I know I Asked this Before... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-26-2009, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
but can somone talk to me again about midwives in the Safford area? Maybe even all the way to Tucson.

I've been looking into using Billye Matthews. I was under the impression that she was a CPM, but I guess that's not the case. My husband would prefer a CPM, if possible, but if Billye has some good references, then I'm sure he could be persuaded.

Thoughts? Comments?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 10-26-2009, 07:03 PM

Hmmm. Safford's kinda all by itself. I think the next closest to you is Stephanie Fritz out of Sierra Vista. I've heard wonderful things about her. I'm almost positive she's a CPM.

JustJenny and DH of 20 years 

After a 2 year fertility struggle  - Baby girl is here! Jan 8th 2014 

2 Boxer Furbabies Buddha and Tootsie 
#3 of 4 Old 10-27-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandabarugh View Post
but can somone talk to me again about midwives in the Safford area? Maybe even all the way to Tucson.

I've been looking into using Billye Matthews. I was under the impression that she was a CPM, but I guess that's not the case. My husband would prefer a CPM, if possible, but if Billye has some good references, then I'm sure he could be persuaded.

Thoughts? Comments?
Stephanie Fritz is an LM, CPM. Do remember though, it's not credentials that make a midwife (or a doctor for that matter) but it's the whole package, including knowledge and experience. Both Stephanie and Billye were at my birth, Billye being the main midwife, and their knowledge and experience easily blew the CNMs that were with my son's birth out of the water. Billye may "only" be an LM, but her knowledge and her decades of experience very much spoke volumes just in what I learned from her that I never learned from the CNMs I saw for #1.

Either one of them would definitely serve you well....although factoring distance in as well would be wise. Of course, whomever you are comfortable with would be worth any distance. Diane Gregg, another LM whom I've heard wonderful things about is based out of Bisbee, Stephanie is out of Sierra Vista (both of whom would have about an equal distance of travel), Billye is out of Benson (technically the shorter drive of the 3).

There's also Lisa Block-Weiser and Amy Zenizo out of Tucson, Lisa being a CNM (the only HB CNM in the state), I can't remember what AMy's credentials are but I've spoken with her and got the warm fuzzies from her. Meet with any or all of them, ask tons of questions, get references..go with whomever you feel most comfortable with in terms of experience and knowledge, not by credentials alone.

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

#4 of 4 Old 02-04-2010, 01:46 AM - Thread Starter

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to thank you for suggesting Billye to me. She is wonderful! I'm not due until May, but we have been really happy with her level and standard of care.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page