Playgroup in Tucson 2010 - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-31-2010, 10:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

HI there,

Sorry to hijack your thread -- but I am visiting the Oro Valley area in about a week and could really use some recommendations about fun things to do. My kids are 6 and 3. Please tell me your favorite parks, zoos, and other fun things to do! I am desperate for advice -- it is such a beautiful area -- but when we have gone in the past, we tend to stick close to 'home' as our great grandfather we are visiting is quite elderly. But my kids need some adventures! Thanks! Feel free to PM me if you have ideas! We are up for the zoo, the aquarium (several hours away I think), any fun parks, great story times at the library, farmers markets, or any other adventures!

THANK YOU!

Rachel

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2011, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Your kids will likely like the children's museum downtown. The botanical gardens is nice for outdoor play. Here's a link to the story times http://www.library.pima.gov/services/literacy/storytime.php On the northwest side of town is the Tohono Chul park, it's a sort of a botanical gardens.

Phoenix has a great children's museum and science museum. They're pricey, but nice. In Scottsdale there is the McCormick Stillman park railroad which my kids love.  In Chandler, just off I-10 as you get to Phx is http://www.makutusisland.com/index.html Your kids may be too young for that, but they may not be.

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Oh, and of course there's the arizona sonora desert museum.

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

Old 01-03-2011, 12:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello! Happy New Year!

Now that the holidays are over, we are spending a lot more time in the parks and I was wondering if anyone was interested meeting up? My DD is 3 and loves making friends. I am home for one more month with my 3 month old daughter so we are very flexible.

We live north of Oro Valley and usually go to the parks there.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:54 AM

Haven't been over here in FOREVER but decided to check back on the old playgroup thread to find some much needed camaraderie. I can't do park gatherings during the week but over the weekends, anytime at all, I'd like to get together if anyone is interested. I'm pretty central Tucson. My kids love Himmel and Connor park but we could also venture out of our norm! Hope everyone's doing well and healthy in the new year.

Divorced mama to baby girl (7/5/06) and baby boy (8/5/08) Into anything fun and creative!
Old 01-28-2011, 02:32 PM

There will be a homeschool information night January 31st from 6:30-7:45pm at Main library downtown, in the Children's meeting room. Anyone interested in speaking with current homeschoolers/unschoolers, come check it out!

Brianna

blogging.jpg 

User Tag List