Couple Questions about Arizona - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-18-2009, 04:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My husband and I may be moving to Safford, Arizona, and I was hoping you ladies could help me.

First, is homebirth legal? Anyone know of any midwives in the Safford area? What about OBs there?

Second, what about vax laws? We're in Texas now, and we can get exemptions for pretty much anything. So, I was wondering how it is there because we are not vaxing anymore.

I found the BFing laws, but they also don't seem as thorough as Texas's. And Texas's laws are very thorough, IMO.

Anyone know any of this? Thanks! I appreciate any thoughts you can give me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2009, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Homebirth is legal. Don't know if there's a midwife in Safford. Vax exemptions are a signature. Breastfeeding is legal anywhere in public that the mother is legally allowed to be.

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:17 PM

There isn't one in Safford....wow that's such a random area to move to lol. Is it because of the mine? Not that it's my business, but just curious since there isn't much draw to that area except the mine.

Basically your options of homebirth Billye Matthews in Benson, (she's the closest), Diane Gregg in Bisbee, or Stephanie Fritz in Sierra Vista. For OB's.....no clue truthfully. Everything else I echo what Mybabysmama said.

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

Old 09-18-2009, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter

No, we wouldn't be moving because of the mine. My husband is in management at Walmart, and he is being recruited for that market/store.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:32 PM

Duh, forgot about Wal-Mart! Sorry about that. It's a nice little town but kind of a long drive to anything beyond basic necessities. I have a friend who lives in Clifton right outside of Safford.....very sleepy there.

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

Old 09-21-2009, 04:02 PM

flagstaff is getting a new wal mart in the next year or two. maybe you could request to go there instead? much bigger, very beautiful and lots of options for home birth midwives, let me know if you would like their contact info.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybabysmama View Post
Homebirth is legal. Don't know if there's a midwife in Safford. Vax exemptions are a signature. Breastfeeding is legal anywhere in public that the mother is legally allowed to be.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the help ladies! I contacted Billye Matthews, and she was so super nice! I came off the phone feeling very good with our conversation.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandabarugh View Post
Thanks for all the help ladies! I contacted Billye Matthews, and she was so super nice! I came off the phone feeling very good with our conversation.
She's awesome and sooooooooo knowledgeable. She was at our daughter's birth almost a year ago...love her so much and Stephanie Fritz as well.

User Tag List