If you are making $65,000/yr before taxes in AZ - Mothering Forums
Utah, Arizona > If you are making $65,000/yr before taxes in AZ
frontierpsych's Avatar frontierpsych 06:20 PM 10-02-2009
what is your approximate take home pay? I'm not 'in the know' with all this state tax stuff here, it's a new state and my husband is getting out of the military. I'm trying to plan a rough budget for us in advance since he could be starting in as soon as a month.

valkynlu's Avatar valkynlu 09:55 PM 10-02-2009
It depends on how much you want to be taken out. Below is a website that would be good to look through.

http://www.revenue.state.az.us/FAQS/movingfaqs.htm

What are the withholding rates for Arizona?

"Arizona withholding is required from income received for services performed in Arizona. The Arizona rates are a percentage of federal income tax withheld. The minimum rate is 10% for employees whose annual compensation is less than $15,000. For employees whose compensation is $15,000 or more, the minimum rate is 19% of federal income tax withheld. An employee may also elect a higher percentage of withholding (19%, 23%, 25%, 31%, or 37%). Employees may elect 0% withholding if they had no Arizona tax liability in the prior taxable year and expect to have no state tax liability for the current taxable year."
frontierpsych's Avatar frontierpsych 03:44 AM 10-03-2009
we will have 23% withheld, but that is only on $55,000 of it, the other $10,000 a year is my husband's disabilities payment.
Up