Salt Lake City chat and meetup 2010 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 296 Old 12-13-2010, 04:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm planning on being there.  Breastfeeding might be a part of your being tired, although you do still have a newborn and it's totally normal to be tired (especially since you have a toddler too).  Make sure you're eating enough and rest when you can (though I know the advice is much easier to say than do).

#242 of 296 Old 12-14-2010, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambishop19 View Post

I'm planning on being there.  Breastfeeding might be a part of your being tired, although you do still have a newborn and it's totally normal to be tired (especially since you have a toddler too).  Make sure you're eating enough and rest when you can (though I know the advice is much easier to say than do).

Thanks Megan, yeah some days are harder than others lol but I just keep repeating in my head they'll be friends in the future on those hard days. Anyway my dh needed my car today so I'll be going next month  :(. Hopefully by then we'll really have bf down. He does really good but we're going through some cluster feedings in the evenings along with the fussiness. 

#243 of 296 Old 12-17-2010, 10:37 AM

I missed the meeting, though I was planning on attending  =(

Xavi has had a mild ear infection, and was having a tooth breaking through on top of it, and we were up til 4 am that morning.

Livia, I remember being totally exhausted for the first 2 or 3 months. All I did pretty much was lay in the bed with Xavian. I dont know if thats normal though, since I had 2 bad hemmorhages. I'm sure all the blood loss had a lot to do with it.

Mama to Xavian, born 11-24-09
#244 of 296 Old 12-20-2010, 01:43 AM

Aw, we should totally have another one! =D

~Rose

#245 of 296 Old 12-22-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavismom View Post

I missed the meeting, though I was planning on attending  =(

Xavi has had a mild ear infection, and was having a tooth breaking through on top of it, and we were up til 4 am that morning.

Livia, I remember being totally exhausted for the first 2 or 3 months. All I did pretty much was lay in the bed with Xavian. I dont know if thats normal though, since I had 2 bad hemmorhages. I'm sure all the blood loss had a lot to do with it.

Man that's tough, I hope he feels better. You sound like how I am. Anyway since I was nursing the bleeding stopped but because of the dosage of the blood thinners that I have to be on it started again. To top it off my mom, my dh, and Landon are sick lol. So yeah all I want to do is sleep or just lay down. Anyway I'm just counting my blessings that the baby and I are fine. Someone needs to be well to take care of everyone :)

Rose, we go to the LLL once a month every month but yeah we should all meet up sometime next month after the holidays :).

#246 of 296 Old 01-01-2011, 07:53 AM

Hi I'm Meg, mom to a darling 2 1/2 year old daughter and baby on the way. We live in the 9th & 9th with our dog and 3 chickens. Do any of you happen to have recommendations for midwives who do home births? Thanks!

#247 of 296 Old 01-01-2011, 09:38 AM

I really like Becky McInnis! She runs the Utah Birth Center but she also does homebirths. http://www.utahbirthcenter.com/

She's my midwife, I'm due in August.  I live in West Jordan, right by the I-15 and 215 interchange.

~Rose

#248 of 296 Old 01-01-2011, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseRedHoofbeats View Post

I really like Becky McInnis! She runs the Utah Birth Center but she also does homebirths. http://www.utahbirthcenter.com/

She's my midwife, I'm due in August.  I live in West Jordan, right by the I-15 and 215 interchange.

~Rose

Whaaat!? I didnt know, that is awesome!! I'm even more excited to see you and the LO today now!

Welcome Meg  =)  I love the 9th & 9th area so much, I wish I still lived in that area. I'm also jealous you have chickens, I'm trying to talk my DH into getting some =)

#249 of 296 Old 01-01-2011, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Oh I wish I had chickens! :-P

I'm Claire and I live in Roy, but I go to Salt Lake frequently because I used to live down there. Actually, starting this Thursday I'll be down every single Thursday all day for at least a couple of months. We're doing Music Together at Imagination Place (or Nursing and Beyond La Leche League) and then waiting until the evening when we meet up with my friend so I can take her daughter home with us while she goes to class. So if anyone wants to meet up on Thursdays we would be more than happy to.

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

#250 of 296 Old 01-01-2011, 06:30 PM

How is Music Together?  How much is it?  We did a month at Gymboree ( got it cheap from Groupon), and Brayden loved it but it was too expensive to continue.

Along the same lines, does anyone know of tumbling-like play classes that start at 18 months?  Gymboree did one, but it was too much.  My rec center does one but they have to be 2.

#251 of 296 Old 01-01-2011, 09:05 PM

Music Together is great. Sadly, it's pretty expensive. It's 185 for 10 weeks. The good thing is that if you're financially strapped, you can apply for a scholarship. We did that before my husband graduated and got it down to about 100 per session, but now that we're not as poor, we have to pay the full amount. We almost didn't continue because of how expensive it is, but Peanut absolutely loves it, so we decided it's worth it. 

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

#252 of 296 Old 01-02-2011, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lactatinggirl View Post

Oh I wish I had chickens! :-P

I'm Claire and I live in Roy, but I go to Salt Lake frequently because I used to live down there. Actually, starting this Thursday I'll be down every single Thursday all day for at least a couple of months. We're doing Music Together at Imagination Place (or Nursing and Beyond La Leche League) and then waiting until the evening when we meet up with my friend so I can take her daughter home with us while she goes to class. So if anyone wants to meet up on Thursdays we would be more than happy to.

What class are you in? We are in the 11:15 class. Have you been there before? Maybe I've met you already!

#253 of 296 Old 01-02-2011, 01:06 PM

Hello Claire! I didnt realize you were on MDC too =)

How old do the LOs need to be for Music Together?

#254 of 296 Old 01-02-2011, 03:09 PM

@InMediasRes We are also in the 11:15 class! We went to the holiday songs on Saturdays at 10:15, fall session on Wednesdays at 6:15, last spring (skipped summer) Fridays at 11:15, and last holidays on I don't remember what day. :-P

@Xavismom I took a hiatus and just barely started posting again. :-P Your LO can go to Music Together at any age. Dea went to her first class when she was 9 months, but really started loving it at around a year. I plan on taking the second one from conception on because we'll already be there with Peanut and it's great for them to experience music as early as possible.

#255 of 296 Old 01-21-2011, 06:43 PM

I know a lot of us go to the Sandy LLL. Has anyone tried the enrichment meetings they hold? I haven't been since I'm not technically a LLL member, but I'm thinking of trying the meeting coming up next week and joining if I like it. Do any of you go?

#256 of 296 Old 01-22-2011, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Lactatinggirl - I know you! Andrew and Jane are mine. We talked about the Boba on Thursday.

Ambishop19 - Yes, I go to the enrichment meetings. I love them, actually more than the series meetings. We always talk about something interesting, and they are pretty low key, not nearly as many people. You should come this time and see what you think.

#257 of 296 Old 01-22-2011, 08:52 PM

I wondered if that was you! :-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by InMediasRes View Post

Lactatinggirl - I know you! Andrew and Jane are mine. We talked about the Boba on Thursday.

Ambishop19 - Yes, I go to the enrichment meetings. I love them, actually more than the series meetings. We always talk about something interesting, and they are pretty low key, not nearly as many people. You should come this time and see what you think.

#258 of 296 Old 01-29-2011, 06:30 PM

How do you become a member of the LLL? I miss the meetings and I'd like to go to one of those enrichment meetings too. We'll start going back in March because we're on vacation.

#259 of 296 Old 01-30-2011, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRmama View Post

How do you become a member of the LLL? I miss the meetings and I'd like to go to one of those enrichment meetings too. We'll start going back in March because we're on vacation.

Just talk to one of the leaders. I think I paid $40, but that was before the change from paper to digital magazine, so I don't know if the prices have changed. You don't need to be a member to attend, but I became a member so that I could get the magazine.

#260 of 296 Old 01-31-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lactatinggirl View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRmama View Post

Just talk to one of the leaders. I think I paid $40, but that was before the change from paper to digital magazine, so I don't know if the prices have changed. You don't need to be a member to attend, but I became a member so that I could get the magazine.

Thanks, I will when I get back.

#261 of 296 Old 03-08-2011, 08:40 AM

Is anybody going to the LLL meeting today? We'll be there

#262 of 296 Old 03-08-2011, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Nice to see everyone this morning! Livia, AJ gave me bad baby fever! :)

I'd like to host a playgroup at my house sometime soon. I'm not sure what my schedule is like, but Mondays and Wednesdays are typically good days for us. Let me know what you're up for, who wants to come. I'll bake a loaf of apple challah or something. :)

#263 of 296 Old 03-08-2011, 06:33 PM

Hey Leah it was good to see you too. I'm going to start going more often to the meetings, I miss seeing people lol. Let's definitely plan on meeting up that'd be wonderful. Anyway anytime you wanna borrow AJ you're more than welcome to lol. He's such a high needs baby and I'm still learning to bw. He's not very patient, got that from his father lol, jk

#264 of 296 Old 03-09-2011, 11:24 AM

Wednesdays are great for us!

Mama to my little social butterfly 6/13/09

#265 of 296 Old 03-13-2011, 07:36 PM

Which LLL meeting do you all go to? I'd love to come to a playgroup, but it would have to be after the semester is over (next month) because I have class those days. 

#266 of 296 Old 03-14-2011, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

I think all of us on this thread go to the Sandy one. It's 10AM the 2nd and 4th Tue of each month. I can send you the address if you're interested, but I think it's linked somewhere in this thread.

#267 of 296 Old 03-14-2011, 02:09 PM

It's post #101 here's the link for it 

http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1178357/salt-lake-city-chat-and-meetup-2010/100

Leah, Wednesdays are fine for us too :)

#268 of 296 Old 03-26-2011, 07:46 PM

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and introduce myself.  I'm Jody, mama to 2 little ones, and really wanting to connect with other crunchy mamas, since I can't seem to find many where I live here in Lehi.  I hope I can get to know some of you!  shy.gif

#269 of 296 Old 03-28-2011, 11:19 PM

Hi Jody, you're not very far away from us, we're in Riverton. I'm Livia and I have two little boys one who is almost five months and one who is two. Welcome to MDC :)

#270 of 296 Old 03-29-2011, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Hi Jody! We're just up the freeway from you, in Draper. How old are your littles? Mine are 2 and 4 (seriously?? When did that happen!?) We don't do the "meetup" part of this thread all that often, but I'm working on that for my kiddos. They love to play!

I'm actually hosting a tea at our house tomorrow at 12:30. If you'd like to come, send me a PM and I'll send you the address. I'm pretty sure we're going to have way too much food.

Also, Livia - I'm so sorry I didn't contact you about this sooner! I haven't been on MDC much lately, and I did the invite through facebook. I completely forgot to put it up here. Let me know if you'd like to come play.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page