VBAC at Banner Desert? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-25-2009, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone had one there? If so, who was your OB?

I'm not pregnant yet, but hoping to ttc within the next couple months and I do NOT want another section!
#2 of 3 Old 01-08-2010, 03:16 AM

I have NOT had a VBAC...am looking into one. The doc that urged me to consider this has done VBACS at both Chandler Regional and Banner Gateway. I asked her point blank...which facility is better...or more recommended in your professional opinion. She basically said that while Banner is new and sparkly and great...she would recommend Chandler because they have a better nursery, more established EVERYTHING etc. She said just because something is new doesn't mean it's better. Hope that helps and/or makes sense. I'm personally looking at CR after getting her opinion as a doc who does vbacs.
#3 of 3 Old 01-13-2010, 02:51 AM

I took a tour of Banner Desert (not Banner gateway) and asked a similar question - she said it really depends on the dr/ob and that yes they do them but it is really the dr who decides.

For me, I will consider any hospital that has a level III NICU - I just like the added security that if for any reason a newborn needs that level of care it is right there.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page