Sierra Vista? Bisbee? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-20-2008, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My husband & I & our 8-month-old might be relocating to the Sierra Vista area. Anyone out there living in that area now? We've read about Bisbee, and it looks like an interesting place to live. Can anyone give me any info on these areas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2008, 07:13 PM

i love, love love bisbee... but i live in chandler... no where near there... it's a small town, very friendly and most of the shops are family owned (so you don't get walmart on every corner). i've been there a few times and there is nothing i don't like about it.. plus many of the stores are pet friendly
Old 12-02-2008, 06:35 PM

Bisbee is totally awesome! I go there on weekends sometimes, it's nice just to walk around and visit galleries and antique shops... The scenery is gorgeous there!

We're on Fort Huachuca in Sierra Vista. Sierra Vista is pretty much the corporate hub in this area-- There's a Wal Mart, Target, K Mart, all that (we did just get a new health food store though!) For a lot of the nicer stuff you have to make the drive to Tucson, which is about an hour and a half drive.

I'm a modifiedartist.gif DH is a reading.gif we have 2 angel.gifs, and DS is a rainbow1284.gif baby.gif
Old 12-03-2008, 05:37 PM

Bisbee is awesome awesome awesome.......but it's hard to make a living there and can be expensive to live there. At least it is for us, perhaps it would be different for you guys.

SV and Huachuca City are your typical smaller towns frontierpsych mentioned. I would love to check out their new health food store at some point. There's some great midwives in the area and a naturopath as well, a LLL too I believe.

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

Old 12-09-2008, 10:43 PM

yup, sv has lll and several hb midwives.

I'm a modifiedartist.gif DH is a reading.gif we have 2 angel.gifs, and DS is a rainbow1284.gif baby.gif

User Tag List