Mothering Forum banner

HBA2C in Tucson, AZ?

715 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  frontierpsych 
#1 ·
I am in desperate search of a midwife who will do a HBA2C in Tucson AZ. Lisa B-W will not do one as I contacted her. Amy and Stephanie have not e-mailed me back but does anyone know if they do this or any other midwife willing to do this? I am not currently pregnant but am doing any and all research over the next year and a half so I know exactly who to contact as soon as I am pregnant. I am pretty set on a Home birth as I do not want any interventions, not even an IV and I know the hospital will make me have whatever THEY want, even though this is my body and my baby, which is exactly why I have had 2 c-sections. Please any advice would be great. Hopefully one of you ladies has been in my shoes and can share a birth story and a midwife with me. Thanks

#3 ·
I was unable to find anyone to attend me at home in the Tucson area for just a regular VBAC. (I planned a unassisted homebirth instead) it was my only option unfortunately (And fortunately if that makes sense). AZ is not very positive for VBAC homebirthers.

I hope you can find someone. I would look into traveling MW's. I know someone in southern Cali. who might be a possibility if you have no other options, if you need the info. please PM me!

#5 ·
only CNM's can attend a home VBAC in AZ. An ND or Chiro. could if you could find one.There is a MW in Sierra Vista you might check in with. (I forget her name though she is a CNM)

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefragile7393 View Post
I too don't know of any HB MW's that do VBACs here...I think it's a legality issue. I too agree a traveling one (or you traveling) or a UBAC might be the only possibilities.

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowmoon View Post
only CNM's can attend a home VBAC in AZ. An ND or Chiro. could if you could find one.There is a MW in Sierra Vista you might check in with. (I forget her name though she is a CNM)
I was under the impression that the only CNM HB MW in the state was Lisa Block-Weiser. Do you mean Stephanie Fritz in Sierra Vista? I think she's the only one in SV...she's an LM, not a CNM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.