Salt Lake City chat and meetup 2010 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-12-2010, 02:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey Rachel we'll be there too around ten. I'll have Landon in dark red and blue striped sweater. He's really blonde and brown eyes and I'm brunette.

So is anyone else coming?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2010, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

DH is coming home for lunch today, so I don't think we'll make it. Wish we could now that everyone is going!

Try again next week. DS has had too much to do this week anyway and is having pretty bad anxiety.

Hey, with the weather like it's been, would anyone want to meet up at the park for a walk next week?
Old 02-12-2010, 04:39 PM

Rachel, sorry we must've missed each other. I got there with Landon at ten thirty. He enjoyed going there with me but then after a while started getting fussy so I left. I wish I had earplugs he cried all the way home. Of course he is now sleeping. Little stinker.

Leah, if the weather permits (*fingers crossed*) I'd love to meet up with you at the park for a walk.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRmama View Post
Rachel, sorry we must've missed each other. I got there with Landon at ten thirty. He enjoyed going there with me but then after a while started getting fussy so I left. I wish I had earplugs he cried all the way home. Of course he is now sleeping. Little stinker.
Hmmm...we were there until almost 11. Tamsin was the little girl in a silver tutu skirt repeatedly trying to make a break for it. Maybe next time.

Semi-crunchy Mama to three happy, healthy girls - T(6/08), A (12/10) and B (12/10)
Old 02-12-2010, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

So, DH wasn't really coming home for lunch today, he brought my ILs over to watch the kids and we went out to lunch. He said it was "early Valentines". He really surprised me this year. I wasn't even dressed when ILs showed up!

Anywho, maybe Tue next week for walking?
Old 02-13-2010, 02:21 PM

Rachel- I wasn't there very long since Landon started getting fussy. Anyway yeah maybe next time.

Leah Tuesday should work fine for us just name the time and place

So we're back to having sleepless nights here. Dh wants to try CIO and as a result Landon does not sleep at all. Just gets more frustrated and I end up putting him to sleep! Ugh
Old 02-13-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InMediasRes View Post
So, DH wasn't really coming home for lunch today, he brought my ILs over to watch the kids and we went out to lunch. He said it was "early Valentines". He really surprised me this year. I wasn't even dressed when ILs showed up!
That's so cute Leah! We're actually going to celebrate it when we go to Vegas not this coming week but the next. It'll be our sixth aniversary of our first date

Happy Valentines Day everyone
Old 02-14-2010, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Wow, 6 years! The time flies by, huh? We're having our 4th wedding anniversary this June.

Jane turns 1 in 2 weeks. Ah!

I'll let you know on Tue. I may have to call you in case I post here and you don't get to it. Can you PM me your number? I know you have mine, but I don't think I have yours...
Old 02-15-2010, 07:29 PM

Wow Leah congratulations on your fourth wedding anniversary. Yeah I have no idea where time went lol. And how awesome Jane turning one in two weeks! I'll be doing a party for landon in April when we get back from our trip and hopefully settle down in our new house.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:08 AM

Oh freakin A', I forgot about walking. I still want to walk! But not outside, because it decided to be cold again. Dangit.

So I know I said swimming come hell or high water... and I should have added church in there too. My church has thrown together a playgroup meeting on Friday and I'm going to try to go and see what it's like. SO, Toby and I are now going swimming on Wednesday. At 11. At the Lehi pool. I will try to check back here to see if anyone else is coming but no pressure, unless people would rather go swimming on Friday afternoon then I guess we could do that. I don't care, but I am going swimming this week dangit. I WANT TO SWWIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMM.

That is all.

Kris - married to Nate since 12/06, mom to Toby since 1/08. Also servant to two felines. Done having babies for medical reasons.

Old 02-16-2010, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Argh! So it's pretty awesome that the kids keep ruining our chances of meeting up with anyone.

Andrew woke up with fever and coughing last night, congestion and fever this morning. I guess we got lucky til now, this is our first sickness of cold season.

Sorry, Livia. I really wanted to go walk, but I don't want to expose you to anything, and it's also pretty chilly out for a sick kid. Catch you next time!

Hopefully this is just like his normal course of illness and he'll be mostly better tomorrow.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:52 PM

No problem Leah those things happen when you have kids.It's good that it's your first cold season. I hope Andrew feels better. Either way last night was one of those nights and I was the lucky one waking up for Landon. In fact he's still sleeping and I'm kind of wondering if I should go wake him up or let him sleep. Yeah next time just call or text me whichever and sending good vibes your kiddo's ways.

Kris, we wont be able to go swimming at all this week. Friday I have to go get Landon's passport all the way in downtown and have no idea how long it'll take. Wednesday I have to go get his ssn so have no idea how long that'll take either. (He had a ssn when he was born but the idiots at the hospital never told me or sent us his card) . Anyway have fun swimming.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:04 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

SSN shouldn't take very long. When I got my new one after my name change, the wait was only about 45min from start to finish.

Still haven't done the DMV yet. That is one I am really dreading. I hope some nice people want a jumpy 3yo in their DL pictures .
Old 02-17-2010, 03:31 AM

Word. We aren't going after all - a good friend miscarried her baby yesterday and so I am taking her 3 year old for a little while. I thought about still going swimming but I am too nervous to take 2 kids to a pool. We are going to the library for story-time and then to Burger King for lunch and playing in their play-place.

Swimming will have to wait for another week or so.

Kris - married to Nate since 12/06, mom to Toby since 1/08. Also servant to two felines. Done having babies for medical reasons.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

We're going to the library for story time tomorrow at 1:15 and will be walking at the park afterward. The kids both need fresh air and I need to see....anyone....because we have been pent up in our house for a week and a half. The kids seem to be feeling mostly better, but they still have runny noses, so I don't want to be in close quarters with anyone and get more kiddos sick. This cold hasn't been bad, but it's just lingering forever!

Then on Friday, I think we will be going to B&N for hot chocolates and to play with the train. Monday is Jane's b-day, so would anyone be up for coming over on Friday the 5th to celebrate? I don't know if we'll do cake because I don't want to overload the kids with sugar for the week, but we could do other nummy stuff.

Anyone?
Old 02-24-2010, 07:04 PM

Hey Leah normally I'd love to be there with you guys, but we're in Vegas right now. I used to take Landon to the Murray library for story time and he looved it but it's over. They're taking a break for now. Anywyay this trip has been somewhat fun but more distressful than anything. Landon has been throwing up for the past two days and as a result doesn't want anything to eat . Anyway we'd love to come on the 5th to celebrate with Jane. How exciting! (Btw does b&n have trains too? Just wondering Landon loooves anything on wheels lol)

Also in other good news we finally got our house !!! I'm so excited and it's nice to know that all the packing we've been doing was worthed it.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:59 AM

Toby and I are tentatively in for the 5th. I swear I had something going but I can't remember to save my life, so I'll let you know for sure by Monday. Dang brain, it is getting too old.

It's been so cold lately! Leah, have you been walking in the mall?

I took Brody (friend's 3 year old) and Toby to an indoor playground on Monday. It was one of those places with big inflatable toys. We went on short notice so I didn't think to call anyone. But it was PRICEY anyway, and Toby had no idea what was going on, so I don't think we'll go back there for a looong time. Yikes. I do not like $15 for 2 kids under 4, no I do not.

Old 02-26-2010, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

So anyone want to come do stuff with me today?

Has anyone been to Red Balloon Toys in Sandy? That place is awesome! It's the biggest toy store I've found in Utah. They have a train table, a dollhouse table, a marble track, and a race car track all set up for the kids to play with. They have an ENTIRE WALL of Playmobil and another whole wall of Schliech/Safari animals and parts, including castles and catapults for the knights they make. I wanted to stay and play forever. We should go sometime. The little old lady who runs it is super sweet.

Kris, if your brain is getting too old, I'm in trouble. I think I'm older than you.

I haven't been walking at the mall because we've been sick all week, but I'd love to start next week if someone is interested in being my walking buddy.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:40 AM

ARGH, I am sick AGAIN.

But I am willing to go walking at the mall, at least for a little while. Let me know if/when you're going, Leah, and I'll meet you there. Possibly. (coughhackblargh)

Old 03-01-2010, 05:33 PM

Hey Leah, this is Brie. Claire has a doc appt by your house tomorrow at noon. It's supposed to be nice out, do you want to go for a walk? We've been sick for the last 1 1/2 weeks, and still have the after cough going on, but I don't think we're contagious or anything. Let me know what you think! Anyone else is welcome to join!

ETA: Happy Birthday to Jane! It's also my niece Jane's 1st b-day!

Mama to my little social butterfly 6/13/09

Old 03-02-2010, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Yay! Brie, that would be great! I'll PM you my address. Anyone else is welcome to come.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:35 PM

Hi, how's everyone doing? We just got back from Brazil and barely moved. We're in Riverton now!!! I'm soooo excited, anyway and now that's been getting warmer we'll have to finally meet up. Hope everyone is doing great! I thought I'd bump this thread so we can all catch up on what we've been up to lately.

I loved going to Brazil but I'm happy to be back. Plus traveling with a baby/toddler is not fun. He's walking now. I need a vacation just from that lol. Anyway now that the weather is clearing up anyone want to meet up?
Old 04-07-2010, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Hello hello! How are you Livia? I hope your move and travels weren't too stressful. Jane is walking now too and all over the place. She and Andrew have so much fun chasing each other all over the house. This age is so much fun.

We are totally up to meeting. The park is such a great place for us because Andrew can run and be crazy. We could do Murray park sometime soon. When it gets nicer, there's a pretty good water park in Herriman, shouldn't be too far from you, Livia.

We have a commitment on Thursdays now, so probably Wed or Friday work the best for us. Mornings are always easier, but we can meet in the afternoon too.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:48 PM

That's great that Jane is walking Leah! Forgot to mention Landon got sick with a cold and an ear infection. He feels better and he can finally breathe through his nose even though he is still a little congested nothing too worrisome, so getting out would do a world of good for us. Plus I've got exciting news.........
I'm pregnant!!!! Yeah right now I am still in the whole morning sickness lasting all day stage so one more reason to get out of the house. Any day is fine for us. Oh and I find that if I am eating like every twenty minutes I can keep it under control and not throw up lol. Anyway I am so excited for spring and meeting at the park. I think next week would be good.

Next week on the 17th I am doing a small birthday party for Landon since we're somewhat settled down. Leah you should come with your kids and Kris you should too. It'll be at three thirty at my house in the backyard. I'll pm you guys my address later.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Whew! I haven't been back to this thread for a while. BRmama! Congrats! That is so exciting! Have you decided where to birth yet? I might glom onto some of your info because we're thinking about #3 soon and I don't have anyone yet.

I wish the stupid weather would make up its mind. Every morning we check outside and say "Yep, we're going to the park today!" and by the time we're all ready, the wind is blowing so hard that we don't want to go. It's driving me batty!
Old 04-21-2010, 03:54 PM

Thanks Leah! Yeah I know what you mean about the weather. Anyway, I'm having morning sickness after morning sickness and it's driving me insane! The first and last trimester of pregnancy are the worst. Well I went to the Riverton Hospital and I didn't like it that much. I mean it was nice but I didn't like the ob too much. My chiropractor who is in Murray is going to gather a bunch of names of midwives that she knows and ob's that support natural birthing for me, so as soon as I have that Leah I'll pass it on to you. I'll probably be birthing up there somewhere in Murray.
Oh to add on to the morning sickness and fatigue, my son's molar is coming in. So we've been having sleepless nights around here lol. I'm just glad my parents moved back from California to work here. Anyway wow it's been a while since I've been in this thread too. I'm gonna stop before I start typing jibbirish from lack of sleep. Good luck Leah I hope you get what you want soon
Old 05-17-2010, 12:48 AM

Hey everyone! I havent posted in here for a few months, but I wanted to check in! My little guy is going to be 6 months soon, and we just moved further south to Sandy.

BRMama, is your Chiro by chance Christina?

To the Mamas here planning a natural birth in SLC, I had a really great one at the U.

Mama to Xavian, born 11-24-09
Old 05-19-2010, 09:35 PM

hi there! i'm not new to the salt lake area, though its been AWHILE since i've posted. i have been super busy with my career, but am currently on medical leave and actually feeling fair most days. i was wondering if anyone has older kids? my boys are 12 and 7, tho my 7 year old is a very young 7 and a little delayed. also worth a mention, both boys are deaf (i am not) and we are a signing family, though my guys always find a way to get on with anyone regardless of communication methods. my little LOVES babies and small children, but my oldest is in the wierd pre teen stage. the boys are home early on fridays at 2 pm, so those are or best days, if anyone is interested in meeting up.

pEaCe LoViNg, iNk AdDiCTeD, cOmPaSsIoNaTe RN To MaNy, AtTaChEd mAmA To Cj 11yR, e 6yR, aNd , WiFe To Rj FoR 10yR
Old 06-09-2010, 10:07 PM

Hey everyone sorry it's been a while since I posted here .

Xavismom, yeah that's her! Do you go there too? She's sooooo awesome! I need to go back to her but since we've moved and I've been very fatigued from this pregnancy I haven't been back. I am a little scared of natural birth only because I had a placenta abruption with my first, but I still would loooove to have a natural birth with this one. I just have no idea how to even find midwives lol. I know dr. Christina was going to refer me to a few so like I said I need to go there soon especially because I don't like my ob.

Hey mamabeetle, my son is only 16 months but he loves kids. Since it's just me and him at home anytime he sees especially older kids he'll run and play with them.

Hey Leah how's it going? What you guys been up to? Now that Landon is walking he doesn't stop one minute! He's slowly picking up English since we speak Portuguese but I'm amazed at how much English he understands. So as a result his wording gets a little mixed up but his dr. said that's normal for billingual kids
Old 06-09-2010, 10:44 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Hey BRmama! How are you feeling?

We're doing really well. We've had a really good few months with Andrew. He's matured a lot and is handling things really well right now. He even sleeps part of the night in his own room! I thought it would never happen. Jane is walking everywhere and starting to say quite a lot of words. She's sleeping pretty terribly, but is otherwise incredibly cute all the time . Her latest milestone is going diaper free during the day and I am so thrilled! She's done amazingly well with EC and I can't believe how easy it is now.

That's great that Landon is learning so fast. I know that bilingual kids often take until 3-3.5 to start speaking really well.

We should get together soon. We've been keeping busy, but we're free Mon, Wed, and Fri most weeks.

User Tag List