HELP! Which hospitals in SLC allow VBACs? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-23-2009, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My sister is 36 weeks pregnant and driving across the country. She's about 5 hours away from SLC (coming to visit me on her way to moving to MN) and her water just broke. She is not having contractions, and this will be her 3rd baby. 1st was a c-section, 2nd was a successful VBAC after 36 hours of labor. My homebirth midwives said they would check her out once they got here, but it's looking like she's probably going to be giving birth here. Which hospitals allow VBACs? I've heard of midwife Danielle, should I call her (my sister wants a midwife in a hospital)? Please help!

Mama to my little social butterfly 6/13/09

#2 of 6 Old 04-23-2009, 01:33 PM

A lot of SLC hospitals allow VBAC. LDS, University, Jordan Valley, SL Regional, St. Marks. I'm not sure about the new IMC in Murray, but I think it does. I had my last baby at University Hosp, and although it was an emergency c/s the care was great. I've heard Jordan Valley, LDS, and St Marks are all great hospitals, but I don't know if there are any midwives at Jordan Valley. There is a group of midwives at IMC I believe. My sister will be delivering there with Julie Jones.

Kara mommy to Jason 9/27/04 ribboncesarean.gif, Jacob 6/1/06 vbac.gif, Nathan 11/13/08 ribboncesarean.gif, and twin boys Isaac and Caleb born 1/10/11 vbac.gif
#3 of 6 Old 04-24-2009, 04:28 PM

How did things go?

Kara mommy to Jason 9/27/04 ribboncesarean.gif, Jacob 6/1/06 vbac.gif, Nathan 11/13/08 ribboncesarean.gif, and twin boys Isaac and Caleb born 1/10/11 vbac.gif
#4 of 6 Old 04-24-2009, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! We ended up at University and she had a successful, unmedicated VBAC and mom and baby are doing great!

Mama to my little social butterfly 6/13/09

#5 of 6 Old 04-24-2009, 08:32 PM

Congrats to your sister! Glad everything went well

#6 of 6 Old 04-26-2009, 04:11 PM

That's great news! Congrats to your sister!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page