Having TWINS in SLC - need homebirth-friendly OB - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-29-2009, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi. I am 15 weeks pregnant with TWINS. I have had 3 prior homebirths (singletons), but I need a backup plan this time. I am not familiar with any of the OB's in the area. Does anyone know of one who is very naturally-minded with a low c-section rate and will attempt a vaginal delivery with twins? Or, do you know of a hospital in the area with very relaxed policies when it comes to twins -- which will NOT require me to be strapped down in the operating room with an epidural "just in case?"

I have heard that Dr. Silver at the U will deliver vaginal breeches, which is a pretty good sign that he will attempt a vaginal twin delivery. Can anyone back up this story, perhaps?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 07-29-2009, 04:33 PM

Dr. Robert Silver is the only name that comes to mind for me.

Homeschooling Mom of 5 dds reading.gif

Planning my fifth natural birth using Hypnobabies for baby boy coming in June 2012! nocirc.gif

#3 of 8 Old 07-31-2009, 09:10 PM

Dr. Silver will do vaginal breech. I'm sure he will do a twin vaginal.

He is a great doctor. I wish I had more names for you, but you may as well try and get in touch with him and see how you feel.

Congrats on the twins!
#4 of 8 Old 08-04-2009, 04:37 PM

I've heard not so good things about Silver lately but not sure what the situation was. I'd definitely say he's worth a try! Did your midwife give you some ideas?
#5 of 8 Old 08-06-2009, 12:39 AM

Bob Silver is the one to got to. He doesn't bat an eye at homebirths. I was working with a client who was a first time mom and was breech. Because of UT regulations, she was required to transfer, and Dr Silver was more than willing to deliver her breech if that was what she wanted.

CNMs can do twins as well. I know Danielle Demeter has done more than one set of twins. You could also try the Dr she works with- Daren Watts. I was referred to him when I was planning a homebirth and had a late miscarraige. He was super respectful, didn't say anything about homebirth. And then later, he monitored my pregnancy for the first 12-14 weeks, then sent me on my way to see my midwife.

Violin teaching, doula-ing Mom to Abby, (8) Ashlynn, (6) : and Max (11/13/08) Diagnosed with Metopic Craniosynostosis. First surgery 5/1/09, Second surgery March 2010.
#6 of 8 Old 08-09-2009, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

I actually called Danielle Demeter's office and was told she was not allowed to do twins.
#7 of 8 Old 08-24-2009, 04:51 PM
JMJ

Are you planning on doing a home birth and just want back-up, or are you planning on having your babies in a hospital? I would recommend Chris ****** is a home birth midwife who has a lot of good experience with twins. She's not licensed, (though certainly quite experienced) so she is not restricted when it comes to breech births and twins. If you're planning a home birth, it's hard to get anybody to tell you that they'll back you up. I was only having one baby, but my back up plan was show up at the U and ask the midwives to help. I couldn't get any OB or CNM to agree to anything with me.
#8 of 8 Old 09-10-2009, 12:32 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, it's a backup plan I need. My first choice would be to have a homebirth, if at all possible, but if I end up needing a hospital delivery, I want a doc who will try their best to still give me the birth I desire and not just jump to a c-section unnecessarily. I am now 21 weeks, so I still have a little time, but I just want to know who I would go to, if I end up having to do the hospital thing.

Thanks to all for their input.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page