Need "natural" ped in Bozeman MT - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-02-2008, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My good friend is settling in Bozeman as we speak. : Wish I was there too. She has no internet access right now so I'm posting for her.
She needs a ped who's more "natural" minded quick. Her ds had hernia surgery before they left their old state. She's a bit concerned about his incision and the way it's healing. But she doesn't want to just play Dr. roulette and pick one out of the phone book. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 09-04-2008, 12:10 PM

I don't know any peds in town but Breanna McElguinn is an excellent naturopath and she can do pretty much all the pediatrician stuff. Anyway, your friend could call her and get a rec I am sure.

SHout out to Dr. Collette Kirchoff who is one brillant gp and just an awesome person. She does the ob gyn end if your friend should need that.
#3 of 7 Old 09-06-2008, 02:15 AM

We also use Dr. Breanna. We love her, she is great with kids and is just a sweetheart.
#4 of 7 Old 09-26-2008, 10:56 AM

Thanks for the information for the ped's. And thanks milkmommie for filling in for me while I was visiting the stone ages of times with no internet!

I'm going to try dr. Kirchoff since dh will want a "dr" over a naturopath for our kids.

Thanks again!
#5 of 7 Old 09-26-2008, 12:03 PM

Just an fyi for your dh, njmom, a naturopath is a doctor, and indeed has the exact training in anatomy, etc. They just have the additional training for naturopathy.

If you want to stay away from abx and keep your children healthy naturally AND have someone who actually listens to you, Dr. Breanna is awesome. IMO. Unless your child has an underlying cdx that requires frequent medical care or hospitilization, naturopaths etc are the way to go.

My friend had a child with allergies, severe and went thru sheer hell with the peds in town, went to a naturopath and the allergies were gone...with no invasive testing,e tc.

Your dh should do some research, it's pretty interesting...Okay off the soapbox, welcome to town, enjoy!
#6 of 7 Old 10-01-2008, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMUM View Post
Just an fyi for your dh, njmom, a naturopath is a doctor, and indeed has the exact training in anatomy, etc. They just have the additional training for naturopathy.

If you want to stay away from abx and keep your children healthy naturally AND have someone who actually listens to you, Dr. Breanna is awesome. IMO. Unless your child has an underlying cdx that requires frequent medical care or hospitilization, naturopaths etc are the way to go.

My friend had a child with allergies, severe and went thru sheer hell with the peds in town, went to a naturopath and the allergies were gone...with no invasive testing,e tc.

Your dh should do some research, it's pretty interesting...Okay off the soapbox, welcome to town, enjoy!
Thanks for the info SMUM. I can try to get dh to do research, but sometimes he's a stickler on certain things. Quite mainstream and having a difficult time with me: extended bf, cloth diapering, homeschooling...etc. I'm really pushing him to dig deep inside of himself, . But....I will see if our insurance will cover Dr. Breanna and also if she's taking new patients. My 7 yo ds has extensive severe food allergies as well as asthma, maybe she will be someone that could actaully help us without pumping him full of meds on a daily basis!

Thanks again!
#7 of 7 Old 10-01-2008, 02:43 PM

He can also look up info on google, etc. and I am sure any naturopath would be happy to discuss his preconceptions and open up his vistas...
Good luck with the health issues and enjoy this weather while it lasts .....

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page