Salt Lake City chat and meetup 2010 - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#271 of 296 Old 03-29-2011, 08:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks so much for the invite!  It's right in the middle of DS' nap time, so I'm afraid we won't make it this time around.  Unless something goes haywire and he vetoes his nap, which has been known to happen of course.  Oh, and DS is almost 23 months and DD is 6 weeks. 

#272 of 296 Old 04-03-2011, 10:46 PM

Hey Leah sorry I missed it, but thanks for inviting us. I'm not on here very much either. Landon would've loved playing with your kids. I should add you on fb, I'm there a little more than I should be lol. Anyway can you believe all this snow we're getting?! I love it but at the same time I'm ready to be done with it. I know it sounds crazy but we should take our kids to the park to play in the snow. Landon absolutely loves the snow.

I have a question for you guys because I know a lot of you bw. For the summer I wanted to get for dh a ssc like an Ergo or Beco or Borba so we can use on our toddler when we go on hikes. What do you all suggest? I know I should ask the bw forum but I know you all bw here and I wanted to know your responses since I know a lot of you. He loves the mt I gave him and always uses that but he's a little intimidated by the moby that he gave to me (which I love) so I know one of these carriers will also be easier for him to continue to bw. TIA

#273 of 296 Old 04-07-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneCrunchyMama View Post

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and introduce myself.  I'm Jody, mama to 2 little ones, and really wanting to connect with other crunchy mamas, since I can't seem to find many where I live here in Lehi.  I hope I can get to know some of you!  shy.gif

There's a few of us here... even here in Lehi!  I mostly just lurk on this thread, though... but we are here!

#274 of 296 Old 04-10-2011, 09:52 PM

Hi everyone :) I've just joined this site, in hopes that I can find some local friends that don't think I'm as weird for being so "crunchy". I'm Sarah, I have 2 year old Logan, and Luke is 3 weeks old. I would LOVE to attend some LLL meetings, as well as playgroups for my poor Logan who's tired of being locked in the house all day.

I don't know how much I'll be on here, but feel free to add me on Facebook, just let me know you're from here! (Sarah Berrie) I look forward to making new friends/getting to know some more like-minded moms!

#275 of 296 Old 04-12-2011, 07:28 PM

Hi Sarah welcome! I'm Livia and I also have two boys one is two, and the other one five months old and we're always up to making new friends.

Did anyone go to the LLL meeting today? I'm so mad I missed it! I had to run an errand and totally forgot about it. I guess next time I'll be writing it down. Anyway, I don't know what is up with our weather but as soon as it starts to get warmer we should resume our playgroup at the park or at someone's house. My house is always up for playgroups smile.gif.

#276 of 296 Old 04-12-2011, 07:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Maybe we could all go to the zoo or something when it gets warmer! I miss being outside! 

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

#277 of 296 Old 04-13-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lactatinggirl View Post

Maybe we could all go to the zoo or something when it gets warmer! I miss being outside! 

That'd be great! My two year old loooves animals especially horses. He's really afraid of dogs but he loves to feed my IL's neighbor's horses when we go over there. 

#278 of 296 Old 04-14-2011, 12:36 PM

We would love a Zoo playdate! I miss being outdoors too. I've been trying to get us out on walks everyday when its nice, but my neighboorhood gets boring quick.

Livia, we have a Boba and love it. I know Leah loves her Boba as well.

Mama to Xavian, born 11-24-09
#279 of 296 Old 04-14-2011, 11:09 PM

Hi there, I wanted to introduce myself as well. I have lurked on the forums in the past, but am not sure how I never noticed these local subforums. Anyway, I'm Debi and I have a 2 yr old son and we are a non-LDS family living in Orem.

The reason I was compelled to register and post is that I need to find some playmates for my son, and wouldn't mind finding some new friends for myself. I am especially interested in finding a playgroup in Utah County - I have looked around and haven't found anything. My LDS friends tell me there are a lot of playgroups scheduled through their wards, so maybe that's why. Anyway, if anyone has any leads or any kids who want a playdate, please let me know.

#280 of 296 Old 04-15-2011, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavismom View Post

We would love a Zoo playdate! I miss being outdoors too. I've been trying to get us out on walks everyday when its nice, but my neighboorhood gets boring quick.

Livia, we have a Boba and love it. I know Leah loves her Boba as well.

Thanks Melissa, I'm also leaning more towards the Boba for this summer. We got the hang of the mt but AJ prefers to be worn in the wrap on me and on the mt with my husband lol

Hi djorg welcome! I'm LDS and haven't been to a playgroup in my ward. I'm pretty sure there are some, the problem is that we're VERY ap here and I don't like telling people everything we do specially in my community when everyone is very mainstream and does CIO etc (so no support here irl, at least in my community not sure how it is in other areas). Here we've all met once or twice at LLL meeting in Sandy and usually we just chat or ask questions. We are planning on hopefully resuming playgroup once the weather gets better. 

#281 of 296 Old 04-19-2011, 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRmama View Post

I have a question for you guys because I know a lot of you bw. For the summer I wanted to get for dh a ssc like an Ergo or Beco or Borba so we can use on our toddler when we go on hikes. What do you all suggest? I know I should ask the bw forum but I know you all bw here and I wanted to know your responses since I know a lot of you. He loves the mt I gave him and always uses that but he's a little intimidated by the moby that he gave to me (which I love) so I know one of these carriers will also be easier for him to continue to bw. TIA

DD absolutely LOVES the Boba. And it's the only one that DH wears her in now. Honestly, it's pretty much the only one I use now too. DH did wear DD in the SleepyWrap (similar to Moby) when she was a tiny baby because she was one of those ones that we couldn't ever put down and we couldn't wear her in a sling because she had reflux so she always wanted to be vertical. Anyway, whenever DH wore baby DD in the SleepyWrap, I put it on him first. I think he may be more inclined to learn to do it himself when we have another and there's a toddler to chase while holding a baby, YKWIM? Anyway, Boba is great for dads. I think any of those types of carriers would be great for a dad. Look for them used if you'd like to save a bit, but no matter what they're going to be a bit expensive (I saw an Ergo going for $80 used). 

Quote:
Originally Posted by djorg View Post

Hi there, I wanted to introduce myself as well. I have lurked on the forums in the past, but am not sure how I never noticed these local subforums. Anyway, I'm Debi and I have a 2 yr old son and we are a non-LDS family living in Orem.

The reason I was compelled to register and post is that I need to find some playmates for my son, and wouldn't mind finding some new friends for myself. I am especially interested in finding a playgroup in Utah County - I have looked around and haven't found anything. My LDS friends tell me there are a lot of playgroups scheduled through their wards, so maybe that's why. Anyway, if anyone has any leads or any kids who want a playdate, please let me know.

We don't live in Utah County, but we are also not LDS. The downtown LLL has a lot of non-LDS mamas. Specifically the Nursing and Beyond meeting. I love that meeting. That LLL also does a playgroup. 

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

#282 of 296 Old 04-19-2011, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Hey Livia, I love my Boba! My only suggestion would be that you try out a couple of SSCs if you can because they aren't as adjustable and everyone is shaped differently. I'm tallish and have a long torso and no boobs, and I have found that some work and some don't. The Boba was a great fit for me and DD loved it too. I'm looking forward to using it more for hiking this summer. DS rode in it a few times as well, but he's way past the weight limit for it now. Your other option is a woven wrap. I hear great things about them, but they are pricey. I've never tried one myself, but I've seen some beautiful ones. Is it bad that I'm thinking about having another baby so that I can try one out?

Djorg, welcome! wave.gif We're in Draper, so not far from you! We're also non-LDS. We've made a lot of friends at the Sandy LLL meeting. There are a lot of non-LDS members there, a pretty ecclectic mix, really. 

#283 of 296 Old 04-19-2011, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I moved to SLC city, but lived in Orem until just after ds's 1st birthday.  There was a really active AP playgroup I used to go to sometimes, they met 2 or 3 times a week at different parks around Orem/Provo or at different peoples houses if the weather was bad.  I met some of the mamas and got invited at the Provo LLL meeting.  They had a yahoo group but I can't find it now.  I think it was called Utah County AP or something.  Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djorg View Post

Mommy to DS1 July '09 and DS2 Oct '12
#284 of 296 Old 04-19-2011, 04:00 PM

If anyone wants to meet up in Utah County, Farm Country at Thanksgiving point is always an option.  Pretty inexpensive and not quite so far to travel as the zoo for a lot of us.

And there aren't really organized playgroups in my ward, either.  And even if there were, I know I'd feel more comfortable with more AP style mamas.

#285 of 296 Old 04-19-2011, 04:24 PM

I just found and joined "utahvalleyap" on yahoo groups.  Thanks for the tip! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelorum View Post

I moved to SLC city, but lived in Orem until just after ds's 1st birthday.  There was a really active AP playgroup I used to go to sometimes, they met 2 or 3 times a week at different parks around Orem/Provo or at different peoples houses if the weather was bad.  I met some of the mamas and got invited at the Provo LLL meeting.  They had a yahoo group but I can't find it now.  I think it was called Utah County AP or something.  Good luck!

#286 of 296 Old 04-23-2011, 04:10 PM

Thank you everyone for the recommendations for the Boba (sorry can't answer everyone separately, my computer isn't letting me multi quote).

Anyway we're leaning more towards a Boba. There's a site I can't remember what it is off the top of my head but they let you rent slings and wraps and I think ssc's and also cloth diapers to see how you like it etc. We might go that route, anyway he loves the mei tai, and the wrap. Though my baby does better with me when he's in the wrap than a mei tai (Not sure why). And Leah that's not bad at all lol! I wish I knew about somethings like babywearing and cloth diapers and had some of those things before I had kids so that I'd be familiar with them by the time they'd be here.

Quote:
And there aren't really organized playgroups in my ward, either.  And even if there were, I know I'd feel more comfortable with more AP style mamas.

Exactly this, you said exactly what I wanted to say but couldn't think of with two little kids all over me all the time hehe. 

Also I'd be willing to meet up by the point of the mountain once the weather clears up. That's not very far from us. Also I think the only place that has animals other than the zoo is at the Gardner's Village, but not sure if that part is opened yet since it's still kind of cold. Anyway I want to take him to see some horses since that's his new obsession, (besides our vaccum).

#287 of 296 Old 04-23-2011, 07:03 PM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:

I just found and joined "utahvalleyap" on yahoo groups.  Thanks for the tip! 

Yup, that's the one!

Mommy to DS1 July '09 and DS2 Oct '12
#288 of 296 Old 04-24-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:

If anyone wants to meet up in Utah County, Farm Country at Thanksgiving point is always an option.  Pretty inexpensive and not quite so far to travel as the zoo for a lot of us.

We could always do both. Personally, I probably wouldn't go that far (live near Ogden, so the zoo is already quite a drive). So possibly two different meetings? It seems like a lot of people live further South than Salt Lake, but there are some on this thread that are more in the Salt Lake area too. 

#289 of 296 Old 04-24-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRmama View Post

Also I think the only place that has animals other than the zoo is at the Gardner's Village, but not sure if that part is opened yet since it's still kind of cold. Anyway I want to take him to see some horses since that's his new obsession, (besides our vaccum).

There's Wheeler Farm too. 

#290 of 296 Old 04-27-2011, 12:22 AM

Almost forgot about Wheeler Farm! I definitely want to take ds there. 

#291 of 296 Old 04-27-2011, 10:23 AM

Hi, I am Brandy I have an almost 5 yr old son Kyler, and I live in West Valley. I also go to SLCC for one more semester anyway, and I work at the Salt Lake International Airport. I would love to meet other Mama's here in Salt Lake if I can fit it into my schedule.

Brandy; Mother to Aspen (7/1996) and Ky (5/2006) and partner to Ryan

#292 of 296 Old 04-27-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KayCSmommy View Post

Hi, I am Brandy I have an almost 5 yr old son Kyler, and I live in West Valley. I also go to SLCC for one more semester anyway, and I work at the Salt Lake International Airport. I would love to meet other Mama's here in Salt Lake if I can fit it into my schedule.

What's your major? I just finished at SLCC last year. Now I go to Weber. 

#293 of 296 Old 05-09-2011, 04:46 PM

After LLL tomorrow, I'm going to eat lunch at Cita Bella just down the street (cute little place that has awesome paninis and gelato!) if anyone would like to join us! Claire loves their ravioli :) It will probably be our last LLL meeting, since it looks really good that we will be moving to California soon.

Mama to my little social butterfly 6/13/09

#294 of 296 Old 05-10-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfairbabies View Post

After LLL tomorrow, I'm going to eat lunch at Cita Bella just down the street (cute little place that has awesome paninis and gelato!) if anyone would like to join us! Claire loves their ravioli :) It will probably be our last LLL meeting, since it looks really good that we will be moving to California soon.

Oh man so wish I was there.  How was it today? I was out running errands today and forgot. Anyway is that place any good? I loove gelatos (could seriously eat them all dayl).

I'm happy and sad you're moving (happy because I know you like it there, you lived there before moving here right?) Are you moving to the same part of California that you lived at? My little brother just moved here from there (northridge)

We'll miss you guys. 

#295 of 296 Old 08-09-2011, 07:13 AM

Hey everyone how's it going? I'm just wondering if LLL in Sandy today is at the usual place or at the park. I went to their website and it mentioned something about the meetings being at the park now, but I couldn't tell if it was just for July or if it's for August as well. Thanks :)

#296 of 296 Old 08-09-2011, 08:44 AM

Never mind I can't go, my dh took my son's carseat :(. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page