Salt Lake City chat and meetup 2010 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 296 Old 07-27-2010, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ooh, I wanted to do that soon! Wanna meet there?
#122 of 296 Old 07-27-2010, 10:04 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

I have heard that the Ergo isn't great for odler babies because the back isn't very high. I saw several people with older babies in Ergos on our trip, and it seemed comfy, but I like my Boba a lot. SOmething I am finding about it though is that it gets more comfy with wear, so I think it probably will need some breaking in if you buy it new.

That's awful when they fall asleep all uncomfy like that. I've had some times where my kids fell asleep on my arm or something and I eventually had to wake them to move them to something more comfy.
#123 of 296 Old 07-28-2010, 12:00 AM

Can I come? I mean I'm not bf'ing yet because I'm still pregnant. I've never been to that library but I hear it's huge inside.
#124 of 296 Old 07-28-2010, 12:02 AM

I plan on going to the library some time next week, not sure when. My friend told me that there is a picture of me nursing my dd hanging up at the breastfeeding booth right now! So I HAVE to go see it Lol, not sure how they got it but I think it's cool.

Livia, it's available for EVERYONE! No need to be a nursing mom, it's not a big event, just a display in the common area (I think). Check it out http://breastfeedingcafe.wordpress.com/

Mama to my little social butterfly 6/13/09

#125 of 296 Old 07-28-2010, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Livia, I went last year and it was really cool. It's just a room and they have toys and people volunteering (like LCs, LLL leaders and the like) to answer any questions or just talk to you about breastfeeding. It's really about advocacy, so definitely go and show your support if you're interested.

Last year they had some really gorgeous professional breasfeeding photos on display. I wish I knew who the photographer was because I would love to have some done.
#126 of 296 Old 07-30-2010, 02:32 PM

I am for sure going I LOVE the downtown library.

Quote:
Last year they had some really gorgeous professional breasfeeding photos on display. I wish I knew who the photographer was because I would love to have some done.
I want some done too! We had some really amazing newborn photos done for announcements and other things, but it didnt occur to me (crazy PP mindset) to ask her to do nursing photos, wish I would have now. I'm hoping we can afford to go back to her for 1 yr photos, and if we do I am def doing some nursing ones.

Our photographer was http://www.heatherbrownphotography.com/
Xavian has two photos in the newborn portfolio slideshow The second one in the group (black background, head and hands resting in his daddys hands) and the 2nd to last photo (in a little basket with a sheepskin, love his little newborn bum )

Mama to Xavian, born 11-24-09
#127 of 296 Old 07-30-2010, 03:41 PM

Here are mine! http://www.atmothersbreast.com/2010_04_01_archive.html :

Also, next week there is a fundraiser for LLL and one of the leaders is doing nursing photos. Check it out here http://www.lllofmurray.blogspot.com/ or here http://www.bosoms-and-babes.blogspot.com/

#128 of 296 Old 07-30-2010, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfairbabies View Post

Also, next week there is a fundraiser for LLL and one of the leaders is doing nursing photos. Check it out here http://www.lllofmurray.blogspot.com/ or here http://www.bosoms-and-babes.blogspot.com/
Those are amazing!!! So gorgeous! Love the one where she is reaching up to your face, I LOVE when my DS does that during nursing, it just makes me melt.

I just RSVP'd for this, I am so excited

#129 of 296 Old 07-31-2010, 12:34 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Awwwww, Xavismom! He's so adorable! I can't wait to meet him.

Watching that slide show made me want more babies :sniff

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfairbabies View Post

I just came here to post this! I'm so psyched for it. Which one did you guys RSVP for? I can't decide if I want indoor or outdoor pics.

And Brie, yours are beautiful. Was Claire pretty cooperative for them? I'm worried that the only thing the photographer will be able to get is photos of Jane whining and signing "more" for the camera. She just can't be bothered to nurse if there's cool stuff to see.
#130 of 296 Old 07-31-2010, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InMediasRes View Post
I just came here to post this! I'm so psyched for it. Which one did you guys RSVP for? I can't decide if I want indoor or outdoor pics.

And Brie, yours are beautiful. Was Claire pretty cooperative for them? I'm worried that the only thing the photographer will be able to get is photos of Jane whining and signing "more" for the camera. She just can't be bothered to nurse if there's cool stuff to see.
If we go, it'll be on the 4th. We have family coming into town the next day.

Oh, and I was surprised we got any of her nursing at all! Every time the camera made a sound, Claire popped off and looked at the photographer

#131 of 296 Old 07-31-2010, 03:12 AM

Heh, I am wondering about this too! Xavian is a major busy-bee, and must see what each sound he hears is. Nursing is sometimes quite the test of patience!

I havent quite decided yet what day I'm going either!

Quote:
Awwwww, Xavismom! He's so adorable! I can't wait to meet him.
Xavi doesnt even look like the same baby now He had a headfull of dark auburn curls until about 4 mo, then it mostly fell out and he was almost bald, then it started growing back in straight and blonde, so he was patchy for a while with some long auburn, and some short blonde, and now its all kind of a dark golden color, and starting to curl again. People think he is a girl ALL THE TIME lol. Even when he is wearing obviously (to me anyways) boy clothes. Just this week I have had 3 people say he was a pretty baby girl, and one lady say he was 'pretty enough to be a girl'. Boys cant be pretty I guess? Kinda funny, I just say Thanks!! and move on.

#132 of 296 Old 07-31-2010, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

OH crap crap crap! I totally forgot that I am going out of town over the next LLL meeting.

Would it be okay to meet sometime next week for everyone to meet and try out my BW stuff? I really want to help you guys out (and finally meet!) so could we do a park date or something? I'm free for some time on Mon, Tue is open, Wed partly open.

But DO go to LLL, you two. It's about EBF and weaning on the 10th.

I'm out of town Aug 7-15.
#133 of 296 Old 07-31-2010, 03:38 PM

Bummer! We will for sure need to plan something then, I'd really like to meet you too

#134 of 296 Old 07-31-2010, 04:14 PM

I'm good Mon or Tue!

#135 of 296 Old 08-01-2010, 02:31 AM

I'm probably going to go to the Breastfeeding Cafe tmrw (Sunday) and check it out, its much easier for me to go places on the weekend since DH and I are sorta sharing my vehicle right now! I'm excited!

I also RSVPd for the Wednesday/Murray Park photo sessions. I'll prob be there later in the day, around 6 or so.

#136 of 296 Old 08-01-2010, 04:40 PM

I dont think I can make it to the LLL meeting now either

My husband has been remodeling our family room since we moved into this house a few months ago, but its been dragging along, and now he started a new job with longer hours, so we are hiring someone to just come and get it finished. So I have to be home while he's here working on the room this week.

I am excited to finally have this room finished, and not have a house full of dust and everything else that goes with remodeling anymore.

#137 of 296 Old 08-01-2010, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Oh, sorry, Xavismom. But at least it will be done and out of the way.

Xavismom, can you do Tue? I think I'm going to do the Thu BF cafe fundraiser, and I may not make it to the actual cafe until after we get home. I'll try this week, but I'm not sure I'll make it. We're pretty busy getting ready for our trip.

We're staying in a cabin on the beach on the Oregon coast .
#138 of 296 Old 08-02-2010, 02:02 PM

Hey guys sorry I've been mia, we went camping to the uintahs this past weekend so no internet.

We'll probably go to the breastfeeding cafe tomorrow, or wednesday, today is laundry day since Landon absolutely loved playing in the dirt so much while camping lol.

Leah Tues is okay for us too,( btw thanks for doing this) which park did you want to meet and what time were you thinking? Basically anytime works for us. Landon only takes one nap in the middle of the day.

Brie those pics are sooo cute! Claire looks like a little doll! Are you still going to LLL this month? I can't wait, I'm so excited!

Xavismom I hope you get your remodeling done, we'll be remodeling here very soon too and I just know my son will have lots of fun with getting into everything . Anyway your son is sooo cute! Those are really cute pictures of him.
#139 of 296 Old 08-03-2010, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Okay, my good times are today at 2:30ish, or right now (10AM), or tomorrow at 9AM. What works for everyone? I suppose I could also go Friday, but we're going to be crazy trying to get out of the house for our trip.
#140 of 296 Old 08-03-2010, 01:02 PM

I'm going to the Breastfeeding Cafe at the Library today in the afternoon, and am booked up the rest of the week. We're taking trax up, should be fun!

#141 of 296 Old 08-03-2010, 06:30 PM

Hey guys, Landon just barely woke up from his nap (he usually wakes up around now and four). Leah I can do tomorrow at nine if you want since we're all early risers around here.

Brie that sounds like fun!
#142 of 296 Old 08-03-2010, 06:36 PM

I wish I could go I'm stuck at home because of the remodel.

#143 of 296 Old 08-03-2010, 08:20 PM

Leah we can also try your bw stuff when you get back from your trip if it's easier (either way we're still going to the park if anyone wants to come). I still need to find my ringsling (I hate to say it but we still have stuff in boxes that needs to be unpacked from when we moved in ). I'm just now able to do it since I'm not feeling sick anymore.

Xavismom, maybe you can come to the LLL meeting in Sept. We could also meet before then.

BTW not sure how many of you sew, but I was looking through one of my quilting books and found a pattern for a ringsling if anyone is interested, I can make copies.
#144 of 296 Old 08-04-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
BTW not sure how many of you sew, but I was looking through one of my quilting books and found a pattern for a ringsling if anyone is interested, I can make copies.
I can sew a little. I used to be a lot better when I was in highschool, I made a lot of my own clothes. I was going to make a ringsling a few months ago, and I ordered some rings, I should hunt them down! I'm much more obsessed with knitting lately though, do any of you knit?

#145 of 296 Old 08-04-2010, 04:17 PM

Quote:
I'm much more obsessed with knitting lately though, do any of you knit?
I used to when I was younger. I still have my yarn and needles but I haven't gone back to it. Right now I'm doing quilts which btw takes longer but I do miss knitting, I need to get back to it.
#146 of 296 Old 08-04-2010, 06:22 PM

I always wanted to learn to quilt! Maybe we'll have to get together for some crafting.

I've been knitting soakers that I'm going to try to sell on Etsy, and toys for Xavian. I actually just got a big box of yarn that I ordered today to make these toys:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/fuzzymitten

So cute I'm starting with the Lamb and the Pug first.

#147 of 296 Old 08-05-2010, 02:02 AM

Xavismom those are really cute knit toys. Yeah we'll definitely have to get together to quilt and knit. Depending on the quilt you do it's really easy, just time consuming.
#148 of 296 Old 08-05-2010, 11:41 AM

We had our breastfeeding portraits done yesterday by Timbra for the LLL fundraiser. She is SO nice!! I really liked her a lot.

The girl I was best friends with all through jr high and highschool (and now lives in Indiana) is in town. I dont have any siblings, so she is the closest thing I have to a sister. She came too, and I was able to meet her 4 mo DS for the first time. Shes going to the Cafe with me next week. What days are you guys thinking you may go?

Quote:
Xavismom those are really cute knit toys. Yeah we'll definitely have to get together to quilt and knit. Depending on the quilt you do it's really easy, just time consuming.
I would really like that, its something I've always wanted to try.

#149 of 296 Old 08-08-2010, 02:20 PM

Xavismom that's great that you got to meet your friend's son. I am not sure when we are gonna go this week. Tuesday is the LLL meeting, I'm so excited to go!
#150 of 296 Old 08-09-2010, 02:57 AM

Hi, my name is Georgene and I live in Roy. I just found this site today and am loving it. I have a 16 year old and a 6 month old. I know! Was having some heartbreak over having to find a new Dr. because I am delaying vaccination with my baby and to make a long story short the Ped that I have loved and talked up gave me a tongue lashing Friday.

Anyway, looking for a new Dr. and also any new friends.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page