Forum Jump: 

#61 of 240 Old 10-08-2009, 10:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallulahma View Post
its going to be an amazing day for the park

im still quarantined in case k breaks out.... have fun!
This weather would be too cold for non-pregnant Jen!
#62 of 240 Old 10-08-2009, 10:45 AM

What time will people be at the park? We have been looking forward to it as I've been sort of hiding from the world this week and need to break out of my house!

Divorced mama to baby girl (7/5/06) and baby boy (8/5/08) Into anything fun and creative!
#63 of 240 Old 10-08-2009, 11:59 AM

I think we'll be there by 9 and will stay till 11:30/12.

Hope to see you!!
#64 of 240 Old 10-08-2009, 12:01 PM

which park today? i have a little boy who got a kite for his bday and i said it would be a few days before we got to the park and here it is been a few days!

that open gym is right down the road...i think the kids would enjoy but its not affordable to me right now.
#65 of 240 Old 10-08-2009, 12:23 PM

Connor Park, Glenn and Campbell!
#66 of 240 Old 10-08-2009, 11:35 PM - Thread Starter

I could never stand the name "mybabysmama." Long story I'll save you from on why I even had that name. Now I am, obviously, going by SundayCrepes.

Thought I'd share the origin of that name.

Around the time we got married, I decided I wanted to start a tradition with the (step)kids. They were still little and I wanted them to have some good memories of a family tradition that wasn't associated with holidays. I decided to have friends over for crepes. Usually this happened on Sundays. We'd have strawberries with whipped cream also spinach and mushroom with cheese sauce. It took a long time to make enough crepes for these events and the kids were part of the process.

We did this for years. Really, until the kids got to college age. Then one of our crepe friends left the country. The others' kids also reached college age and we started the second batch of kids so we just didn't have the same dynamics we'd had all those years. We haven't done crepes like that in a few years, but they are a big part of our family history.

One of the fun facts I learned somewhere after we started doing crepes is that my husband's family does strawberry crepes as one of their traditions.

Our son's birthday is on Christmas. When we gather with my husband's family in another state we have one morning when we have crepes for our son's birthday celebration. The tradition continues...

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

#67 of 240 Old 10-09-2009, 01:15 AM

I need rec's for childcare. I do live around grant/silverbell and my schooling that I will need childcare for will be parallel or north of where I am currently (west, northwest, downtown campus). So far my classes are just on Tues and thurs from 3-5 (ish). I am crossing my fingers that I can add another class on tues and/or thurs in the mornings. I would pay $50/wk for 2 full time days (not sure exactly on hours but drop off around 7:30 at the absolute EARLIEST and pick up before 6 p.m.) total for both kids. I would love it if it was a SAHM or a single mom with in home daycare kind of thing but any advice on cheaper "kindgarden, preschool" type places with those types of fees/scheduleing would work just as great. Any other ideas welcome (haven't checked out the Y yet) but DES childcare won't help me b/c I don't work a "real" job. I'm so excited to be going to college!
#68 of 240 Old 10-09-2009, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Pima west campus has onsite childcare as part of their child development program. Don't know about the other campuses. I doubt if their schedule would fit yours, but you could check it out.

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

#69 of 240 Old 10-09-2009, 01:17 PM

I looked at the PCC childcare. I actually don't have any classes at the west campus so far and they have spots for my afternoon class but although I'm sure their prices are fair enough I also did some math and I would benefit more by taking another class on Tues/Thurs and they don't have spots for the morning. Their prices are $22 per child per full day and they don't have any grant money left and theres a waiting list for it. I'm hoping to give myself a small "grant" by paying a little less and giving small employment to someone who needs it!

~~~ALERT~~~

FREE TURKEY DINNER! lol. I have a 12 lb turkey that no longer fits in my freezer so it's getting cooked! (nothing fits in my freezer it's PACKED!) Tomorrow night is my official "free food cause it won't fit in my brand new tiny space" intro dinner. I'm going to the store today to get potatoes and some corn on the cob and some fixings for stuffing. PM me for my new address if you want to come by. I'm gonna start the thing tonight and slow cook it all night and all day tomorrow and maybe do an early early dinner around 4 or so? If no one shows up I'm going to be having turkey sandwhiches for a year!

ETA: this will be a bring your own chair event!
#70 of 240 Old 10-12-2009, 12:01 AM - Thread Starter

Anyone up for a Monday activity?

#71 of 240 Old 10-14-2009, 12:47 PM

hey buddies! we disappeared for a while.. Rob has been applying for a job and it's taken a lot of our time.

Danielle, how was your turkey dinner?

Pam, how's preschool going? Sorry we didn't catch your post about doing something on Monday-- though I don't think our schedules really mesh now with Aaron's school schedule...

Jen, did K come down with the pox?

Hannah, Carter and Alina are really hitting it off these days--maybe we can get them together soon? He needs a good rough'n'tumble buddy like her!

Becca, Lisa, are you out there?!?!?!?!

We'll be at the park Thursday morning--I have to be home by noon for a work phone call. Hope to see some of you there.
#72 of 240 Old 10-14-2009, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

We were out of town last Thursday so no preschool. (Never go Fridays) Then Monday was a holiday. So he went 5 days without school. Monday night he started waking MULTIPLE times. Did the same thing Tuesday. In his sleep he says, "Mommy, I want you to stay. I want you to stay at school."

I think the big break from school raised his stress about it. I really hate that. I want him home, but he's still rough with the baby and I'm afraid more at home time will increase it.

We are involved in a program where a child worker comes to our house and evaluates, gets recommendations from a therapist, and does sort of play therapy in our home. I'm not sure if it's good or bad, but after last week's visit she said she's going to ask the director come to our house with her. I do everything she knows to teach me to do...positive reinforcement, don't worry about messes, give individualized attention. It's great to have someone say such good things about my parenting, but where do we go from here?

My hope is after working with them for awhile we will deal with the roughness issues and then give him the choice of school or home.

At least I like the school. He does too. He just doesn't like me leaving.

#73 of 240 Old 10-14-2009, 11:31 PM

Sorry we have been so absent! I actually had a miscarriage two weeks ago and I sort of just felt like hiding from the world. It was not at all a bad thing, we were not ready for a third and I am partly grateful that my body sorted that out for me but it did take a lot out of my body and I am still feeling strange emotionally. Anyway, then we went out of town so I'm very much looking forward to things getting normal again! Danielle, how are you liking your little place so far? Did the turkey go over well? Sarah, we should totally do something to get the little ones together more often! Our home and pool are always open and we're usually up for the zoo or botanical gardens since we have memberships there. Pam, I'm sorry to hear you're still struggling with the roughness issue. Is anyone else out there? This thread has been so quiet the last week or so!

Divorced mama to baby girl (7/5/06) and baby boy (8/5/08) Into anything fun and creative!
#74 of 240 Old 10-14-2009, 11:49 PM - Thread Starter

Hannah, I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Even if you weren't ready, it must still be a loss.

Is Alina better with the roughness?

Tonight we decided to keep our guy home tomorrow. We've got big plans for the weekend (it's our anniversary) and don't want him sick. This morning there was a sign that 2 kids in his class have hand, foot, and mouth disease. When my husband picked him up this afternoon, he said there was a sign that 5 kids have the flu.

Anyway, when I told him he wouldn't be going to school tomorrow, he was disappointed. He said he likes going. That makes me feel better.

I've been missing how much we all used to get together. I'd like to be able to do that more. If we met after lunch my guy could easily join us. If people made firm commitments to morning stuff I'd just keep him home from school. I see preschool as an activity not the center of our life.

#75 of 240 Old 10-15-2009, 02:34 AM

Hannah~ so sorry about your loss.
Pam~ i'm starting to see aggression in Ethan a lot more now too. I'm having a hard time figureing out what to do as preschool isn't an option cause i can't afford it.

turkey dinner went real well. still have A LOT of turkey! but it was so delicious and the stuffing my oh my!

we would love to go to the park tomorrow but i'm not sure if we'll make it. ethan is having one if his "sicknesses" it's nothing contagious, it's not a flu or cold. it's WEIRD. it's starting to freak me out. he gets them maybe every 2-3 months sometimes more. headaches and sometimes a fever, sometimes a stomachache but the headache is always a common theme. kids aren't supposed to get headaches right? it's not his eyesight. i guess i should post in the health and healing forum but don't have the time or energy right now. tylenol is BARELY keeping him comfortable and as soon as 4 hours hits he needs another dose or he's practically screaming from it hurting. it's going to be a long night. not to mention that my back is ALL out of whack and it's causing me major problems in my low and mid back, neck, chest and giving me headaches as well. we're all falling apart!
#76 of 240 Old 10-15-2009, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Danielle,

My guy is involved with a program called Great Beginnings at Casa de los Ninos. It is free. In our case they come to the house. The biggest component of this program is for kids who have experienced violence--either seen it or been abused. There is also a component for kids who have had stress. We fall into the last category. They consider my guy's roughness as possibly stemming from the sudden arrival of his little sister.

The person in charge of this is Chuck. I think his last name is Shiverton. The number is 624-6500. Like I said, it's free. I'd recommend giving them a call.

#77 of 240 Old 10-15-2009, 12:32 PM

Hannah, I'm very sorry about your miscarriage. Even if it was the right thing for you right now, I'm sure it wasn't fun to go through.

Rob is on his way to Connor park with Carter and a friend right now, should anyone want to go over this morning. I am at home to work.

We're out of town this weekend but I am determined to organize a potluck or some kind of big gathering for all of us... next week/weekend?
#78 of 240 Old 10-15-2009, 02:05 PM

thanks pam. we would fall into several categories so i will CERTAINLY give them a call. my poor baby...he's so smart, so troubled, so left behind just because of timeing.
#79 of 240 Old 10-15-2009, 03:19 PM

so, we were thinking that since keira never got the chicken pox that she wasnt going to get them. its been 12 days since olive started erupting and so we were thinking of heading to the park today. we were sitting on the couch and keira said, "is this a pimple?"

yep! a pox erupted right behind her ear!!! Ihavebeen doing a full body scan every morning and I wouldve missed this!

we almost "infected" playgroup!

so here is to more quarantine!

which is a super bummer because we were planning a BIG pumpkin patch adventure this weekend.

guess we will have to save that for next weekend.

~jen~ )O( mama to k 07/05 o 5/08 and c 12/09
#80 of 240 Old 10-15-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
we almost "infected" playgroup!

so here is to more quarantine!
haha, you could have been known forever as the mom who brought chicken pox to connor park! Hope your quarantine goes well and that it's not too bad for K.
#81 of 240 Old 10-15-2009, 08:57 PM

I actually made it to the park last week (I was very late) and had a little visit with Danielle, so she can attest that I'm still sort of around.

Hannah, I'm so sorry. Hope you're taking time to rest and heal.

Jen, what a weird place for a pox to show up. I got the pox when I was 18 (wasn't vaxed or exposed previously - crazy alternative homeschoolers) and it SUCKED to get them at that age. Yea for Kiera and Olive! Hope it goes well for you guys.

I have either been out of town or had family staying with us on and off for the past two weeks while trying to squeeze in work time. My grandpa died on Tuesday. He was 96 and he fought a long and hard battle against old age. We'll be headed back to SE AZ this weekend for his memorial.

Anyway, I could go for some sort of get together next week. I don't have any cool memberships at the moment but a picnic or a hike with kids could be super great.

J+B = Little G (1/08) and baby S (1/10)
#82 of 240 Old 10-15-2009, 09:08 PM

i saw her i saw her she still exists! haha. i dont' have memberships either so i can only do park type stuff.

ethan's finally feeling better but still kinda fussy. boys it was a very long night and i wish we could have made it to the park. i am hoping to have some babysitter interviews tomorrow and made it for the jacobs park tomorrow so we'll be there from at least 10-12. i am not sure if anyone will show up but the kids need to get out and PLAY!

i totally need to get some alone time though. exh has been back for 5 weeks and has taken the kids of his own accord for approx 24 hours total. i mean really! 24 hrs in 5 weeks! i want a massage or a chiro (i need rec's again i keep forgetting them!) and i wanted to splurge on a nice manicure but not sure how that's going to work. plus i'm pretty sure i should be getting maternity clothes but everything still fits! i just know that one day i'll but up a creek without a paddle all of the sudden and it's going to cost way to much.

hmmm....still have turkey so i guess grilled cheese and turkey sandwhiches on sourdough bread. yum! we'll BE turkey's the next time you see us so be forewarned!
#83 of 240 Old 10-16-2009, 10:56 AM

Becca, I'm sorry about your grandfather. I hope you enjoy honoring him at the memorial. My family is about to move my grandmother in Texas into hospice, so we're sort of preparing for the end for her.

Oh, and I would LOOOVE to do a hike next week! Let me know what days work for you.

Also, everyone, I'd like to host a fall potluck next weekend. Would people be available Saturday or Sunday evening? Jen, do you think you'll still be quarantined? We could put it off a couple weeks.
#84 of 240 Old 10-16-2009, 12:46 PM

hannah~ i will be thinking about you... let me know if you need anything... although, at the moment all i really have to give are the pox.

Becca~miss you!
im sorry about your grandfather becca.

it is very weird for a first pox to be behind the ear. today- she already has sooooo many!!!! they are so ominous looking, ya know?
when new ones pop up i get this feeling of panic and have to keep doing the "talk down"

Sarah- we would love a potluck and i am pretty sure that we should be noncontagious by then.

#85 of 240 Old 10-17-2009, 01:54 AM

I'm sending love and light to everyone and their various issues!

We're in the middle of house renovation hell. We just moved my 91 year old grandmother into a nursing home and we're moving into her house. It's been slowly falling apart for the last 60 years but we're putting it back together bit by bit.
We're aiming to move in next weekend but we'd love to break away for a potluck at some point!

blogging.jpg 
#86 of 240 Old 10-19-2009, 06:05 PM

hey, anyone want to do something outside and free tomorrow morning? Hiking, walking, park, etc.? I'd love to do something desert-y, like a hike easy enough for my little dude and my belly.

Also, I was thinking potluck sat afternoon/evening. is that a good time for folks??

AND, I forgot to share my great joy last week that Rob got a job he really wanted. It is as an installer with a local solar company. It's temporary for now because they don't know how much work they have coming down the line, but have solid work for him for the rest of this year. They have a four-day work week, Mon-Thurs., so I'm more solidly a SAYM those days. This is a big emotional win for us because Rob has wanted to work for them for a while and get into this industry, and he is so excited for the experience. it is also a financial win for us because a steady paycheck is veerrryyyy much needed in our house right now. I celebrated by buying raw milk cheese at the co-op today for the first time in a long time.
#87 of 240 Old 10-19-2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahtdubb View Post
hey, anyone want to do something outside and free tomorrow morning? Hiking, walking, park, etc.? I'd love to do something desert-y, like a hike easy enough for my little dude and my belly.

Also, I was thinking potluck sat afternoon/evening. is that a good time for folks??

AND, I forgot to share my great joy last week that Rob got a job he really wanted. It is as an installer with a local solar company. It's temporary for now because they don't know how much work they have coming down the line, but have solid work for him for the rest of this year. They have a four-day work week, Mon-Thurs., so I'm more solidly a SAYM those days. This is a big emotional win for us because Rob has wanted to work for them for a while and get into this industry, and he is so excited for the experience. it is also a financial win for us because a steady paycheck is veerrryyyy much needed in our house right now. I celebrated by buying raw milk cheese at the co-op today for the first time in a long time.

congrats! thats AWESOME!

we *may* be able to potluck... keira is scabbed up...but we missed the pumpkin patch this past weekend...so we are planning on going this sat... it will depend on what time we get moving.

jared starts his masters program today! we only had one weekend with him free of school and k had the chicken pox. lol

#88 of 240 Old 10-19-2009, 08:07 PM

sarah~ uh a hike for consists of getting into the kitchen and back without being out of breath but we're up for something tomorrow if it involves kids playing. the kids are BORED OUT OF THEIR MINDS being at home all the time. poor things. but i am too and we all want something different i'm sure. i think saterday would be fine but not till at least after 4 or so. i've got my first saterday college class that day and since my ex hasn't taken the kids (he's supposed to watch them on saterday's) for a long time i might take some extra time for ME after class.
#89 of 240 Old 10-20-2009, 12:10 AM

Our plan for the morning is to go to the farmer's market and playground at the food bank, on s. country club. danielle, I can't remember where your new place is so I don't know if it's close to there? Their farmer's market is way cheap and Carter likes to play there.
#90 of 240 Old 10-20-2009, 12:55 AM

FYI everybody, I think this looks like fun:
http://www.allsoulsprocession.org/pr...king-workshops

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page