Salt Lake City Playgroups? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 137 Old 12-18-2009, 03:54 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am just getting more and more excited reading everyone's descriptions of their Christmases. I usually wake up at about 4 AM and can't go back to sleep. We usually do "family snuggles" in our big bed and then go down when everyone is awake enough (or after I've bugged everyone enough ) and make coffee. Then we take turns opening presents. We usually come up with some sort of order, but this year I think it may devolve into a free for all. Jane will probably open all of my presents. Then we eat homemade cinnamon rolls. We're supposed to be joining the ILs for mass at 10:45 this year, but we'll see if that happens or not. They have Christmas this year, so we'll be lounging at their house and eating a big dinner with them, unless MIL changes her mind and accepts my mom's invite to come down for dinner, in which case it will be one freaking huge party. My parents and sister, the four of us, ILs and two BILs. I sure hope she says yes.

I finally put up some of our decorations today and Andrew spent about an hour playing with our creche. Then he begged us to light our Advent wreath candles at dinner so he could blow them out and sing happy birthday Jesus. This year he understands what Christmas is about and is really enjoying it.
#122 of 137 Old 12-18-2009, 03:55 AM
Banned

And Kris, you'll definitely have to come over and play. I mean, Toby will have to come play with it.
#123 of 137 Old 12-21-2009, 04:10 AM

Wow InMediaRes all your family together sounds like fun. I too love reading what all of you are doing for Christmas. Btw I love the idea of blowing out candles and I would love to use it when Landon's older.

Kris yeah you did get my name right lol... That's awesome that our cultures are so close together. I also have a nephew who is half Mexican and half Brazilian but since he was born here he's American. He's three and can understand both languages but answers in English hehe.

Anyway I am so excited because I got Landon some wood blocks and his little farm with the animals. It's a little sad though because he's at a point where he's losing interest in his old toys which means I'll have to put it away for good. If he could only not grow so fast lol.
#124 of 137 Old 12-21-2009, 06:51 PM

Wow - I just found this thread. Can I join you guys for your next playdate? My daughter is 18 months.

And like somebody else, I haven't been this excited for Christmas in years. Last year she was too little to know what was going on. This year she's going to love it!

Semi-crunchy Mama to three happy, healthy girls - T(6/08), A (12/10) and B (12/10)
#125 of 137 Old 12-21-2009, 07:26 PM

I just found this thread too! I've been wondering how hard it would be to find some other Mamas out in SLC that had the same lifestyle/parenting mindframe DH and I do (I'm guessing thats a good chance here on Mothering!)

My DS is only 4 weeks old, so hes not much into playing... but I'm really excited there seems to be quite a few people on this thread!

Mama to Xavian, born 11-24-09
#126 of 137 Old 12-21-2009, 08:00 PM

Yay! We are always up for more mamas/kiddos to come play with us. I'm glad you two found this thread

I never ever thought I would have to say "we don't eat the baby Jesus." Two year olds. Man. Also he has decided that Jesus is called "yo-yo." No idea where that came from.

Kris - married to Nate since 12/06, mom to Toby since 1/08. Also servant to two felines. Done having babies for medical reasons.

#127 of 137 Old 12-22-2009, 02:07 AM

rachel7628 and rachel7628 ! We are taking a small break from playgroup because we're all so busy with the holidays and all, we'll be starting again sometime next month. Usually we have it on Fridays at eleven and either we host it in our house or we go to the southtowne mall where the kiddos can play.

Krisis, that is too funny! Two year olds can be so much fun sometimes lol.

Rachel7628 how exciting. I can't wait till my son is there. I mean I'm very happy cause it's his first Christmas and all but he doesn't really understands what is going on.

We took Landon to get some pics with Santa and he was so scared, poor thing. Sucks that Santa isn't free anymore so I have a pic of him that we bought crying in Santa's lap lol.
#128 of 137 Old 12-22-2009, 02:36 PM

Ugh, I hate that Santa isn't free anymore. Actually, on Saturday I went to a yarn store in Provo and they had a Father Christmas there for free! Toby was being awful and his diaper had exploded so he had to get in and out quickly, but it was really cool. The guy had on beautiful red and gold robes and leather boots and really looked like Father Christmas. It was awesome.

We are going to the Candlelight Christmas at Heritage Park tomorrow night. They have Father Christmas and live reindeer. Hopefully Toby's diaper will NOT explode and we can get a good picture of him there. And they won't charge us for it, since we're already paying admission into the event. Except I just sold my old camera on eBay while waiting for my new camera's battery to come in the mail. Hmm, dilemma.

Anyway, IT'S SNOWING IT'S SNOWING IT'S SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED! We missed the last snow because we were all so sick and by the time we were all better, it melted. We already have a thin layer out there! I wish it would turn into more fluffy flakes, but I'm not complaining. I can't wait to take Toby sledding!! BWAAAH!!!!

Kris - married to Nate since 12/06, mom to Toby since 1/08. Also servant to two felines. Done having babies for medical reasons.

#129 of 137 Old 12-22-2009, 04:29 PM
Banned

Sledding sledding sledding sledding! I'm so psyched. Andrew had a blast last time. I'm going to get Jane a snowsuit so that she can go next time too.

First time down the hill

Going down with Daddy

Kris, that is so funny about Toby eating Jesus. I don't even think I want to repeat the one I had to say to Andrew yesterday without offending someone. There's a list somewhere of rules you never thought you would have with a toddler.

And new people! Welcome! We're on hiatus for a few weeks, but I think we'll pick up again like....Jan 15? We have a doc appointment on the 8th, otherwise we could do it then. It was the soonest they could see us and I HAVE to talk to the ped about Andrew's sleep problems. There is no way he should be this tired and sleeping this poorly at almost 3yo. I think he might have sleep apnea. Sigh.
#130 of 137 Old 12-22-2009, 05:19 PM

Poor dude. Not being able to sleep well is the worst. I'm sure his sleeping issues aren't helped by the holiday excitement too.

Those pictures are so cute! Ahhh I can't believe it's still snowing! And it was big fluffy flakes for a while! And now Toby's down for a nap so we can't go out! ARGH!! WILL I NEVER GET THE CHANCE TO SLED?! COME ON, UNIVERSE! ALIGN FOR MEEEEEEE!!

#131 of 137 Old 12-22-2009, 06:55 PM

Xavismom sorry I got your name mixed up but welcome too!

Jan 15th sounds good for us. Landon is too small to go sledding except for like maybe to play in the snow. Anyway, you all must think I'm a grinch but I hate the snow lol! Although I have to say it looks really pretty from inside my house hehe.

Poor Andrew, I hope the dr. has a solution for him so he can sleep better. Andrew looks so cute in those sledding pictures, he must be really excited for the snow.

You guys's kids are so cute. I hope Landon does cute things at that age.
#132 of 137 Old 12-22-2009, 08:19 PM

I get sick of the snow around February, but for now I am just excited because we haven't had a chance to play in it yet. Also, WHITE CHRISTMAS!!!! WOOT!

#133 of 137 Old 12-23-2009, 06:26 PM

Yeah true I hope we have a white Christmas. For us here the snow before Christmas is beautiful, after Christmas it's ugly....hehehe. Anyway I also love how the mountains are all white. So pretty. I can't believe February is almost here. Landon will be turning one.
#134 of 137 Old 12-24-2009, 11:50 AM
Banned

Oh, I love the snow all the time! After 3 years in Cali where it just piddle rained all winter, I love me some big deep snow drifts!

Wow, you're right BRmama, Janes bday is 3/1, and that sounds awfully soon. Andrew will be 3 at the end of March too. Time to start thinking about #3 .
#135 of 137 Old 12-26-2009, 02:48 AM

Yep, Toby will be 2 next month. Today has been hard, I wish I could have #2. But then again, most days I am glad we are done having babies.

How was everyone's Christmas? My parents got me a PIANO!!! :shock I am so excited! It's a little upright but I looove it and am soo happy.

Meanwhile, I'm kinda glad I didn't finish Toby's doll in time for Christmas (he'll get it for his birthday) because of how much he got today. I would have felt bad if something I worked that hard on had been tossed aside in favor of the PlasmaCars, the Sit-n-Spin, the cat shaped piano, the talking storybook, etc etc.

#136 of 137 Old 12-26-2009, 07:53 PM
Banned

Our Christmas was really good, apart from being way too hectic for the two kids to handle. We're really gearing down today and trying to get back into our groove. Yesterday was an ALL DAY affair of way too many people, too many changes of venue, and too much sugar for Andrew.

We did my parent's house to open presents from them on Christmas eve and Andrew got a huge plastic bulldozer (that sings macho construction rock n roll music ) and he is just totally in love with it. I have to admit that it's pretty darn cool. I just wish it wasn't so noisy. The batteries will be disappearing sometime soon I think. Unfortunately, the first thing he wanted on Christmas morning was his bulldozer, so he was only moderately excited about his new farm, although he did play with it some. We rushed off to church and he didn't get to see it much the rest of the day. It's getting a lot of attention today though.

My parents really didn't go too overboard this year, and my ILs didn't do gifts this year, so it was pretty sparse (the way I like it) and much more about good food and appreciating each other's company. My mom went crazy cooking for my ILs to come down for Christmas dinner and it really was a blast. There was way too much food, but it was delicious. My mom didn't realize until we pointed it out that she had made four different vegetable dishes (all yummy).

I'm kinda glad it's over and we can get back to being stress free for a while. Things got a little too crazy for my taste, although it was a lot of fun. Hope everyone else is settling back into normalcy for now.

And "Wassail!" to you all for a happy and healthy 2010.
#137 of 137 Old 12-29-2009, 05:06 PM

Hey everyone our Christmas was great here too. A little overwhelming for Landon but he did good. The 24th we had a get together with mil and her side of the family. We all bring different kinds of soup and eat them in bread bowls, so yummy. Then the 25th we went to mil's house to open presents. He got some clothes a toy phone, and a big truck! No wooden toys like I asked but that's okay because he loves that truck. Then we came home and opened our presents here and he loves the little farm that I got him. Well it comes with a little green car and you can put little things in the back and he's always playing with that. I guess he just loves anything on wheels (when we pull out the vaccum he goes straight to it to play with the wheels lol).

Then the few days after that have been HELL!!! He's got two teeth coming in at the same time, and so our nights have been horrible. Though yesterday went a little better. We have him on motrin and I'm going to get some belladona for him. He isn't eating any solids at the moment and he'll only take his milk cold. Sigh, I hope this phase goes by real quick...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page