Can I get some Southwest Salt Lake valley ped recs? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-05-2010, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My ped is fine. He's not alarmist when she's sick. He's never pushed me on vaccines. But he's not very close - about 30 minutes away. And he seems overly focused on what she's eating and how she's gaining weight. It's come up at more than one well child visit. But she's miles ahead of "average" with many of her skills and on target or even slightly behind in other areas. Which is to say, she's a growing, healthy, thriving, learning girl. Just like so many kids - so why is he so worried about her weight?

Anyway, can someone rec a ped to me? I'd prefer someone in West or South Jordan. Taylorsville or WVC...or maybe even Kearns...would be fine, too. I think I just don't want to drive all across the valley or into downtown if I can avoid it.

Semi-crunchy Mama to three happy, healthy girls - T(6/08), A (12/10) and B (12/10)
#2 of 4 Old 01-05-2010, 07:44 PM

I've been recommended to go to Dr. Reid Harrison by my chiropractor who does not vax. He's in Riverton (I know Riverton isn't one of your choices ), I've never been to him but I scheduled my son's one year wbv with him since we're moving there. I've been told he's vaccine and ap friendly and he's also an internist so he can see the whole family too. Hope this helps, good luck.
#3 of 4 Old 01-06-2010, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

I just made an appointment with Dr. Harrison. I looked at old recommendation threads and his name came up in one, but neither his first name nor the fact that he's an internist were mentioned so I couldn't find him on my insurance list. Two recommendations is good enough for me to at least check him out. We actually do need a family doctor, so if I like him this will be good. Thanks!

Semi-crunchy Mama to three happy, healthy girls - T(6/08), A (12/10) and B (12/10)
#4 of 4 Old 01-08-2010, 02:40 AM

I go to Dr Lei at Copperview Pediatrics. He's ok, doesn't say a word on vaccines and he's close, so those are my main two reasons for keeping him. He kind of just lets me do my thing. My dd is big though, so I don't know how he would act about the weight thing. Good luck! I hate having to find a ped!

Mama to my little social butterfly 6/13/09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page