting with my dad on our land (and we have lots of it). He keeps it posted, so it usually has lots of deer. Can you picture all of us getting our licenses and having a "Mothering" hunting trip? That would really throw my dad for a loop!!!

I think dinner went quite well. I am still amazed how well Tora did. Jason does always try to make sure everyone is included. Plus, I think the kittens helped too!! I have your bowl, Alyse....and your cake & pan, Kara. If you want, I can bring those on Sunday.
Mothering hunting trip, how fun that would be. The cake is yours if you want it, as a present for having us over, otherwise you are welcome to bring it or just the pan on Sunday to the group for me to take home. Tora has been talking about Jason still so I guess she really did had a good time, how rare. I'm really glad she opened up to him.
#385 of 903 Old 11-16-2007, 02:00 PM

Quote:
ETA: ILs will be in town so we'll be doing stuff w/them. They might insist on taking me out for my B-day,
Oh no, does that mean you can't come. I hope they take you out somewhere nice

: Happy Birthday, it's saturday right? today is Dh's birthday and i don't think you guys were the same day.

Quote:
(Yes, my child was the one who jumped up and yelled "read a different book!" )
That is way too funny. Morgan doesn't sit well for stories, she likes to tell them, yell them, sing them but sitting still for them, not so much

We will plan to be there Sunday at 1pm -- the girls are feeling better as am I. It will be good to get abck in the swing of things we haven't done much in the last month or so due to being sick.

Kara - Do I bring you cartons or do you have some? LMK Thanks
#386 of 903 Old 11-16-2007, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

If you have cartons I'm always in need, otherwise I believe I have about 3 cartons left right now. Also, I forgot to ask how many you want? As a note I can accommodate quite a few folks right now if you know any other people that want any.
#387 of 903 Old 11-16-2007, 02:40 PM

I think I have 1 or 2 cartons. I keep forgetting to save them -- I do have a gal at work here that may be interested. What is the cost per dozen and I will check with her. Oh and I will take 2 dozen if you have it :
#388 of 903 Old 11-16-2007, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

I certainly do have 2 dozen, they are $3 and that includes delivery.
#389 of 903 Old 11-16-2007, 04:35 PM

Kara - I have a gal at work that will take 3 dozen also if you have that. She has cartons she can bring me next week. Let me know if you can do that
#390 of 903 Old 11-16-2007, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

I can't imagine we wouldn't have that many, that should work fine for us.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page