What to do in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-04-2009, 03:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm in Scottsdale for most of the week with my husband's work. I am looking for suggestions on what there is to do here that is inexpensive and fun for a wee toddler. We like parks, jogs, toy stores, you name it and we're staying near Scottsdale rd and Indian School rd. My evenings are full but daytime is empty. I appreciate your help. Sorry for posting in multiple locations but we are in serious search of fun. Thanks!

J+B = Little G (1/08) and baby S (1/10)
#2 of 4 Old 05-06-2009, 01:44 AM

The McCormick Stillman Railroad Park is not far from there.
http://www.therailroadpark.com/index1.html

Enjoy your trip.

Victoria, natural childbirth educator and certified labor doula
#3 of 4 Old 05-06-2009, 03:33 AM

the fashion mall downtown Scottsdale has a great 3rd floor as you walk out by Nordstroms- there is a play area and then all the typical kids' stores in a row - Gymboree, Childrens Place, Disney, etc...even a puppy pet shop down the way. If it is hot it'd be a nice place for a stroll.

We went to Desert Ridge Shopping center today which was past Scottsdale- it was ok but had a nice fountain area for the children. Not sure how close that'd be for you (we just moved here to AZ in December and I'm not the best at directions).

A little pricier options would be the zoo or the Arizona Museum for Youth in Mesa (AMY).

I hope you are finding something - there is so much!
#4 of 4 Old 05-06-2009, 03:55 AM

where you are is very close to wildflower diapers, the local cloth diaper store. google it and check it out.
tempe library has an awesome kids section, with a wooden kitchen, puzzles, toys, etc. it is kinda far from you, but i have met the most awesome mamas there.

there is a nice covered playground at indian school and hayden.
i went to a park that was not covered today, and the sand was too hot for us to walk on, even in shoes!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page