ND/ped in Flagstaff - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-01-2009, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good ND pediatric in Flagstaff? Or alternately a like-minded MD? We don't have any insurance and I don't know if we'll qualify for ACHSS (not sure if I got the letters right there!) yet. Also will need possibly a kids dentist and a family or adult practitioner for Dylan and I. We'll be moving to Flag in June and would like Adrian to have his 3-year check-up once we get there so we can get established with a ped right away, but I don't have any idea!

Thanks!
Aileah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2009, 03:07 PM

we see Shanna Terrel for a nd and nina souders at north country for our ped. i really like both of them, but of course prefer the nd. however, our ped is very smart, doesnt hassle me about vax, nursed her 4 your old until she was 2. she is not pro-circ but i dont think she is very knowledgeable in retraction of young boys. she told me they need to retract by 2. but im working on an info packet that will hopefully change her mind.

Old 04-12-2009, 02:21 AM

Hi There and welcome-to-be to Flagstaff! My ND is Mary Poore (in Shauna Terrell's same office, she's great too) and for certain things (like sports injuries and IVs) I see her husband, Mark James (ND, same office). They are wonderful! Mary has been my ND and Gyn since 1992, she's an angel. She is also who I consult for the kids if needed.

Our pediatrician for well-checks is Laurie Brown at Mountainview Pediatrics. She doesn't mind that we don't vaccinate and supports our choice to eat a gluten-free diet without MD-type evidence that my son needs that. She's a genuinely kind-hearted person.

My husband's MD is Brad Frank. He doesn't give my hubby too hard of a time for our herbal and alternative medicine ways.

My insurance covers MDs, not NDs, so that part's out of pocket for us.

I hope that helps.

Blessings

User Tag List