Pediatrician recommendations please! :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-27-2009, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone know any good pediatricians in the East valley? I live in Chandler but anywhere in a 20 minute radius would be ok. I'm not picky on male/female. Any ideas? TIA!!!!!

J&M parenting our little breast-feeding, co-sleeping, moby-riding sleepytime.gif since July '09! Added a baby.gif brother in March '12!

#2 of 6 Old 04-27-2009, 10:39 PM

I really like Dr. Piacentine at Mesa Pediatrics. I'm not crazy about any of the other doctors there as they are quick to pass out antibiotics and push vaxes but, Dr. Piacentine seems to really appreciate the fact that we don't give antibiotics unless absolutely necessary and he doesn't question us about vaxes. He's very AP in his approach.

The only negative I can think of about him is that he does pass out parenting advice but, you can take it or leave it.
#3 of 6 Old 04-28-2009, 01:15 PM

Dr. Sudha at Gateway Pediatrics in Chandler is my ped. I love her! She's an LC and is very pro-breastfeeding and allows for delayed./seletive vaxing with no questions asked.
#4 of 6 Old 04-29-2009, 02:13 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses so far, I am going to have to set up a few interviews!

J&M parenting our little breast-feeding, co-sleeping, moby-riding sleepytime.gif since July '09! Added a baby.gif brother in March '12!

#5 of 6 Old 05-09-2009, 04:12 PM

We go to Gilbert Pediatrics. The one we go to is at Greenfield and Baseline, but there's another one (south of there, I think). We see Melani, the NP.

We go there because my NMD said they are okay with non-vaxing. I have only seen Melani, and have no personal experience with any of the other docs. She hasn't lectured us about not vaxing.

I usually take my kids to our NMD. I just take them to the ped for well checks.
#6 of 6 Old 05-20-2009, 09:53 PM

Dr. Sudha is only accepting newborn patients (which works for the OP), seen immediately after birth. Our baby is now 8 weeks old so we were unable to be seen by Dr. Sudha.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page