The (hopefully) giant colossal North Dakota thread! - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-07-2007, 04:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I'm finally done with my class!! Missed a couple of assignments though while I wasn't feeling well, so I think I missed a B by just a few points!!:
Oh well, its over so now I can concentrate on fun things like Xmas shopping!

Went shopping while Jason was in preschool on Tuesday and found some cool presents at Family Dollar. I was amazed...they had a "Cars" twin sheet set for $15 and a matching comforter for $18.75....I snatched them up right away. Jason's room is currently a "Cars" theme, so I'd planned to get him sheets, but not a comforter cause I never thought I'd find one that cheap!! Even on sale at JCPenney it was still almost $40!

Plus I found him a tabletop easel to draw and paint on to help with his fine motor skills...he's having troubles with that in school. It's amazing the difference between kids...Jason is almost 5 and just can't seem to grasp the concept of holding a pencil, whereas Nathan just turned 3 and picks it up the right way as soon as he sits down.

So now I gotta shop for Nathan & Lizzie...oh, and decorate our Xmas tree!! I love Xmas season because its just so much fun to watch the kids.

So are we having a "hot tub" party on Sunday?? Cause if we are, I am sooooo in...I've been complaining to Tim for weeks that all I want to do is go soak in a hot tub. I haven't had a good soak in years because I always seem to be pregnant when we stay somewhere that has one, so I can't stay in as long as I like!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2007, 08:35 PM

Cool, I love finding presents for people that are way cheaper. My mom and I joke about it, "I got you ___. Gues what I paid for it?" "Fifty cents?" "Naw, a dime." "Too much!" It's very satisfying to get things cheaper, for me anyway. Like my freezer, that is already almost full. :

So, are we inviting all of ourselves over to your place Sunday? Not if you're sick. Are you better? If you're in today and check this before going home, stop by for boxes.

My MOPS group is having a fundraiser pancake breakfast, but they're having a tables for Arbonne, Once Upon a Family, etc, tomorrow 9-12 at Grace Lutheran Brethren Church. I'm not trying to make a sales pitch, but we're going, and so is Ruby, who came to your house, Ndakkitten. I thought I just say, hey, we could all go to something fun and get together.

Mama to 2 year old and :: June 14th!
Old 12-08-2007, 02:00 AM

Quote:
So, are we inviting all of ourselves over to your place Sunday? Not if you're sick. Are you better? If you're in today and check this before going home, stop by for boxes.

I am still kind of icky feeling, not sure what it is. I was think food poisoning but I am not quite sure. Hopefully it will go away. It seems to be lingering : -- sorry I didn't stop by it was terribly busy at work today and then I met DH to do groceries and some Christmas shopping and we just got home, it's been crazy busy. So maybe if we get together Sunday you can bring them. I got two packages out Wednesday but I have two more yet. So who is going to watch the kids while we are all out in the hot tub, LOL - We will have to go in shifts! It is so nice while your in it but I tell you, getting out is no fun, LOL.

I will touch base Saturday again. I do feel a little icky but it's not anything contagious I have just been eating garbage all week because we have been busy and I think it caught up with me.

okay off to sleep, tomorrow is swimming lessons, pasport photos, more shopping and lunch with friends. Pancake breakfast sounds good but we would have to come after swimming at 11am not sure if i can hold kids off that long. Is that the breakfast with Santa thing?
Old 12-08-2007, 04:21 AM

Ya know LeeAnn, that sounds like what our family had around Thanksgiving. I felt horrible until I cut out the carbs & yeast & took some acidophilus tabs for a few days. Then I was right as rain after only like a day and a half. Might be worth a shot.

Up to DH if we come on Sunday...big football game on TV that day...I know he won't go anywhere that he can't watch it

Grace Lutheran, huh? That's just around the corner from me, isn't it? See if I can convince DH to get out of bed for that!
Old 12-09-2007, 02:00 AM

Well today was good seemed to be getting back to normal.

People are more than welcome to come out but Morgan does have a cold with runny nose and a bit of cough. If your not prepared to brave a cold though it may not be worth the chance so I thought I would let you all know.

Alyse - I picked up some priority boxes from USPS today but not sure if they are going to work. If not I would still love the boxes. How's Monday look for you? I can't see paying $5 for a plain box from the store, .

Kara - I can pick eggs up next week or we can meet if we all don't get together tomorrow, just let me know what works for you! I want to make quiche on Wednesday and I am all out of eggs

Ok, need to wrap some stuff and get to bed, Chat Later!
Old 12-09-2007, 02:10 AM

Hmm, not too sure I want to brave a cold, she's not gotten sick yet and has been grouchy with teething.

I don't think so, sorry. Does anyone want to go to Gateway, or what is everyone else planning?

Old 12-09-2007, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

Are we meeting today? I've been out of the loop...
P.s. Boxes can be collected for free from Dan's Supermarket, they have openings that can be taped. They keep them (at the north location) on the west side of the building in a kennel one can reach in and pick em up. I've used them every time I move as it's free and the boxes are decent size (fruit/veg boxes) just thought you all may like to know!
Old 12-09-2007, 04:52 PM

I'm not going to Gateway today. Making lunch now.

Old 12-09-2007, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Are we meeting today? I've been out of the loop...
We are hanging at home today. Morgan does have a little cold, I think she picked up after our Friday night Christmas shopping at kirkwood. Got to love cold season.

Quote:
P.s. Boxes can be collected for free from Dan's Supermarket, they have openings that can be taped. They keep them (at the north location) on the west side of the building in a kennel one can reach in and pick em up. I've used them every time I move as it's free and the boxes are decent size (fruit/veg boxes) just thought you all may like to know!
Thanks for the tip, I did fit both in the priority boxes from USPS. I figured I am cutting it close to Christmas I better mail them out priority anyhow

Let me know what would be good for you for an egg pick up/ drop off, I know you have a busy schedule so just let me know.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgansmum View Post
Let me know what would be good for you for an egg pick up/ drop off, I know you have a busy schedule so just let me know.
I have finals spread out up until Friday, when this "cord" is finally cut (at least until January.)Anyway, I have to get Tora to school and then I have a final monday 10:00 (tomorrow) morning, but probably by or shortly after lunch I will be done with school for the day. So, anytime after that I could deliver the eggs or meet you if that is more convenient. Tuesday would likely also be a possibility, my test is at 12:30 that day so before or a couple hours after that I'm available, Wednesday I have nothing, Thursday I have an evening test... these tests shouldn't last more then a couple of hours and so I'm basically available every day. I'll PM you my phone # as I'm going to head back out to my moms now to study and she has no internet, but I'll check this again tomorrow, and if you want to call me to figure out a time for both of us thats fine too, thanks for your patience.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:36 PM

Monday and Wednesdays are out for me because Dh works those evenings. Tuesday after work would be good, I could, meet, pick up or you can come here, which ever is easiest. Thursday I have an evening appointment and Friday evening, same as Tuesday, pick up meet, drop off etc. anything works.

Ok I just realized you pm'd your number, LOL -- I will call you later if i don't hear back from you. Need to put Maddie down and start some laundry, fun, fun.

Have a great day!
Old 12-10-2007, 04:33 PM

Whoa..where the heck did all the ND moms come from?

Um, who all still posts here from the Fargo area? Have a few questions about LLL, and other such stuff.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter

LeeAnn- I have your eggs ready, if you want you can call me when you're ready to get them from me and I can bring them to you wherever works for you, I don't have your number so I'll just stay on here and wait with my phone.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:09 PM

Hi Kara,

Anytime before 5 pm today works for me, I am on the north end of town. Except I don't have cartons with me at work.

LMK
Old 12-11-2007, 06:10 PM

Sorry I wrote your number down at home but don't have it here at work or I would have called you insted

I need to get back to work, but you can call me here. You know where I work, I'm listed and extension is 103
Old 12-14-2007, 09:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I'm in the Fargo area. I don't post much, just watch, so you probably won't have seen me. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have and if I don't know the answer I can easily find out.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:55 AM

I was mostly just curious as to the atmosphere at the LLL meetings, and if they're well attended. I'm 22 1/2 weeks pg with my 3rd, and there wasn't any such thing back when I first bf'd, and I'd really like the chance with this one(my last child) to do things like attend meetings, maybe find some crunchy type playgroups, etc.

And the bonus of finding someone else who CD'd in the area would be nice. Anyone that could understand how and why I basically have a full 0-1 year(maybe even longer) stash already would be a great friend.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:42 AM

The LLL is pretty well attended and kept up with, last I heard. I never seem to make it to meetings, but know several people who do. You should try the moms and dads club. It's a yahoo group that has a bunch of parents that are exactly what you just described. Lots of the parents cloth diaper, all are crunchy to varying degrees, and they have playgroups once a week plus moms night out get togethers, book club meetings, etc. Just google yahoo groups and type in momsanddadsclub in yahoo's search engine and it should take you right to it.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:46 PM

Thank you! I just joined the group.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:22 PM

Glad to help!
Old 12-16-2007, 12:01 AM

Who wants to do Gateway play area tomorrow around 1:00?
Old 12-16-2007, 12:24 AM

I'm planning on coming. Providing I get lunch done a little earlier than last week!

Old 12-16-2007, 01:16 PM

I plan on being there as long as my oldest feels better. He just wasn't himself last night, but couldn't tell me exactly what was wrong. So far this morning he seems better.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:46 PM

Well, Jason had his first Christmas program last night with his preschool. He did okay considering his head cold. But leave it to DS....he decided to "flash" everyone during a break between songs by lifting up his shirt and swinging side to side. He's just been in his own little world lately..

Also had DH's company Xmas party on Monday. It was so nice to go out and have fun and not worry about the kids. I can't remember if DH and I have been out that late since we've been married. I highly doubt it. Thanks again Kara, for babysitting!!!

Oh, and FYI, I got my class schedule for next semester. I have class from 1-3 pm T & TH, and 1-5 pm W. So pretty easy to work around as far as our meetings go. Oh, and of course DH & I still have bowling on T eves. We still need to have a hot tub party @ LeeAnn's!!!!
Old 12-19-2007, 05:34 PM

I won't be around this Sunday for Gateway.

I'm so excited your schedules are meshing so great, daycare, eeek!
So was he flashing just his tummy? I think that's not as gross as standing up there picking his nose or scratching his bum.

Old 12-19-2007, 11:24 PM

Yeah, just flashing his tummy & chest. Nothing big, but still, its like "Oh my gosh" cause it was in church in front of a huge crowd of parents/grandparents after all!!! I thought it was cute. It was much better than the two sisters who were trying to pull each other's hair and whatnot!!!
Old 12-27-2007, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

What have all of you ladies been up to? It seems to have hit a quiet spot here...is anyone planning to try another meeting soon? I start school again on the 7th, so it would be nice to see everyone again before that.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:31 PM

I was wondering about meeting at Gateway at least this Sunday. I know Pookel's got family 'til New Year's. On the 2nd I've got my best friend from college coming til the weekend. So, that ties me up after the 2nd. Maybe something before then? I'd love to have everyone over, but no room for kids to play in my apt.

Old 12-28-2007, 03:43 AM

I too, start school on the 7th, and have family coming from the 5th thru the 14th.

So probably too busy to have another get together before then..honestly, I think I am going to be up to my neck in paperwork and housework for the next week just trying to get everything ready for school and company!!!
Old 01-06-2008, 03:10 AM

Anyone up for tomorrow (Sunday Jan. 6) at Gateway? I think we'll plan on being there at 1:00 if anyone else can come, or maybe even if you guys can't. Corbin has a lot of fun there (although last time he was traumatized by this TINY little girl, like 18 months old at most, pushing him off the truck).

User Tag List