Cold Air Inversion and Infants? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 02-11-2010, 01:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are seriously considering a job opportunity for DH in Logan, UT. Unfortunately, Cache Valley has the problem of major air pollution in the winter. We are having a baby in mid-August, and I'm wondering what the impact might be for my 5-6 month old when the inversion is happening next winter? Does it increase the chance of SIDS or any other problems for infants that are exposed?

We are considering me staying with my parents in another part of the country for that time frame to not run the risk of what it might do to the baby. I also will have children ages eight to two at that time.

Thanks!
Marci
#2 of 2 Old 02-27-2010, 05:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've been in UT for a year and I am also worried about the air quality. I don't know any stats about how it affects infants. My baby has been just fine, though. I haven't noticed her having any health problems that my older kids didn't when they were babies. I have heard of people developing asthma because of the poor air quality but I don't have any real data....

These websites look helpful

Utah Air Quality

Utah Health Dept
The health dept has a place where you can submit a question--they probably know about any research studies that have been done.

Utah Moms for Clean Air

This looks like a good place to find research

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page