Phoenix area maternity/baby store recommendations (any second hand? earth friendly?) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-27-2009, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I live up in Flag, but dh wants to head down to Anthem to hit up the outlets this Saturday and I wanted to check out some stores since our selection up here is limited.

Do any valley area mamas have recommendations for affordable but earth friendly options? I'm pregnant and really want to check out some cloth diapering options IRL and I am desperate for some more maternity friendly tops! I feel like I have heard of second hand baby stores, but that was when I wasn't pregnant so I didn't pay attention to details!

Its a broad request, I know, but I don't know the area that well so would love some suggestions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2009, 01:24 AM

I am not aware of any maternity stores at the outlet mall in Anthem :-( That said I've been to the mall all of 3-4 times since I moved here. I have however been to a wonderful CD store in Scottsdale. It is called Wildflower Diapers and is located at 14415 N 73rd St, Scottsdale, it is a little difficult to find so I would google map it from the Outlets at Anthem.

I only moved to PHX in Jan so I am not very familiar with other places, wish I be of more help.

On a side note, we were just up visiting friends in Flag and I loooove it there. I wish my DH could either work from there or get work there.

Old 08-28-2009, 02:09 AM

Try Kid to Kid. They have a website with their locations in the valley. It is a resale place that also has some new kids stuff. They sell maternity, kids clothes and junior girl clothes up to size 5. They also have books, toys, and baby "equiptment". I recently went to lots of Goodwill stores, Salvation Army, Other Mothers (resale including meternity) and Once Upon A Child. See below for their website.

http://www.kidtokid.com/news.php?id=14

http://www.ouac.com/

Victoria, natural childbirth educator and certified labor doula
Old 08-28-2009, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies! We are only going to be down there for the day so those places you mentioned are plenty to check out for now! I am going to try to hit them all up!
Old 08-31-2009, 05:51 PM

It seems from your post that I missed the chance to give you this recommendation, but if you are down here again there is an Other Mothers store at Bell Road and I-17. It is in a big shopping center on the northwest corner. They have tons of second-hand items and I got quite a few maternity items there. There are lots of tiny baby clothes in pretty good condition, too, along with bouncy seats, strollers, etc. I have found slings a time or two, as well.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks!

Yeah we were already down there and got to hit up a couple of the suggestions...but my sister-in-law and her family live in Maricopa and so we get down that way every other month or so, so its not too late for another trip!

User Tag List