I need SLC OB recomendations - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-23-2009, 11:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My sister has recently decided to TTC. But before she does she needs to find an OB. She really wants a vaginal birth that as uninvasive as posible. Bt here is the catch. She was hit by a car when she was twelve that rolled over her hips which seperated them. She doesn't have any pins, but has heard conflicting reports on weather she can have a vaginal birth. She wants to get some x rays done to know exactly what is going on and what is possible.

She is in Salt Lake Area, and prefers to use and IHC hospital as that is where her husband works.

Any help is so so so so appreciated.

:

Bec, Married eternally to Dan for ten years. Parents to A (8/17/06) O (12/30/09) one love lost (2/07/09) and my little twin angels (9/24/11, 10/11/11)

#2 of 7 Old 05-24-2009, 02:25 PM
A&A

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I don't have a specific doctor's name for you, but I'd suggest seeing a female OB. They just have more empathy for the female body.

"Our task is not to see the future, but to enable it."
#3 of 7 Old 05-24-2009, 10:51 PM

I would disagree with the female OB statement above. In my work as a doula this idea has not born out at all here in Salt Lake. Most tend to be more interventive and push for c-sections (many who have had children chose cesareans for their own births). I have worked with one excellent female OB, Natalie Loewen, but she worked at the University of Utah and Salt Lake Regional. There is a great nurse midwife named Danielle Demeter who works at IMC and St. Marks. Even with her past injuries Danielle might still be an option. Good luck to your sister!
#4 of 7 Old 06-04-2009, 05:51 PM

I love and definetly reccomend my doctor:

Dr. Lisa Gravelle, MD
5063 S. Cottonwood St.
Suite 120
Murray, UT 84107
Phone- 801-507-1800

She is a superb OB.
#5 of 7 Old 06-04-2009, 07:06 PM

I've had good experiences with Daren Watts, who does deliveries at St Marks and IMC. A lot of people have also had good experiences with Kim Moreland in West Jordan, but she's NOT homebirth friendly.

Violin teaching, doula-ing Mom to Abby, (8) Ashlynn, (6) : and Max (11/13/08) Diagnosed with Metopic Craniosynostosis. First surgery 5/1/09, Second surgery March 2010.
#6 of 7 Old 06-04-2009, 07:12 PM

I used Kimball Lloyd for both my births, he is in the new IHC center. He specializes in high risk pregnancies. He seems to prefer vaginal delivery, I really like him, very caring and he gives you all the information you need. The only downside is that he is a fan of epidurals, so if she did not want one she would need to make that clear, but once I make up my mind about the epidural he did not press me, and his office nurse is wonderful!! Number is 801-507-1950.

Good luck
Kori
#7 of 7 Old 06-08-2009, 02:33 AM

I had a wonderful experience with the certified nurse-midwife team up at the University of Utah Hospital. The three midwives I saw through my pregnancy and who attended my labor and birth were Melissa Boll (she's the one I saw most often and I loved her to pieces), Lisa Kolaczi (rhymes with policy), and Claudia Gerard. The U of U has an excellent NICU and even if she is considerd high risk, the midwives will still attend her birth and stand up to any pushy OBs. Melissa personally kicked an OB who wanted to give me a section for no better reason than I'd been pushing for three hours out of my room for me.

The U of U was recently certified WHO Baby Friendly as well, one of less than 100 hospitals in the US to receive certification, and the only one in Utah. They have really great lactation support and formula was never brought up.

I will say that the pediatricians at the U are not so great. They're very hit or miss. You're better off trying to find a naturopath.

~Rose

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page