Is there any Organic or vegetarian restaurants in Phoenix Metro? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 01-30-2010, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My dad is coming to visit and he's a natropath and very strict about his eating. I need to find a good organic or vegetarian restaurant, not one that thinks that a vegetarian meals is a plate full of roasted vegies! Oh please tell me there is some where good to eat around her and even better if its in the east valley! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 02-01-2010, 01:43 AM

check out under the bungalow in mesa... i'll update with more places if i think of them!
#3 of 13 Old 02-01-2010, 08:03 PM

http://www.thedeliqc.com/

In Queen Creek , really good organic , made from scratch,
for vegans, vegetarian , or meat eaters ,

Made to order anything you can think of ,, great people run the place
#4 of 13 Old 02-02-2010, 12:29 AM
Banned

I know a lot of old-school hippy-crunchy Phoenicians on strict veggie and vegan diets, and they do not have trouble eating out. IMO, the Tempe area is a little easier to feed veggies in than elsewhere, but I've never had actual difficulty finding a restaurant with awesome vegetarian options.

Pita Jungle has several restaurants throughout the area. They offer an substantial vegetarian and vegan menu. www.pitajungle.com

I haven't been there in a while, but the Supreme Master Ching Hai Vegetarian House was always a great place to go eat with vegans (3239 E. Indian School Road).

Cafe Lalibela in Tempe is Ethiopian and has tasty, tasty vegetarian options.

azcentral.com has a dining search feature. Running a quick search on "vegetarian" yielded 191 returns.
#5 of 13 Old 02-02-2010, 01:15 AM

Green in Tempe is a small, very casual place. It is 100% vegan and mostly organic.
http://www.greenvegetarian.com/

Victoria, natural childbirth educator and certified labor doula
#6 of 13 Old 02-02-2010, 02:01 AM

there's a place in tempe... can't think of the name still... it has some yoga type classes next door/attached... haven't been there in years b/c it's far away. last time i tried to go was summer and they were closed for the season.

the deli in QC is awesome, can't believe i forgot about that! the olive mill might be a good one, i think they try to get food locally, but i know most of their olives come from their farm in CA, and if i remember correctly, the olives that are grown in AZ are shipped and processed in CA too. but the food is really good.

there's a restaurant on south mountain (a little pricey and fancy), i think it's called the farm at south mountain, they have great food.

i have more to come for you... just having to jog my memory!
#7 of 13 Old 02-02-2010, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
http://www.happycow.net/north_americ...izona/phoenix/

http://phoenix.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi...ation_id%3D274

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

#8 of 13 Old 02-03-2010, 10:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
http://www.foxrc.com/true_food_kitchen.html

Quote:
Great-tasting globally inspired cuisine that nourishes body, mind, and spirit.

True Food Kitchen is an innovative new eatery developed in partnership with Fox Restaurant Concepts and best-selling author Dr. Andrew Weil. Now open for lunch and dinner at The Biltmore Fashion Park, True Food Kitchen offers a globally inspired, seasonal menu that will appeal to people of all ages seeking a more balanced lifestyle. True Food Kitchen celebrates the simple, pure flavors of quality local and regional ingredients with a menu that tastes great while nourishing your mind, body and spirit.

At True Food Kitchen, we believe simple, fresh, pure ingredients create the most satisfying and memorable dining experiences. While our menu is packed with nutritious, good-for-you vegetables, whole grains, and proteins, we never sacrifice flavor. You may not notice the difference, but it’s there.

* We use seasonal, locally grown, organic produce as often as possible. It tastes better and is more nutritious.
* Our seafood is wild or sustainably harvested. Our Black Cod from Alaska has more Omega-3s than salmon.
* We use natural, hormone and antibiotic-free chicken, turkey and natural angus beef.
* We use healthy fats like extra virgin olive oil and expellier pressed canola oil.
* We use minimal dairy in our recipes; what we do use is all organic.
* Most of our pastas are wheat free and made from brown
and white rice.
* Our pizza crusts and pita breads are made in-house with organic flour, spelt and flax seed.
* We offer biodynamic, organic and sustainable wine.
* We are the only restaurant in the nation to provide Olivello Juice, an extract from sea buckthorn berries. Olivello is full of powerful natural anti-oxidants and other protective phytonutrients. (You can find this ingredient in Andy’s Elixir, Medicine Man, and Orange Olivello Sorbet with Fresh Berries.)
* We offer 13 vegetarian, 5 vegan, and 10 gluten-free items on our menu.
* We purify our own bottled water in-house using Natura Water System, which eliminates plastic bottle waste.
* We offer farro, a true whole-grain dish, which is delicious and slow digesting (low glycemic load).
* Our house-made natural sodas and fresh juice drinks are sweetened with either agave nectar or honey, they are full of health-protective compounds and have less impact on blood sugar.
* For those who want a noncaloric sweetener, we offer a natural alternative that will not undermine your health: erythritol.
* We put delicious, organic plum tomatoes from Tuscany on our pizzas.
#9 of 13 Old 02-04-2010, 11:46 AM

I second Green, Its on Scottsdale Rd in North Tempe.
It's right up the street from Udupi Cafe

Green is 100% vegan and Udupi is mostly vegan. We are vegan and eat frequetly at both places.
There's always the salad bars, Souper Salad and Sweet Tomatoes also. They have a lot of vegetarian dishes and some vegan dishes along with salad vegetables.

Michelle, vegan mama to my two sweeties, L, 4/21/04 and C, 10/29/06 married to my Bryce for 20 years.

#10 of 13 Old 02-05-2010, 10:41 PM

I second True Food as a great place for wonderful organic foods. They have many vegan/vegetarian dishes and gluten free.
#11 of 13 Old 02-06-2010, 06:22 PM

There is the Loving Hut in North Phoenix. It is pretty good!
#12 of 13 Old 02-10-2010, 12:27 AM

le grande orange pizzaria is my FAV.... they offer vegetarian and will make almost anything they offer vegan by request.

~jen~ )O( mama to k 07/05 o 5/08 and c 12/09
#13 of 13 Old 07-14-2014, 11:06 AM

Not Pita Jungle...for black bean burgers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stik View Post
I know a lot of old-school hippy-crunchy Phoenicians on strict veggie and vegan diets, and they do not have trouble eating out. IMO, the Tempe area is a little easier to feed veggies in than elsewhere, but I've never had actual difficulty finding a restaurant with awesome vegetarian options.<br><br>
Pita Jungle has several restaurants throughout the area. They offer an substantial vegetarian and vegan menu. <a href="http://www.pitajungle.com" target="_blank">www.pitajungle.com</a><br><br>
I haven't been there in a while, but the Supreme Master Ching Hai Vegetarian House was always a great place to go eat with vegans (3239 E. Indian School Road).<br><br>
Cafe Lalibela in Tempe is Ethiopian and has tasty, tasty vegetarian options.<br><br>
azcentral.com has a dining search feature. Running a quick search on "vegetarian" yielded 191 returns.
It's okay, just don't try the black bean burger sandwich. It is mushy and squishy burger, it doesn't hold together at all. I bought black bean burgers at Costco and found them they hold together after heating them up either in a skillet or grill pan. Their sweet potato fries are very good.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page