Salt Lake City Playgroups? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We're planning on it. 10:30? You can PM me directions if you like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2009, 01:33 PM

Hey Kris can you pm me your directions? We'd like to come as well, and since it's your bday I'd love to bring some eclairs for all of us . It's your bday anyway so you shouldn't be making the cake . Anyway today was going to be a busy day for us, but I'm thinking about taking my son out of swimming lessons. He's sooooo constipated it's driving me insane, I seriously have tried everything there is to try and nothing. It's so frustrating!!! Anyway sorry about venting
Old 11-06-2009, 05:00 AM

Sorry we're going to be a little late. Ds has an appointment with the ped tomorrow. Unfortunately ten was the earliest time that he can see us.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:10 AM

Late is fine, no worries and you totally don't have to bring anything but I won't ever say no to eclairs!! hehe

I won't have cake though tomorrow as we got home too late tonight, but we will have grapes and crackers and snacky snacks if little ones get hungry.

Kris - married to Nate since 12/06, mom to Toby since 1/08. Also servant to two felines. Done having babies for medical reasons.

Old 11-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Banned

Looks like we can host this upcoming Friday. If someone else would prefer their place, feel free to pipe up!

PM me if you need directions. Friday Nov 13 at 10:30.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:16 PM

I feel so embarrassed for not going yesterday , but we got out pretty late from the ped's office and my lo is so miserable. He's got a few fissures from his constipation issues (sorry tmi) so everytime he has to go in his diapers it hurts him. It breaks my heart . Anyway if my baby feels better we'd love to come.

Krisis, hope you had a good birthday !!! I left a message for you I hope you got it
Old 11-07-2009, 11:14 PM
Banned

So sorry, BRmama. DS had chronic constipation for a good portion of his infancy. I hope you get it worked out. It's so hard to see them in pain.

Hope we can see you this Friday.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:08 AM

Gah, I did get your message but haven't had a chance to call back. Sorry I missed your call, I'm not sure if we were outside when you called or if it was my phone (Tmobile had a national outage on Friday.)

I did have an awesome birthday though Toby went down and stayed with my mom all yesterday and allll today. DH set up our tent in our living room and we camped out in front of the fireplace. I turned my iPod (in the speakers) on to my ambient rain sounds and it was SOOO cool in the dark. Then today DH and I went to lunch and browsed bookstores and libraries for hours. And it was quiet. There was no screeching.

It was wonderful, but I was glad to see my wee beastie again tonight. Even if he is LOUD.

Kris - married to Nate since 12/06, mom to Toby since 1/08. Also servant to two felines. Done having babies for medical reasons.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Banned

Kris, that sounds like an amazing birthday! What a great idea for a date.

My ILs watched BOTH kiddos today for a 1:30. It was the most time DH and I have had alone for 8 mo - since Jane was born. We didn't know what to do with ourselves in a bookstore without someone pulling down displays or throwing a tantrum or asking "What's that?" 847 times. It was lovely.

What a great weekend. I hope everyone else had a good one too.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:22 AM

I think we are going to go to the zoo tomorrow, anyone want to join us? We'll probably leave around 11 or so and stay as long as Toby feels like it. I want to go before it snows and I feel like I'm pushing it as it is!

If anyone wants to join us but can't go tomorrow, my other option is going Tuesday but I have to be back in Draper by 2.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:17 PM
Banned

We'd love to go today. We'll leave around the same-ish time, maybe a little earlier, depending on Jane's nap. See you there? I emailed you my phone number so you can call me if we can't meet or if you need to find me at the zoo.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:34 PM

Aw crap, we couldn't make it today. I had some stuff that got sold on Craigslist and had to meet the buyers. Did you guys go? How was it?

We'll probably go tomorrow I hope I hope.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Banned

Yeah, we went. I figured since I hadn't heard from you, you wouldn't be there, so we took Nana instead (she can't drive right now so she was glad to get out of the house). It worked out.

Maybe next time?
Old 11-10-2009, 02:39 AM

Maybe we can make a plan to go to the Discovery Museum sometime next week. BRMama, would you be up for that too?

Hey Leah, I am probably going to sell the Power Wheel Jeep soon... thought I would ask if Andrew would want it? I listed it on KSL for $40 but I would sell it to you for $20 if you are interested.

Old 11-10-2009, 03:29 AM
Banned

Thanks, Kris. I'm sure Andrew would love it, but we really don't have the space. Our garage is pretty crammed as is and we do actually have to be able to fit a car in there soon.

Discovery museum sounds fun!
Old 11-10-2009, 04:19 AM

Yeah space is the reason I don't want to keep it I don't want it living on my porch all winter, but I also don't want to try and shove it in my laundry room where it will stare at me all winter. Bleh.

What if we aim for Discovery Museum next Friday? We could have our playgroup there, 10:30 a.m. on the 20th. Yay/nay?

Old 11-10-2009, 03:14 PM

Kris so glad you had an awesome bday! Same here if dh and I had that kind of time to ourselves we wouldn't know what to do with it lol.

Anyway my baby feels a lot better (thanks to the stool softners) but it still hurts him a little bit. Geez that's too bad we missed the zoo with you guys. Sounds like you had a great time. I've been meaning to take Landon there too sometime before winter. Anyway I vote yay to the Discovery Museum next Friday the 20th. Ten thirty sounds good for us. Leah are you still hosting the playgroup at your house this Friday?
Old 11-11-2009, 01:04 AM
Banned

I surely am! Do you want directions?

Also, I'm thinking of having a little snack spread for the kiddos so that everyone doesn't have to leave when the kids get hungry. Any allergies?

Is anyone else out there planning on coming this Friday? I promise, we're lots of fun! And I have tons of toys!
Old 11-11-2009, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoMommy View Post
I surely am! Do you want directions?

Also, I'm thinking of having a little snack spread for the kiddos so that everyone doesn't have to leave when the kids get hungry. Any allergies?

Is anyone else out there planning on coming this Friday? I promise, we're lots of fun! And I have tons of toys!
We definitely want to come, so yeah pm me with your directions. A little snack would be great. He has no allergies, and he basically eats the same things that Jane eats. I started him on those yogurt pops and he is doing okay with them so I'll bring some for him to share with the other kiddos. The main thing with his food is what I add for his constipation. So far I've been adding two teaspoons of miralax and a half crushed chewable pedialax pill and that seems to be working thankgoodness.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:30 AM

Paah, so, I have to have ANOTHER surgery in a couple of weeks. This one is to remove a lump in my upper lip/below my nose. I call it my alien microchip but that did not amuse the doctor. He has no idea what it is. Argh argh argh. Anyway, surgery was scheduled for the 19th but I think I will move it back till after Thanksgiving.

So we're still on for the Discovery museum

I'm allergic to basically everything but Toby didn't inherit that part of me thank goodness! Snacks would be wonderful and he would love you forever (anyone who feeds him is automatically his favorite mommy.) Do you want me to bring anything?

I think Kayla is also planning on coming both this week and next. She's on MDC as bannanachild but doesn't post much.

Oh we must have posted at the same time BRMama. I was going to tell you for your poor baby's constipation. Toby had it really bad too when he was a newbie and the doctor prescribed him special gas drops that really helped. It's so hard seeing them in pain

Old 11-11-2009, 03:04 PM

Yeah we posted the same time hehe but I just went to bed after my post so didn't see yours till now, but wow Kris! I hope things go okay for you during surgery. I know that sucks, I had to have a wart removed from my tongue yeah of all places. When they put that anesthesy needle (sorry Leah I know you hate needles) that's when I vowed I'd never get my tongue pierced lol.

Anyway yeah it sucks seeing our lo's in pain, he's doing better with the stool softners but still grunting but everyday is a progress for us. Did yours outgrow it? I hope it's just something that he'll outgrow. Leah did yours outgrow it too?

Yeah we're still on for discovery on the 20th. Leah do you want me to bring anything this friday?
Old 11-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Banned

BRmama, Andrew outgrew the constipation when we stopped supplementing with formula. We also had to be careful not to give him things like bananas and apple sauce for a while, and he was also doing daily prune juice for a while as well. Luckily it was never so bad that he had to be medicated, but it was like a daily thing trying to get him to poop. Poor kid.

Jane tried some cheese the other day and went bonkers for it. It's the first food she's tried that she was really excited about. She was stopped up for 2 days, which is really unusual for her. We just did no dairy in my diet, gave her some beans and some peas, and she's doing just fine now.

Do you know about which foods to give/not give for constipation? I'm sure the doc talked to you about it.

Anywho, yeah, we'll have snacks. Should be fun!

PMing you directions, BRmama.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:44 PM

Hey sactoMommy I got your directions. Anyway the dr. said to give him all fruits that start with the letter p especially prunes. and to avoid like you said apple sauce and bananas and rice cereal. Well since I don't want him on these meds for too long, after his formula finishes I'm going to try goat's milk because we've seriously tried all the formulas out there and none seemed to help. His regular dr. (chiropractor) okayed it as long as I supplement him with vits.

That's so cute that she liked cheese. For Landon it was yogurt. He does okay as long as I mix his med in it but at first he made a weird face like "what's that" but now he loves it. I'm thinking cheese next but we'll see. I need to monitor all his food intake to make sure they're not causing his constipation.
Anyway can't wait till Friday.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:26 AM
Banned

Yeah, besides the yogurt, dairy is a big stopper upper.

We put some prune juice in with the formula for a while, and that seemed to help, but we had AWESOME success with flax seed oil. Have you thought about having donated milk? It seems like 9mo would be a little early to stop doing something other than BM or formula. Just a thought.

Also, Brie is welcome to come if you want to invite her.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:22 AM

I never thought about flax seed oil but now I'll have to give it a try. I am willing to try anything at this point...lol. His regular ped who is also a chiro suggested changing to goat's milk by introducing it slowly. Supposedly she says it is the closest to bm.

I'll call Brie tomorrow to see if she wants to come
Old 11-17-2009, 01:40 AM
Banned

So are we at the Discovery Museum this week? I'm not really up for going alone, so I'm going to call my MIL to come with us in case we end up being the only ones there, so if you decide to come, you'll get to meet her (she's really nice).

OR, someone else could host. Doesn't matter to me.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:05 AM

I really, really want to be there. I am going to say 90% we will be there, I am just worried about looking like an ogre from my mouth surgery. But I will try really hard because the Discovery Museum is way cool and let's face it, I want to shop a bit at the Gateway afterward

I'll see if Kayla wants to come as well. Maybe I'll have her drive in case I am not supposed to. Can we aim for 11 or is that too late? 10:30 is early for us to be places... Toby and I are not morning people which is why we have trouble getting to playgroup a lot, sorry

Old 11-19-2009, 07:23 PM
Banned

Okay, I still have to check with MIL but it looks like we can make it at 11 AM, slightly early or late, depending on DD's nap.

I sure hope this works out. Andrew has been a beast in public lately.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:19 AM

Hey guys bad news. We can't make it tomorrow . I wanted to go with my son, but I just found out a few days ago that my brother is coming up from vegas to take care of some business here and I have to pick him up from the airport and lend him my car. I'll take a raincheck, maybe we can go back there another time. Next week we'll be out of town for Thanksgiving till the
29th. So Dec 4th which is a Friday I'd like to host it here at my house.

Sactomommy since I started Landon on flaxseed meal he's been doing so much better. Thanks for the tip, and it was fun seeing our babies reaction at your house, your kids are so cute.

Anyway last night we had a rough night and I noticed today that Landon's top left tooth is coming out . But so far no fever or runny nose thankgoodness.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:55 AM

No worries. Sorry you can't make it BRMama. And if it's too much for Andrew we can always leave, it's ok. Toby's been a kind of buttmonkey lately too. I do still plan on being there but don't make fun of the ginormous bruise I am likely to have in the morning.

Kayla can't make it because she's getting Adrianna's first pictures done tomorrow

But I am excited. Toby had so much fun last time we went. I'll send an email down to the crunchy mommies playgroup in Provo to see if any of them want to join us. I meant to do it earlier this week but I spaced it. May work, may not. Oh wells!

We'll see you around 11 Leah. Does your phone get texts, because I don't know if I can talk on one yet.

(Wow this is my 900th post! I never thought when I started on this message board I would ever get that high!!)

User Tag List