Playgroup in Tucson 2009 - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#211 of 240 Old 12-16-2009, 11:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have an appointment for Monday. When I made the appt I told them I was referred by you Jen so maybe they'll give you a goodie. Hannah, I'll tell them you sent me too when I go in and maybe they'll do a double goodie. I'm so looking forward to it. I've had such bad back pain this time around I'm hoping it helps that too. I don't think I want this baby to drop anymore right now though, I already feel like I've got a head between my legs.

So, park tomorrow... Gianna had a fever on and off today so I'm going to have to see how she is. But, then of course we won't be going anyway because Jen you're already in labor right now, yeah?

J+B = Little G (1/08) and baby S (1/10)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#212 of 240 Old 12-17-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahtdubb View Post
That's a good idea!! For my bday my mom said I could have a professional massage every month till the baby is born--- maybe I'll trade in my massage for a visit to the chiropractor. Anyone know the optimal time to go? Like, should I wait a couple weeks?
plus, you can get two trips to the chiro for the price of ONE massage. Although, I just had cranial sacral & massage treatment last week and it was so awesome I felt like a fool for not doing it sooner. Its a good idea to see a chiro the whole pregnancy if you can...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaBaby1 View Post
I have an appointment for Monday. When I made the appt I told them I was referred by you Jen so maybe they'll give you a goodie. Hannah, I'll tell them you sent me too when I go in and maybe they'll do a double goodie. I'm so looking forward to it. I've had such bad back pain this time around I'm hoping it helps that too. I don't think I want this baby to drop anymore right now though, I already feel like I've got a head between my legs.

So, park tomorrow... Gianna had a fever on and off today so I'm going to have to see how she is. But, then of course we won't be going anyway because Jen you're already in labor right now, yeah?
i think I am going to need more that one treatment...the baby moved into a really good position after last night, but once again, I woke up and i barely feel any pressure at all. all in good time I suppose

we are heading to the park today.... I think we are aiming to be there around 10ish.

~jen~ )O( mama to k 07/05 o 5/08 and c 12/09
#213 of 240 Old 12-17-2009, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
What time is everyone meeting at the park today? We've got afternoon plans which means the baby HAS to take her nap at noontime. I'm afraid if we go to the park she'll fall asleep in the car and totally mess up her nap schedule. Which translates to we probably can't do park this morning and I would have if it weren't for the rest of the day.

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

#214 of 240 Old 12-17-2009, 12:58 PM

I really want to get OUT today; it would be great to see y'all!

Funny too, b/c I was finally getting ready to make cookies (pseudo-healthy, like carrot cookies, pseudo because still have sugar and flour). But I've been putting off making them because I am mentally protesting the fact that my mom flooded our household with homemade baked goodies. Guess who ate like half of them? So I feel compelled to re-fill the cookie deficit.

But the lure of seeing y'all, especially the preggys...
#215 of 240 Old 12-17-2009, 01:12 PM

we should be there about 10. connor park right? i just can't seem to make the sureness stick on if it's that park! darn brain.
#216 of 240 Old 12-17-2009, 01:47 PM

On our way!

Divorced mama to baby girl (7/5/06) and baby boy (8/5/08) Into anything fun and creative!
#217 of 240 Old 12-23-2009, 11:02 AM

Is Jen still pregnant?!?!

Went to the chiro yesterday--my first time ever! it was cool. my belly looked different when she was done!

Carter was up at 4 am this morning, sigh.

happy holiday season to all!!!
#218 of 240 Old 12-23-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Is Jen still pregnant?!?!

Went to the chiro yesterday--my first time ever! it was cool. my belly looked different when she was done!

Carter was up at 4 am this morning, sigh.

happy holiday season to all!!!

i am

we are thinking christmas baby, since its jareds bday and all.... im getting tad antsy.

i went to the chiro yesterday and signed in under your name! i said, "is sarah still here?" i wasso excited! lol

but you had left....

#219 of 240 Old 12-23-2009, 12:47 PM

awww jen. still comfy though?

ok ladies i am desperate. i need childcare for less than 2 hours TOMORROW for court. i've asked anyone that i know (which isn't much) and no one is available. does anyone want a mini playdate with my kids?! courts at 10 a.m. so i'd have to get them watched from 9:30 to prolly 11
#220 of 240 Old 12-24-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinderliter View Post
awww jen. still comfy though?

ok ladies i am desperate. i need childcare for less than 2 hours TOMORROW for court. i've asked anyone that i know (which isn't much) and no one is available. does anyone want a mini playdate with my kids?! courts at 10 a.m. so i'd have to get them watched from 9:30 to prolly 11
So sorry danielle, but I promised my mom I'd help her out this morning and we couldn't handle two more kids at her place--it's kind of a disaster. I hope you found a solution!!
#221 of 240 Old 12-24-2009, 03:59 PM

I just peeked over at Jen's FB page and she had a baby BOY today!!!! Jen I hope you don't mind me breaking the news.

A huge congratulations and welcome to the world little guy!

#222 of 240 Old 12-24-2009, 04:16 PM

Congrats Jen!!

can't wait until our boys can hang out at the park!
#223 of 240 Old 12-24-2009, 06:03 PM

WOW!!!! a little boy!

YAY!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing, Becca. It's funny, because just this morning I thought "am I going to miss knowing Jen had her baby because I'm not on facebook?!?!" I knew I could count on you!

SO HAPPY! LITTLE BABIES! Oh man, they're playing "silent night" on the radio and now I'm crying.... and trying to imagine Jen with a little boy on her hands...

Ok, Becca, we're next!
#224 of 240 Old 12-24-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:

SO HAPPY! LITTLE BABIES! Oh man, they're playing "silent night" on the radio and now I'm crying.... and trying to imagine Jen with a little boy on her hands...

Ok, Becca, we're next!
Now you're making me cry!

ETA: Get on facebook woman and be my friend!

#225 of 240 Old 12-24-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
I just peeked over at Jen's FB page and she had a baby BOY today!!!! Jen I hope you don't mind me breaking the news.

A huge congratulations and welcome to the world little guy!
of course i dont mind! i was hoping someone would update over here!!!!!
Quote:
WOW!!!! a little boy!

YAY!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing, Becca. It's funny, because just this morning I thought "am I going to miss knowing Jen had her baby because I'm not on facebook?!?!" I knew I could count on you!

Ok, Becca, we're next!
Quote:
Now you're making me cry!

ETA: Get on facebook woman and be my friend!
you guys made me cry!

he is so perfect! 8lbs 8oz 21.5 in born in the caul after 12 hours labor, 12 min pushing @ 10:22a.m.!

#226 of 240 Old 12-24-2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallulahma View Post

he is so perfect! 8lbs 8oz 21.5 in born in the caul after 12 hours labor, 12 min pushing @ 10:22a.m.!

Wow! born in the caul- amazing Jen, congrats

let us know if you need anything. take care
#227 of 240 Old 12-24-2009, 07:55 PM

Awwwwww, I'm so happy Jen!

I almost texted you yesterday saying it felt like the right day...

YAY!!

blogging.jpg 
#228 of 240 Old 12-24-2009, 10:30 PM

congrats jen! happy baby moon and merry xmas and happy bday to your hubby! wow this will be an expensive month for you guys! hehe.
#229 of 240 Old 12-25-2009, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

Congratulations Jen. How exciting to have a little brother.

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

#230 of 240 Old 12-25-2009, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

Happy Birthday Aeron

4 years old today.

We're on our way to Flagstaff to celebrate his birthday. Staying at a hotel with 500 acres of forest and a million Christmas lights strung all over the place. I hope he remembers this birthday.

I woke up today thinking about Christmas morning 4 years ago when I lay in the dark, wondering if I was in labor, listening to Christmas songs about the birth of a blessed boy.

#231 of 240 Old 12-28-2009, 07:16 PM

I am so excited for you, Jenn! Pictures please!!

And Happy birthday Aeron.

Hope to see everybody soon...

Divorced mama to baby girl (7/5/06) and baby boy (8/5/08) Into anything fun and creative!
#232 of 240 Old 12-29-2009, 05:28 PM

So our friends just had a spina bifida baby about a couple weeks ago. She has had two surgeries so far, coded yesterday and pulled through this morning through lots of people rooting for her. I feel so blessed with my two beautiful, perfectly healthy babies, I just can't imagine what these new parents are going through and feel so helpless as far as being a useful friend right now. Mostly just looking to send lots of good vibes, prayers, thoughts their way!

Thankful to have all of the resources and the beautiful friends I have found along the way in my parenting experience!

#233 of 240 Old 12-29-2009, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligeia View Post
So our friends just had a spina bifida baby about a couple weeks ago. She has had two surgeries so far, coded yesterday and pulled through this morning through lots of people rooting for her. I feel so blessed with my two beautiful, perfectly healthy babies, I just can't imagine what these new parents are going through and feel so helpless as far as being a useful friend right now. Mostly just looking to send lots of good vibes, prayers, thoughts their way!

Thankful to have all of the resources and the beautiful friends I have found along the way in my parenting experience!
and to your friends and their baby...and you too. How nice they have such a concerned, helpful, friend in you. I think that means a lot more than people know. I too am so thankful for my kids' health, and when they have had health issues (thankfully not all that serious), having supportive friends around me meant(means) the world, even if they couldn't "do" anything, iykwim.

ayn
#234 of 240 Old 12-29-2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligeia View Post

i will be thinking of you and them

if there is anything we can do...let us know

#235 of 240 Old 12-30-2009, 02:06 AM - Thread Starter

Hannah,

Is this the friends of yours we met at Alina's birthday party? It's amazing how much more "real" this feels having met the parents (I assume it's this couple.)

Please tell them I said congratulations on the birth of their daughter. I am sorry for their difficulties (having worked NICU for 4 years, I know from a nurse's perspective how challenging their time is now. As a mom I can't even fathom what they are going through.) However, I want them to know that the miracle of their child is not lost amongst the challenges.

#236 of 240 Old 12-30-2009, 10:54 AM

Hannah, thinking of you and your friends. I can't imagine what they're going through, but I'm sure it's a comfort for them to know they have caring friends like you and Ian!

And happy belated bday to Aeron! I hope you all had a great trip up to Flagstaff.

And now I'll share a cute story. Carter has been talking more and more about the baby lately (I think being able to see my belly move is making it more real). So yesterday we were in front of the co-op on 4th avenue having a snack and some people walked by with a stroller. Carter noticed the baby inside and I said "Do you think our baby will ride in a stroller like that?" and he said "No! A sling!" haha, he has been indoctrinated into baby wearing at a young age.
#237 of 240 Old 12-30-2009, 01:55 PM

Hi there! Hope you are welcoming new members! I haven't read too many pages back, so there's no way I can catch up (congrats on the new babies!), just thought I'd introduce myself and start here at page 12!

Lived in Tucson most of my life, have a house on the west side, WOH fulltime 4 days a week, have a 7 month old baby girl, 3 dogs, a lovely husband....

I see some of you meet at Carter Park...while I'd love to meet up, seems like you all usually meet when I'm at work. I do hike every Friday morning with a couple of other moms and babies, so if any of you are interested, I'd love to meet you there. We've been meeting at the Camino de Oeste trailhead (off of speedway), do a quick 40 minute hike to the Starr Pass resort, where we get a coffee and hang out and nurse our babies on the terraces outside, and then another slightly longer route back to the trailhead. It really is alot of fun!
#238 of 240 Old 12-30-2009, 02:14 PM

Welcome desertgirl!!

I'm Sarah, I have a 2 year old son and am expecting a new baby in about a month. I am home with Carter M-Th and work on Friday while my husband stays home-- so you and I have opposite work schedules!

The hiking sounds fun... maybe after my baby is born I can join ya'll. For now my son likes to hike on his own, which means we make headway veerrrryyyy slloowwwlly, but it's fun. who knew there were SO MANY sticks to look at in 1/2 mile? Despite my slow little hiker, I'll let my husband know ya'll do that on Fridays, maybe he'll want to join if you don't mind a guy along.

The "playgroup" was meeting rather regularly at Connor Park during the week, but weather, new babies, new jobs, etc., have distracted many of us.
#239 of 240 Old 12-31-2009, 12:42 PM

Welcome Desertgirl!

Park today, anyone? Probably be heading over at tenish...

#240 of 240 Old 01-02-2010, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

I am starting a new thread to keep this a manageable size for mdc. See our brand new 2010 playgroup.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page