HBA2C in Tucson, AZ? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 08-10-2009, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am in desperate search of a midwife who will do a HBA2C in Tucson AZ. Lisa B-W will not do one as I contacted her. Amy and Stephanie have not e-mailed me back but does anyone know if they do this or any other midwife willing to do this? I am not currently pregnant but am doing any and all research over the next year and a half so I know exactly who to contact as soon as I am pregnant. I am pretty set on a Home birth as I do not want any interventions, not even an IV and I know the hospital will make me have whatever THEY want, even though this is my body and my baby, which is exactly why I have had 2 c-sections. Please any advice would be great. Hopefully one of you ladies has been in my shoes and can share a birth story and a midwife with me. Thanks
#2 of 8 Old 08-13-2009, 03:52 PM

I can't help you out as I had 3 HB's, the last with Lisa, but wanted to wish you good luck!

Can anyone out there help?
#3 of 8 Old 08-13-2009, 03:59 PM

I was unable to find anyone to attend me at home in the Tucson area for just a regular VBAC. (I planned a unassisted homebirth instead) it was my only option unfortunately (And fortunately if that makes sense). AZ is not very positive for VBAC homebirthers.

I hope you can find someone. I would look into traveling MW's. I know someone in southern Cali. who might be a possibility if you have no other options, if you need the info. please PM me!

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
#4 of 8 Old 08-13-2009, 04:48 PM

I too don't know of any HB MW's that do VBACs here...I think it's a legality issue. I too agree a traveling one (or you traveling) or a UBAC might be the only possibilities.

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

#5 of 8 Old 08-13-2009, 04:58 PM

only CNM's can attend a home VBAC in AZ. An ND or Chiro. could if you could find one.There is a MW in Sierra Vista you might check in with. (I forget her name though she is a CNM)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile7393 View Post
I too don't know of any HB MW's that do VBACs here...I think it's a legality issue. I too agree a traveling one (or you traveling) or a UBAC might be the only possibilities.

#6 of 8 Old 08-15-2009, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmoon View Post
only CNM's can attend a home VBAC in AZ. An ND or Chiro. could if you could find one.There is a MW in Sierra Vista you might check in with. (I forget her name though she is a CNM)
I was under the impression that the only CNM HB MW in the state was Lisa Block-Weiser. Do you mean Stephanie Fritz in Sierra Vista? I think she's the only one in SV...she's an LM, not a CNM.

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

#7 of 8 Old 08-16-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile7393 View Post
Do you mean Stephanie Fritz in Sierra Vista? I think she's the only one in SV...she's an LM, not a CNM.
ahh my bad! (yes I think it was her)

#8 of 8 Old 09-05-2009, 11:53 PM

Stephanie is a CPM. (but no, she can not attend VBACs as a midwife)

I'm a modifiedartist.gif DH is a reading.gif we have 2 angel.gifs, and DS is a rainbow1284.gif baby.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page